Album of 1984 (Round 3) - RESULT
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155152
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Album of all-time - RESULT
Congratulations Cat nominating the winning album London Calling in what was a two horse race in the end.
Unlucky BB as Zepp II pushed the Clash album all the way.
Thank you to everyone who participated in the polls in a competition that ran for nearly two years!
It doesn't end there as we'll do it all over again beginning with ALBUM OF 1969, II
If I recall, 1965 was a lean year for nominations, so we'll start with a strong one, the final year of the 60's
We shall cover '65, '66, '67 & '68 in the future.
One rule to consider :
No album to be nominated which featured in the Album of the Year (I) polls
Unlucky BB as Zepp II pushed the Clash album all the way.
Thank you to everyone who participated in the polls in a competition that ran for nearly two years!
It doesn't end there as we'll do it all over again beginning with ALBUM OF 1969, II
If I recall, 1965 was a lean year for nominations, so we'll start with a strong one, the final year of the 60's
We shall cover '65, '66, '67 & '68 in the future.
One rule to consider :
No album to be nominated which featured in the Album of the Year (I) polls
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155152
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Album of 1969 (II)
None of these albums to be nominated#
Art Ensemble Of Chicago 'People In Sorrow'
Beatles 'Abbey Road'
Rolling Stones 'Let It Bleed'
Creedence Clearwater Revival ‘Green River’
David Bowie 'Space Oddity
Deep Purple 'Deep Purple'
Fairport Convention 'Liege and Lief'
Fleetwood Mac 'Then Play On'
Frank Zappa 'Hot Rats'
Gabor Szabo "1969'
Johnny Cash 'San Quinten'
King Crimson 'In The Court Of The Crimson King'
Led Zeppelin 'Led Zeppelin I'
Led Zeppelin II
MC5 'Kick Out The Jams
Miles Davis 'In A Silent Way'
Nick Drake - Five Leaves Left
Who 'Tommy'
Velvet Underground 'Velvet Underground'
Album of 1969 (II)
NOMINATE NOW
Art Ensemble Of Chicago 'People In Sorrow'
Beatles 'Abbey Road'
Rolling Stones 'Let It Bleed'
Creedence Clearwater Revival ‘Green River’
David Bowie 'Space Oddity
Deep Purple 'Deep Purple'
Fairport Convention 'Liege and Lief'
Fleetwood Mac 'Then Play On'
Frank Zappa 'Hot Rats'
Gabor Szabo "1969'
Johnny Cash 'San Quinten'
King Crimson 'In The Court Of The Crimson King'
Led Zeppelin 'Led Zeppelin I'
Led Zeppelin II
MC5 'Kick Out The Jams
Miles Davis 'In A Silent Way'
Nick Drake - Five Leaves Left
Who 'Tommy'
Velvet Underground 'Velvet Underground'
Album of 1969 (II)
NOMINATE NOW
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 78993
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Album of 1969 (II) - NOMINATE NOW!
Spirit 'Clear'
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- Durly
- First Team

- Posts: 2339
- Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:11 pm
Re: Album of 1969 (II) - NOMINATE NOW!
So, London Calling is officially the greatest album ever made..........I'd always suspected it might be........

- White Riot
- Superstar

- Posts: 22381
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
- Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Re: Album of 1969 (II) - NOMINATE NOW!
James Brown - Say It Loud I'm Black And I'm Proud
- Finnatic
- Superstar

- Posts: 6704
- Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:47 pm
Re: Album of 1969 (II) - NOMINATE NOW!
Captain Beefheart - Trout Mask Replica.
It’s mental
It’s mental
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155152
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Album of 1969 (II)
None of these albums to be nominated
Art Ensemble Of Chicago 'People In Sorrow'
Beatles 'Abbey Road'
Rolling Stones 'Let It Bleed'
Creedence Clearwater Revival ‘Green River’
David Bowie 'Space Oddity
Deep Purple 'Deep Purple'
Fairport Convention 'Liege and Lief'
Fleetwood Mac 'Then Play On'
Frank Zappa 'Hot Rats'
Gabor Szabo "1969'
Johnny Cash 'San Quinten'
King Crimson 'In The Court Of The Crimson King'
Led Zeppelin 'Led Zeppelin I'
Led Zeppelin II
MC5 'Kick Out The Jams
Miles Davis 'In A Silent Way'
Nick Drake - Five Leaves Left
Who 'Tommy'
Velvet Underground 'Velvet Underground'
Album of 1969 (II)
NOMINATE NOW
Captain Beefheart 'Trout Mask Replica' Finn
James Brown 'Say It Loud I'm Black And I'm Proud' White Riot
Spirit 'Clear' Faaip
Art Ensemble Of Chicago 'People In Sorrow'
Beatles 'Abbey Road'
Rolling Stones 'Let It Bleed'
Creedence Clearwater Revival ‘Green River’
David Bowie 'Space Oddity
Deep Purple 'Deep Purple'
Fairport Convention 'Liege and Lief'
Fleetwood Mac 'Then Play On'
Frank Zappa 'Hot Rats'
Gabor Szabo "1969'
Johnny Cash 'San Quinten'
King Crimson 'In The Court Of The Crimson King'
Led Zeppelin 'Led Zeppelin I'
Led Zeppelin II
MC5 'Kick Out The Jams
Miles Davis 'In A Silent Way'
Nick Drake - Five Leaves Left
Who 'Tommy'
Velvet Underground 'Velvet Underground'
Album of 1969 (II)
NOMINATE NOW
Captain Beefheart 'Trout Mask Replica' Finn
James Brown 'Say It Loud I'm Black And I'm Proud' White Riot
Spirit 'Clear' Faaip
- hector
- Moderator

