Burnley v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Klich and Firpo unavailable

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Burnley v Leeds Utd Match Thread/Apparently KLICH & FIRPO unavailable today!

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:01 pm 2 man mid if Pascal is a CB and one of those is Rodders.

7 U23's on the bench
Five mate unless you are including Shacks
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Burnley v Leeds Utd Match Thread/Apparently KLICH & FIRPO unavailable today!

Post by Irish Ian »

Wood will be looking to get close to Coops today.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:03 pm So I'm assuming Kalvin the 8 and Pascal the DMF... otherwise we get over run surely
Would have thought that myself with Pascal DMF / dropping deep as spare CB with Burnley playing two up front.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:04 pm Is he though? Can we afford just the one centre mid.
Yes Struijk maybe in the middle or Ayling & Dallas go narrow if we play three at the back.
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Come on Leeds United let's turn these clarets over . Difficult opponents but certainly beatable.Go on Super Leeds United.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:05 pm Look at the bench, there wont be a weaker bench in the Premier league this matchday.
Not much experience on the bench at all & unless one of the kids come up with something remarkable given the opportunity we have no game changers.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Burnley v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Klich and Firpo unavailable

Post by BGwhite »

Too many sick notes . The bench is weaker than we had in the championship.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

BGwhite wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:32 pm Too many sick notes . The bench is weaker than we had in the championship.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk
Not good
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Burnley are cloggers, not looking fwd to our lads getting battered and bruised
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Klich & Firpo both got Covid

How the heck have these two got it, I hope they've had their jabs.

It's spreading like wildfire atm, why am I not surprised :roll:
billie1
First Team
First Team

Post by billie1 »

faaip wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:55 am Klich tested positive for Covid I'm hearing.
Junior Firpo has tweeted that he has also tested positive and has had a tough few days but he is well now and isolating
onemoreslogan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by onemoreslogan »

I'm okay with that lineup, it should be enough. I can't remember for sure, but hasn't Klich already had Covid?
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:05 pm Look at the bench, there wont be a weaker bench in the Premier league this matchday.
Possibly but in future years we might look back and 3 or 4 of the youngsters are starting regularly for us. Overload the squad with back-up players and the youth will never get a chance. Overload the squad with starting standard of players and you risk an unhappy squad with too many players missing out. Much better to have hungry youngsters on the bench who are eager to impress and aren't going to be knocking on the manager's door and asking why they aren't playing and demanding a transfer.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:06 pm Five mate unless you are including Shacks
7 players that started in our U23's ..Only Forshaw and Costa did not
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

onemoreslogan wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:48 pm I'm okay with that lineup, it should be enough. I can't remember for sure, but hasn't Klich already had Covid?
You can have it more than once, he's probably had the Alpha now has the Delta I guess.. We will run out of Greek letters by the time it's over..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Looks a decent high upside bench to me ...
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Our starting eleven ought to be enough to see us past this game.

I'm very happy to see Llorente back, and thrilled to see Rodrigo, Harrison, Raphinha, and Bamford on the pitch at the same time. The more those four can work together and get used to one another the better off we'll be. If they click today we could batter these guys.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

You're right again 64 no Klich/ Firpo.

Watching this one in the pub in sunny Lanzarote. Filling up rightly, don't know the flavour balance yet lol.