The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 26th August) - USA International striker linked with loan move to Elland Road

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Breakfast Debate The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 26th August) - USA International striker linked with loan move to Elland Road

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Thursday 26th August, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

USA International striker on loan?

American International striker Daryl Dike has been strongly linked with a move to Elland Road over the last couple of day. The Orlando City centre forward enjoyed a successful spell at Barnsley last term under the guidance of former Manager Valérien Ismaël. Since taking the reigns at the Hawthorns, speculations continues to grow suggesting a move to the West Midlands is on the card. Dike, 21, stands 6ft 2' and has a muscular frame. He broke into the USA national squad during his impressive time with the Tykes. Multiple reports suggest Leeds want Tyke on loan with a view to a 14m transfer next season if successful!

Brownhill speculation grows as bookies slash odds

Despite Leeds playing down the likelihood of any further signings, Burnley midfielder Josh Brownhill continues to be linked with a move to West Yorkshire. The Warrington born lad came through the ranks at Preston before enjoying a four year stint with Bristol City. He joined Sean Dyche's team for 9m during the 2020 January transfer window, and has made 45 appearances for them.

Leeds are keen to add backup to their central midfield in case of injury or fatigue to Klich and Dallas! Sky Bet, normally a reliable source on transfers have slashed their odds to just 7/4 on Brownhill becoming a Leeds player this Summer.

Ryan Kent has endured a torrid start to the new season with Rangers. Whilst all players go through a slump, the Scottish Champions still need to raise funds following their exit in Europe's elite competition. If Kent were available, I'm sure Leeds would still find the cash to buy him. Other odds include;

Ryan Kent - 4/1
Daniel James - 8/1
Divock Origi - 12/1
Mikel Damsgaard - 12/1
Sander Berge - 16/1

Are we looking at a six pointer on Sunday

Its fair to say Leeds have had an inconsistent start to the season, shipping seven goals in two games. The fight they showed at Elland Road last weekend demonstrated that the Whites will be no pushovers this term, though many are concerned that this term will be a lot more difficult than last!

Sunday's opponents Burnley finished just above the drop zone in 17th place last season and are tipped not to do any better this term. Whilst three points would be a welcome relief for all, would a loss to Sean Dyche's team place the Whites in an early relegation scrap or is it too early to tell? Would you say Sunday's match is a six pointer?

mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 26th August) - USA International striker linked with loan move to Elland Road

Post by mothbanquet »

Dike or Brownhill would be a welcome addition to the squad, I just can't really see anything else happening.

If Llorente isn't back by Burnley, I think we'll just about get the win like last season. If Llorente is back, I think we'll smash them like last season. Either way, we're the better side and have nothing to fear. It's not a six pointer. Manure are the better side, Everton are equals and both games reflected that. We're better than Burnley and the game will reflect that.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 26th August) - USA International striker linked with loan move to Elland Road

Post by 1964white »

mothbanquet wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:34 am Dike or Brownhill would be a welcome addition to the squad, I just can't really see anything else happening
Nor can I Moth.
mothbanquet wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:34 am If Llorente isn't back by Burnley, I think we'll just about get the win like last season. If Llorente is back, I think we'll smash them like last season. Either way, we're the better side and have nothing to fear. It's not a six pointer. Manure are the better side, Everton are equals and both games reflected that. We're better than Burnley and the game will reflect that.
Agree :tup:
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

I think I’ll give up on the transfer speculation and now just settle for “what will be will be”!

Yes it’s important that we get a good result against Burnley and I think we will. 4pts out of 9 at the start of the season is a steady return but 1pt out of 9 is relegation form.
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

me too give up on transfer rumours.. if anyone does come in either buy or a loan it needs to be a creative midfielder.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

That news means we'll probably get another goalie and a winger nobodys heard of, both wont get a look in anyway.
We'll have to see what dosent happen I suppose.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

mentalcase wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:12 am That news means we'll probably get another goalie and a winger nobodys heard of, both wont get a look in anyway.
We'll have to see what dosent happen I suppose.
Yep, and they'll probably play for the under 12's!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

14M for an U23 sounds a bit rich... He's going to be waiting for a Paddy injury no matter how good he is and he looks a bit of a lump on tape. Also it takes Americans a while to adapt to playing in the prem
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

faaip wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:48 am 14M for an U23 sounds a bit rich... He's going to be waiting for a Paddy injury no matter how good he is and he looks a bit of a lump on tape. Also it takes Americans a while to adapt to playing in the prem
I saw him playing for Barnsley on the Quest highlights a few times last season. He's definitely a lump. I think he would be breathing out of his arse playing murder ball.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Morning Folks,

Cant see those signings come in. Too late now.

Burnley games have both been tasty affairs. Alioski winding them up and Raphs afters in the tunnel. First game they were robbed of a pen. Llorente would be a welcome addition as I dread having Ayling as the third CB against their two.

Away to Fulham in the League Cup I see.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Irish Ian wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:28 am Morning Folks,

Cant see those signings come in. Too late now.

Burnley games have both been tasty affairs. Alioski winding them up and Raphs afters in the tunnel. First game they were robbed of a pen. Llorente would be a welcome addition as I dread having Ayling as the third CB against their two.

Away to Fulham in the League Cup I see.
They may surprise us!!!
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

rondownunder
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by rondownunder »

Unfortunately for Orta and Kinnear, if Burnley roll us on Saturday the rage of the fans about the lack of incoming faces will be stratospheric and leave them a couple of days to try and appease. We have the squad to beat Burnley handsomely, so any criticism about transfers is a side-show. As I have said all along, Leeds are forced to wait for the transfer dominos to fall at the top before knowing who is available and who is affordable. Mbappe, Ronaldo etc all have to happen for rosters to be laid bare. Llorente and Phillips both fit and in the side is key for Leeds to bomb forward with confidence and get the best out of Bielsa's strategy. Regarding the transfer spec above, I think we will do better than those by the end of the window.