Leeds Utd v Everton Match Thread - Phillips and Firpo in, Koch and Rodrigo out

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Re: Leeds Utd v Everton Match Thread - Phillips and Firpo in, Koch and Rodrigo out

Post by mothbanquet »

At least we've been more our usual selves. A bit too much in Cooper's case, but it's positive after last game.

We can win this but won't turn me nose up at a point either all things considered.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Leeds Utd v Everton Match Thread - Phillips and Firpo in, Koch and Rodrigo out

Post by Irish Ian »

SG90 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:57 pm Agree. Llorente will replace Struijk rather than Cooper. Ayling isn't good enough. When is Shack going to get a chance?
Shack isnt a viable rwb. Hes ok for a standin at best imo.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Johnboy1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnboy1965 »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:58 pm I was thinking an Ayling upgrade would be next on our shopping list...
Yep would agree. defensively not great and been given the run around for the second time in 2 games.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:58 pm I was thinking an Ayling upgrade would be next on our shopping list...
I doubt it. He'll probably get a new contract.
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

We might already have one with Drameh
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Anyone notice the forum timer is an hour slow?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
onemoreslogan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by onemoreslogan »

Huge goal by Klich to equalize before the half. Great possession but we looked a little scattered in our own end when they finally did get the ball and it wasn't just the back four. Gotta find a way to unlock them because we can't count on another goal on the break.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:05 pm Anyone notice the forum timer is an hour slow?
Think it's on GMT not British Summertime :duno:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:57 pm Agree. Llorente will replace Struijk rather than Cooper. Ayling isn't good enough. When is Shack going to get a chance?
Mb is a bit sentimental i think actually.

He adores these stalwarts who say yes sir and no sir.

Great professionals i guess and great servants but to progress you have to take that out of it can he?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Hope so.

Lovely lad, gives his all, scores some great goals but actually if you analyse him defensively you would be surprised how bad he is at times.

Last week was a key example, great goal appealed to our fans but his man was Pogba who created 3 goals i think, that shows defensively Ayling was miles off it.
Signed

King Cjay

John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Kalvin undresses Richarlison.

Much the better of the two players
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

ffs
Signed

King Cjay

John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Cjay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:13 pmffs
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

WhiteRose wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:03 pm We might already have one with Drameh
I would hope so, but he has to be given a chance. And I don't just mean against Crewe.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Looking very shaky at the back yet again
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Hell's fire
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:07 pm Mb is a bit sentimental i think actually.

He adores these stalwarts who say yes sir and no sir.

Great professionals i guess and great servants but to progress you have to take that out of it can he?
Well he said we don't need anymore signings and he thinks Forshaw is the answer. For all the great he has brought us, his favouritism will set us back.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

defensively all over the shop and the midfield is non existent now.
Signed

King Cjay

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Firpo Struijk and Dallas all in error.

Almost 1-3 there
'
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Just shows Llorente is our best player!