Covid

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Covid passports

Yes
45%
No
48%
Don't know
7%

Total votes: 44

Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Covid Wars

Post by Sara »

faaip wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:15 pm Think Margaret Thatcher as a goth .....
More like Lucy Parsons, only white.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Ahh

Anarchy in the UK

nice
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Spurs Entry Requirements

Following the Premier League’s recent announcement, Tottenham Hotspur require all adult supporters to be prepared to show they have been fully vaccinated or have received a negative test result no more than 48 hours prior to kick-off. Supporters without this may be refused entry.

Hull hospitals

All are full to capacity, as are some of the Lincolnshire hospitals

Austria

Days after Austria imposed a lockdown on the unvaccinated, it has announced a full national Covid-19 lockdown starting on Monday.

Covid passports

There have been protests and complaints of restricted freedom, but much of Europe is now using Covid passports to enter bars, restaurants, cinemas and museums.

Europe

Germany has seen several days of record infections this week, and Health Minister Jens Spahn has spoken of "a national emergency that requires a combined national effort".

Bavaria, which borders Austria, state premier Markus Söder has gone further, declaring a "de facto lockdown for the unvaccinated". Bars and clubs will close for three weeks and all Christmas markets have been cancelled. Where weekly incidence rates top 1,000 per 100,000 people - restaurants, hotels, sport and culture will also close.Italy also requires a Covid pass to enter a workplace and Austria is about to follow suit.

Slovak Prime Minister Eduard Heger has already announced that a "lockdown for the unvaccinated" will start on Monday, and the Czech government is also limiting access to a variety of services.

Netherlands introduced a partial lockdown last weekend.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Covid passports

There have been protests and complaints of restricted freedom, but much of Europe is now using Covid passports to enter bars, restaurants, cinemas and museums.
If the Vaccinated are not allowed in anywhere why is the virus spreading? Austria have apparently mandated the vaccine for all adults. Hold on tight folks its about to get nasty. I hope they include all their diplomats in their mandate.
whiteroseboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by whiteroseboy »

Leeds1000 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:20 pm If the Vaccinated are not allowed in anywhere why is the virus spreading? Austria have apparently mandated the vaccine for all adults. Hold on tight folks its about to get nasty. I hope they include all their diplomats in their mandate.
You do know the rule has only just come in this month don't you?
It's in response to the rise in cases and hospitalizations among the non vaccinated.

Still let's not let the facts get in the way.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

whiteroseboy wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:25 pm You do know the rule has only just come in this month don't you?
It's in response to the rise in cases and hospitalizations among the non vaccinated.

Still let's not let the facts get in the way.
For which country? I thought the rule had been around Europe for months? What about deaths and immunity afterwards, age groups ect? All we keep being hearing is its the unvaccinated? Is that the unvaccinated elderly? Or fit healthy people who are able to cope with the virus?
whiteroseboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by whiteroseboy »

Leeds1000 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:37 pm For which country? I thought the rule had been around Europe for months? What about deaths and immunity afterwards, age groups ect? All we keep being hearing is its the unvaccinated? Is that the unvaccinated elderly? Or fit healthy people who are able to cope with the virus?
5th Nov in Austria.

Around 90%+ covid hospital admissions non vaccinated it really is a no brainer for me.

Which countries have had the rule in for months I really don't know and can't find any?

Not saying there isn't but if you say most of Europe I'm intrigued.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

whiteroseboy wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:51 pm 5th Nov in Austria.

Around 90%+ covid hospital admissions non vaccinated it really is a no brainer for me.

Which countries have had the rule in for months I really don't know and can't find any?

Not saying there isn't but if you say most of Europe I'm intrigued.
https://www.euronews.com/travel/2021/10 ... ed-one-for

I think you will agree its a a fair amount of EU countries?

Where did you get the info on the 90%+ Covid hospital admissions?

If you think forcing people to have a medical procedure against their will is a good idea then i hope history judges your opinion well. I will stick to my principles and disagree with you. Elderly and the vulnerable.
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

1964white wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:34 pm Spurs Entry Requirements

Following the Premier League’s recent announcement, Tottenham Hotspur require all adult supporters to be prepared to show they have been fully vaccinated or have received a negative test result no more than 48 hours prior to kick-off. Supporters without this may be refused entry.

Hull hospitals

All are full to capacity, as are some of the Lincolnshire hospitals

Austria

Days after Austria imposed a lockdown on the unvaccinated, it has announced a full national Covid-19 lockdown starting on Monday.

Covid passports

Europe

Germany has seen several days of record infections this week, and Health Minister Jens Spahn has spoken of "a national emergency that requires a combined national effort".

