You called??YorkshireSquare wrote: ↑Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:01 pm You 'Reported' it, rather than quoting it!
Going to have to ban Mountain now![]()
Album of 1984 (Round 3) - RESULT
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- hector
- Moderator

- Posts: 14623
- Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
- Location: In a wood
Re: Album of 1974 - Nominate Now!
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 78986
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Album of 1974 - Nominate Now!
Banmaster General
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- Gandalf
- Superstar

- Posts: 11608
- Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:51 am
Re: Album of 1974 - Nominate Now!
Late to the party, again, So, most of my options have already been chosen. Which leaves me with Katy Lied (already nominated the Dan for other years), Irish Tour (but the awful keyboards on that take it down a notch) and a few others. However, I will go with :
Robin Trower - Bridge of Sighs
Robin Trower - Bridge of Sighs
Last edited by Gandalf on Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155131
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Album of 1974 - Nominate Now!
Trower's best work. Gandi.Gandalf wrote: ↑Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:21 pm Late to the party, again, So, most of my options have already been chosen. Which leaves me with Katy Lies (already nominated the Dan for other years), Irish Tour (but the awful keyboards on that take it down a notch) and a few others. However, I will go with :
Robin Trower - Bridge of Sighs
-
SG90
- Superstar

- Posts: 23124
- Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm
-
Mountain
- First Team

- Posts: 2285
- Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:20 am
-
Mick Jones shoulder
- Manager

- Posts: 2911
- Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:34 pm
- Gandalf
- Superstar

- Posts: 11608
- Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:51 am
Re: Album of 1974 - Nominate Now!
Indeed it was. I had a brainfart as I nominated Katy for 1975.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
- White Riot
- Superstar

- Posts: 22381
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
- Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Re: Album of 1974 - Nominate Now!
It is a good un mate, and I actually felt that they were more of a rock group in the early days, and the music was more genuine.
I used to have their first nine albums, but kinda went off them a bit once punk, new wave, ska and all that hit the music scene. Plus they were writing a lot of stadium songs "Friends Wiil Be Friends", etc, which I didn't think aligned with the great music they'd done previously.
A Night At The Opera is my favourite, and I actually had to think long and hard between SHA and Queen 2 for 1974. Played all those albums of theirs to death at the time
- whiteswan
- Superstar

- Posts: 20737
- Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am
- whiteswan
- Superstar

- Posts: 20737
- Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am
- White Riot
- Superstar

- Posts: 22381
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
- Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
- Gandalf
- Superstar

- Posts: 11608
- Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:51 am
Re: Album of 1974 - Nominate Now!
Dunno about 64, but I saw them at Wakefield Technical College in 1973 - End of term dance (...and I pulled
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
- whiteswan
- Superstar

- Posts: 20737
- Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am
Re: Album of 1974 - Nominate Now!
I worked in the dental clinic opposite the tech in 1973 Gandalph, on the corner 'tother side of Margaret Street/Bond Street. It was called Bond House, quite an amazing white building with double bay windows and old zig zag cellars. Demolished now
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155131
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Album of 1974 - Nominate Now!
Saw them many times at pubs in Leeds, Bradford, Wakefield, Halifax, Huddersfield, etc Swannie. A couple of their initial gigs were free, then they started charging 10p at the door
Seen most of the bands nominated in the 74 poll so far
- billie1
- First Team

- Posts: 1299
- Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:13 pm
- Location: Gloucestershire
Re: Album of 1974 - Nominate Now!
I agree , the early albums were their best particularly the first four which I still listen to ( as well as News of the World ) . I might still nominate Q2 for this poll which is probably my favourite after A Night at the Opera .White Riot wrote: ↑Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:47 pm It is a good un mate, and I actually felt that they were more of a rock group in the early days, and the music was more genuine.
I used to have their first nine albums, but kinda went off them a bit once punk, new wave, ska and all that hit the music scene. Plus they were writing a lot of stadium songs "Friends Wiil Be Friends", etc, which I didn't think aligned with the great music they'd done previously.
A Night At The Opera is my favourite, and I actually had to think long and hard between SHA and Queen 2 for 1974. Played all those albums of theirs to death at the time![]()
- White Riot
- Superstar

- Posts: 22381
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
- Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Re: Album of 1974 - Nominate Now!
Spot on Billie, Q2, will get 4 points from me, 7 Seas of Rhye is a classic mate
- hector
- Moderator

- Posts: 14623
- Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
- Location: In a wood
Re: Album of 1974 - Nominate Now!
3 of my favourites look set to miss out
Diamond Dogs, Kimono my House and David Live
I got David Live and Kimono for Xmas in 1974
Diamond Dogs, Kimono my House and David Live
I got David Live and Kimono for Xmas in 1974
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
- Gandalf
- Superstar

- Posts: 11608
- Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:51 am
Re: Album of 1974 - Nominate Now!
Well, nominate one of them, then !!
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
- hector
- Moderator

- Posts: 14623
- Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
- Location: In a wood
Re: Album of 1974 - Nominate Now!
Would love to mate, but haven't got the energy levels or attention span at the moment to listen to all the nominated albums.
That is why I haven't been involved in this for a while
That is why I haven't been involved in this for a while
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time