- Posts: 14626
- Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
- Location: In a wood
Re: Album of 1969 (II) - NOMINATE NOW!
Not able to play this because Mrs H is not well..... so I don't have time
but only have 2 allowable LP's for this round
Ummagumma, and soundtrack from the film More... both Pink Floyd
but only have 2 allowable LP's for this round
Ummagumma, and soundtrack from the film More... both Pink Floyd
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155152
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Album of 1969 (II) - NOMINATE NOW!
London Calling was a strong favourite to win the contest
As for the 2nd placed album Zepp II I believe the album lives off the song 'Whole Lotta Love', I personally much prefer Zepp III & 1.
Never Mind The Bollocks, Here's The Sex Pistols, Sgt. Peppers, Wish You Were Here, Revolver, Dark Side Of The Moon & Surfer Rosa were always going to receive plenty of votes to gain a top ten place.
Good to see Pet Sounds & Whats Going On pick-up late votes to achieve a respectable position in the final table.
OK Computor finished 19th, the highest placed album released after the 80's
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155152
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Album of 1969 (II) - NOMINATE NOW!
That's a shame Hector, was hoping your Mrs health had improved.
Do you want me to include your nomination even though you are unable to vote?
- Haighy
- First Team

- Posts: 2077
- Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:05 am
Re: Album of 1969 (II) - NOMINATE NOW!
The Kinks. Arthur
-
Azkal
- Superstar

- Posts: 5475
- Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:15 am
Re: Album of 1969 (II) - NOMINATE NOW!
Ten Years After 'Ssssh'
Last edited by Azkal on Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 78993
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Album of 1969 (II) - NOMINATE NOW!
It's magnificent ...
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
-
SG90
- Superstar

- Posts: 23125
- Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm
Re: Album of 1969 (II) - NOMINATE NOW!
The Stooges - The Stooges
-
Mountain
- First Team

- Posts: 2285
- Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:20 am
Re: Album of 1969 (II) - NOMINATE NOW!
Will abstain because tbh I don't know any 1969 album apart from those nominated first time round or in the recent nominations.
- billie1
- First Team

- Posts: 1299
- Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:13 pm
- Location: Gloucestershire
Re: Album of 1969 (II) - NOMINATE NOW!
Hi ‘64 , I’ve decided not to participate in album of the year second time around . I’ve very much enjoyed the thread over the last two years but I’ll bow out now I think . I do hope that it proves to be as popular again and that you attract new interest from other posters ! Enjoy and good luck .
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155152
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Album of 1969 (II) - NOMINATE NOW!
Now that does disappoint me, Billiebillie1 wrote: ↑Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:25 am Hi ‘64 , I’ve decided not to participate in album of the year second time around . I’ve very much enjoyed the thread over the last two years but I’ll bow out now I think . I do hope that it proves to be as popular again and that you attract new interest from other posters ! Enjoy and good luck .
Thank you for letting me know.
Best wishes
- Gandalf
- Superstar

- Posts: 11608
- Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:51 am
Re: Album of 1969 (II) - NOMINATE NOW!
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
- Gandalf
- Superstar

- Posts: 11608
- Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:51 am
Re: Album of 1969 (II) - NOMINATE NOW!
Not sure that this is going to work second time around tbh, and I will certainly be skipping 1990 onwards when I didn't purchase many albums. Even for 1969 I found myself looking at the top 100, and was struggling to find a really standout album, that hadn't been previously nominated. Anyway ....
Jefferson Airplane - Volunteers.
Jefferson Airplane - Volunteers.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
- Johnboy1965
- Subs Bench

- Posts: 812
- Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:53 am
Re: Album of 1969 (II) - NOMINATE NOW!
Leonard Cohen- Songs from a Room