Bavaria, which borders Austria, state premier Markus Söder has gone further, declaring a "de facto lockdown for the unvaccinated". Bars and clubs will close for three weeks and all Christmas markets have been cancelled. Where weekly incidence rates top 1,000 per 100,000 people - restaurants, hotels, sport and culture will also close.Italy also requires a Covid pass to enter a workplace and Austria is about to follow suit.

Slovak Prime Minister Eduard Heger has already announced that a "lockdown for the unvaccinated" will start on Monday, and the Czech government is also limiting access to a variety of services.

Netherlands introduced a partial lockdown last weekend.
There'll be no issue with Spurs having full capacity or a negative result.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Leeds1000 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:28 pm https://www.euronews.com/travel/2021/10 ... ed-one-for

If you think forcing people to have a medical procedure against their will is a good idea then i hope history judges your opinion well. I will stick to my principles and disagree with you. Elderly and the vulnerable.
Whilst people remain unvaccinated, Covid is here to stay!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Overman wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:13 am There'll be no issue with Spurs having full capacity or a negative result.
I think the checks will be random.

I'll proudly show my vaccination card if required to do so.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Leeds1000 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:28 pm If you think forcing people to have a medical procedure against their will is a good idea....
Mandatory rules truly don't bother me one bit, doing the right thing is more important imo!

To me, it's like:

Having to wear a seat belt in your car.
Not using mobiles whilst driving.
Drink-driving.
Not speeding in built-up areas.
Having childhood vaccinations.
Security checks at airports.
Animal inoculations & having control of your pets
Showing your season-ticket/match ticket at away games.

So many other things we are compelled to do in our lives, really doesn't bother me!
whiteroseboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by whiteroseboy »

Leeds1000 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:28 pm https://www.euronews.com/travel/2021/10 ... ed-one-for

Yes I agree lots of countries with varying restrictions mainly based on the EU Green Pass but not many actual lockdowns like we are talking about. Some countries are only using the restrictions for large events. Non of the restrictions stop people mixing altogether.

I got my 90% figure from a report in the British medical journal.
Locally information I'm given from former work colleagues it is certainly the case in York hospital and believe most Yorkshire hospitals with ICU units.

I agree in freedom of choice as long as its not detrimental to others.
We'll agree to disagree on principles.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

1964white wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:12 am Whilst people remain unvaccinated, Covid is here to stay!
Christmas cancelled in Gibralter the most vaccinated country in the world?

Do we blame the unvaccinated for that?
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

1964white wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:32 am Mandatory rules truly don't bother me one bit, doing the right thing is more important imo!

To me, it's like:

Having to wear a seat belt in your car.
Not using mobiles whilst driving.
Drink-driving.
Not speeding in built-up areas.
Having childhood vaccinations.
Security checks at airports.
Animal inoculations & having control of your pets
Showing your season-ticket/match ticket at away games.

So many other things we are compelled to do in our lives, really doesn't bother me!
That's fair enough 64. Other people for whatever reason don't want to be sticking 1, 2, possibly 3 jabs in their arm every year.
hector

Post by hector »

Leeds1000 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:46 am Christmas cancelled in Gibralter the most vaccinated country in the world?

We could always blame Tom Lees :)
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

whiteroseboy wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:23 am Yes I agree lots of countries with varying restrictions mainly based on the EU Green Pass but not many actual lockdowns like we are talking about. Some countries are only using the restrictions for large events. Non of the restrictions stop people mixing altogether.

I got my 90% figure from a report in the British medical journal.
Locally information I'm given from former work colleagues it is certainly the case in York hospital and believe most Yorkshire hospitals with ICU units.

I agree in freedom of choice as long as its not detrimental to others.
We'll agree to disagree on principles.
They stop unvaccinated people mixing together. We know from large events just in the UK alone that Covid has spread amongst the vaccinated at the large events.

Fair enough. I had read a similar article in the Sunday Mirror and the reporting has been so biased its not worth paying attention to most of it.

Or themselves. We can agree on that one.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

hector wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:56 am We could always blame Tom Lees :)
Shot in the arm? I'm in. :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Leeds1000 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:49 am That's fair enough 64. Other people for whatever reason don't want to be sticking 1, 2, possibly 3 jabs in their arm every year.
But then some of the same people will:

Drink themselves silly.
Smoke like a trooper.
Drugs.
Have a bad diet.
Promiscuous lifestyle.

All above a lot worse than scientific vaccinations.

If it wasn't for the vaccinations, we'd be looking at a death rate in the UK of a million by now, maybe more.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Leeds1000 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:46 am Christmas cancelled in Gibralter the most vaccinated country in the world?

Screenshot 2021-11-20 11.15.56.png