Album of 1984 (Round 3) - RESULT
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- Durly
- First Team

- Posts: 2339
- Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:11 pm
Re: Album of 1984 - SG to VOTE
All down to SG then, to see if Moz or Bono triumph........
Thinking towards 1994..........4 stand out albums for me........be tough to choose one from them. Hoping a couple might get nominated by others......one absolutely no chance, I'd say.....
Thinking towards 1994..........4 stand out albums for me........be tough to choose one from them. Hoping a couple might get nominated by others......one absolutely no chance, I'd say.....

- White Riot
- Superstar

- Posts: 22381
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
- Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Re: Album of 1984 - SG to VOTE
Certainly, perhaps
- Durly
- First Team

- Posts: 2339
- Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:11 pm
-
Mountain
- First Team

- Posts: 2285
- Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:20 am
Re: Album of 1984 - SG to VOTE
1994...my favourite album ever and a group that deserved far more acclaim. It will be a low points scorer.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155150
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Album of 1984 - SG to VOTE
Hopefully SG posts up his votes.
Please would someone remind him when he's on MOT later, thanks.
Please would someone remind him when he's on MOT later, thanks.
- White Riot
- Superstar

- Posts: 22381
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
- Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
-
SG90
- Superstar

- Posts: 23125
- Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm
Re: Album of 1984 - SG to VOTE
Sorry everyone that was very quick
Replacements
Smiths
Echo and the Bunnymen
Talking Heads
Violent Femmes
Replacements
Smiths
Echo and the Bunnymen
Talking Heads
Violent Femmes
- White Riot
- Superstar

- Posts: 22381
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
- Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Re: Album of 1984 - SG to VOTE
Seen as SGs voted well done 64 and Mozza
94 album
Oasis - Definitely Maybe
Sorry for stepping on your toes Leon
94 album
Oasis - Definitely Maybe
Sorry for stepping on your toes Leon
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 78993
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Album of 1994 - NOMINATE NOW!
NiN 'The Downward Spiral'
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
-
SG90
- Superstar

- Posts: 23125
- Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm
Re: Album of 1994 - NOMINATE NOW!
Some good albums this year, Hole, Sunny Day Real Estate, Pavement, Beck, Nas....
But I'll go for Weezer - Weezer (Blue Album)
But I'll go for Weezer - Weezer (Blue Album)
- Durly
- First Team

- Posts: 2339
- Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:11 pm
Re: Album of 1994 - NOMINATE NOW!
Lovely job. Any excuse to listen yo this utterly wonderful piece of work. I shall delve into my 45rpm double vinyl copy this evening.

- Durly
- First Team

- Posts: 2339
- Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:11 pm
Re: Album of 1994 - NOMINATE NOW!
I would have gone with The God Machine but went with them for 1993, so I'm going:
Nas - Illmatic
Nas - Illmatic

- Finnatic
- Superstar

- Posts: 6704
- Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:47 pm
Re: Album of 1994 - NOMINATE NOW!
Morrissey - Vauxhall and I
This is more of a sentimental choice than an overall favourite, reminding me of a quite happy period of my life and a female friend who I sort of fancied but not a particularly lustful way, more that we went to gigs and listened to records together and liked each other’s company.
Within a few years I got married and that put paid to that friendship, I can tell you
This is more of a sentimental choice than an overall favourite, reminding me of a quite happy period of my life and a female friend who I sort of fancied but not a particularly lustful way, more that we went to gigs and listened to records together and liked each other’s company.
Within a few years I got married and that put paid to that friendship, I can tell you
-
Mountain
- First Team

- Posts: 2285
- Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:20 am
Re: Album of 1994 - NOMINATE NOW!
In a brilliant year for electronica, ambient and IDM, with great albums by the Aphex Twin, Underworld, Autechre, Massive Attack, the Sabres of Paradise etc one stood out. At a time when they were collaborating with ex Cocteau Twins Elizabeth Fraser, Curve, Robert Fripp, Ozric Tentacles etc it's a masterpiece.
The Future Sound of London - "Lifeforms"
https://youtu.be/u5KyDiTQa7c
The Future Sound of London - "Lifeforms"
https://youtu.be/u5KyDiTQa7c
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 78993
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Album of 1994 - NOMINATE NOW!
Always preferred Dead Cities myself
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
-
Mountain
- First Team

- Posts: 2285
- Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:20 am
- Gandalf
- Superstar

- Posts: 11608
- Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:51 am
Re: Album of 1994 - NOMINATE NOW!
Pink Floyd - The Division Bell
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
-
Mick Jones shoulder
- Manager

- Posts: 2911
- Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:34 pm
Re: Album of 1994 - NOMINATE NOW!
Jeff Buckley/ Grace
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155150
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Album of 1984 - SG to VOTE
No problem mate, good of you to help, much appreciatedWhite Riot wrote: ↑Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:35 pm Seen as SGs voted well done 64 and Mozza![]()
94 album
Oasis - Definitely Maybe
Sorry for stepping on your toes Leon![]()
I'll update the list of winning albums & current '94 nominations later, as I'm busy with work today after my day off at ER yesterday.
- billie1
- First Team

- Posts: 1299
- Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:13 pm
- Location: Gloucestershire
Re: Album of 1994 - NOMINATE NOW!
I’ll pass on this year ‘64 , thanks .