Joe Gelhardt

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Joe Gelhardt

Post by Cjay »

Phil Hay on Joffy

privately I think he'll be hoping for more minutes than he's getting but he knows how it works and he'll also be bright enough to realise that Bamford returning will reduce his chances further. I'd like to see him play more.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

Gelhardt is now falling between two stools. He’s not getting any first team game time and it’s clear that Bielsa will not use him for the foreseeable future. We were hopeless in front of goal against Palace, we never once threatened their keeper and yet he wasn’t chosen to come on. We had no hope of scoring only for some mad defending. It is really hard to understand to be honest.

Unfortunately, while he warms the bench for the first team, he’s missing game time with the U23’s - who could really do with him. This won’t help his fitness, his confidence or his scoring rhythm. It seems such a shame not to give such a considerable young talent a real chance. It’s not as if we are spoilt for goal scorers!🙄
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

I'm past trying to understand and probably Joe is as well. He needs games and isn't getting them so time for him to have a think about his future and if its somewhere else then I wouldn't blame him tbh.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

We're fine, we have our one goal in 49 appearances striker leading the line.....
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Chilli D wrote:We're fine, we have our one goal in 49 appearances striker leading the line.....
ImageImageImageImage luv it !

mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

BGwhite wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:16 am ImageImageImageImage luv it !

Makes very poor reading like, what other club would keep as much faith in him, the mind really boggles at times, ah well, it's not like we're struggling for goals is it ?
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

The worry for me is that we might lose an undoubted talent if he doesn’t get game time. When Bamford returns he’ll struggle to even get on the bench.
He must watch our ineptitude in front of goal and wonder what he has to do to get on the pitch.
One of THE most puzzling things under MB’s tenure.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

With Bamford returning potentially on Sunday i do wonder what will happen to Joe Gelhardt.

I do find MB's treatment of him really weird recently.

So started him vs Spurs, Joe did well, linked play, caused a nuisance, did well.

Next game though Bielsa dropped him.

Not only did he drop him but with the team needing a goal he brought on Tyler Roberts the player who it seemed Joffy had overtaken in the pecking order by starting him vs Spurs.

He then started Roberts vs Crystal Palace and again with the minutes ticking away and 1 sub left and us needing the win Bielsa did nothing, no Joffy sub (and as luck would have it we didnt need it) but MB wasnt to know that

So despite us needing a goal he ignored Joe again for a second match running.

I just dont get the logic.

You start him then drop him for 2 games and not only drop him but actively ignore him even when we need a goal.

To me if i am Gelhardt i am thinking "crap, i didnt do well vs Spurs so ive been dropped"

That would be a very logical thought process?

Hopefully he has spoken to Joe but from the outside its really poor treatment imo.

You give a young player his first league start under you then drop him and play another player instead of him even when a goal is needed in both games.

With Bamford returning he will never play now will he?

It just confuses me
Signed

King Cjay

BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Brought on as sub against wolves and caused chaos for them and got the penalty which got us a point and very nearly scored the winner !

mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Not only got dropped, but got dropped for someone who hasn't scored in 40 odd premier league appearances, yep, the mind boggles alright.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

The kids got it in abundance.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Poachers goal from Joffy.

Very pleased for him.

Yaay
Signed

King Cjay

CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Cjay wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:32 pm Poachers goal from Joffy.

Very pleased for him.

Yaay
I suspect already just about the best striker at the club. A natural, whereas Paddy is more of a manufactured striker. Rodrigo doesn't figure - a waste of money courtesy of Victor...
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:32 pm Poachers goal from Joffy.

Very pleased for him.

Yaay
Good for him to get the goal and give him even more belief that he belings at this level. I think he will be used as an impact sub a lot, which I feel is best for him for the moment. Good to have a gamechanging option on the bench.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:01 pm Good for him to get the goal and give him even more belief that he belings at this level. I think he will be used as an impact sub a lot, which I feel is best for him for the moment. Good to have a gamechanging option on the bench.
Agreed
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Won us a point v Wolves.

Played extremely well v Spurs.

Almost won us a point today

Should have been given more opportunities this season, he's a natural
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

Knowing us he'll probably get loaned out this january
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Scoobychief wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:59 pm Knowing us he'll probably get loaned out this january
No he won't
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:01 pm Good for him to get the goal and give him even more belief that he belings at this level. I think he will be used as an impact sub a lot, which I feel is best for him for the moment. Good to have a gamechanging option on the bench.
I am sure you are right,.cant see him getting a start atm.

I would start him vs City however.

Think their is no substitute for confidence and fearlessness and we will need that vs City.

It would give the fans a lift to.
Signed

King Cjay