The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 2nd December) - Leeds have scored 11 goals fewer compared to this point last season

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
rab_rant

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 2nd December) - Leeds have scored 11 goals fewer compared to this point last se

Post by rab_rant »

Gandalf wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:10 pm I see that the relief of the win on Tuesday has worn off, and we're back to moaning again.

there is an irresistible itch to pick at a scab isn't there... gives a certain amount of pleasure until it gets infected.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 2nd December) - Leeds have scored 11 goals fewer compared to this point last se

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:10 pm I see that the relief of the win on Tuesday has worn off, and we're back to moaning again.
If it wasn't for the constructive criticism & the moaning, we'd have a very quiet forum.

I've witnessed how dead it is on here when Leeds are not playing, so I welcome people's opinions.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rab_rant wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:39 pm there is an irresistible itch to pick at a scab isn't there... gives a certain amount of pleasure until it gets infected.
Why knock passionate Leeds fans?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

It's inevitable
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:39 pm Why knock passionate Leeds fans?
Why knock passionate Leeds players ? Why knock an incredibly passionate Leeds coach?

We've scored less, we've conceded less. Swings and roundabouts not adding up to much. We'll be mid table come May.
Last edited by The Subhuman on Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Fans can say we're a one player team but so are Liverpool.. Take Salah out and they're weakened badly. But we're not a one player team. We need Kalvin and Llorente, if we lost Meslier I bet the fans would be panicking. That's a 4 player team without any thought. Dallas is key player. So we're now a 5 player team, I keep reading we're not the same without Paddy...6 player team (I have trouble with the last one myself but hey ho)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:56 pm Why knock passionate Leeds players ? Why knock an incredibly passionate Leeds coach?

We've scored less, we've conceded less. Swings and roundabouts not adding up to much. We'll be mid table come May.
I'm not knocking LUFC, however fans are allowed to have an opinion, that's what football forums are all about mate.

I'd rather have a lively forum than fans saying nowt.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:04 pm Fans can say we're a one player team but so are Liverpool.. Take Salah out and they're weakened badly. But we're not a one player team. We need Kalvin and Llorente, if we lost Meslier I bet the fans would be panicking. That's a 4 player team without any thought. Dallas is key player. So we're now a 5 player team, I keep reading we're not the same without Paddy...6 player team (I have trouble with the last one myself but hey ho)
We're definitely not a one player team by any means, although I would be concerned going into games without the creative skills/goals Raphinha provides.

Liverpool has a front four that score goals galore & a midfield that chips in with a few, we have nothing like right now, maybe in time once we consolidate in the PL.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

1964white wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:13 pm I'm not knocking LUFC, however fans are allowed to have an opinion, that's what football forums are all about mate.

I'd rather have a lively forum than fans saying nowt.
They are just regurgitating the same old over and over again. Even Samu Saiz has made a reappearance again today ffs. We know how Bielsa works, and we know that he is not going to change his philosophy to any great extent. Can't we just enjoy what he has given us over the last three seasons.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

1964white wrote: Why knock passionate Leeds fans?
Because in the name of free speech I can.

I see myself as a King Canute figure fighting against the on rushing tide... no that is not quite right... more of a Gandalf on the bridge of Kahzad Dûm telling the Balrog it shall not pass. My fight is against brutish Orcism.

The Spartan army though small in number needed Leonidas at Thermopýles, that is more the metaphor I am looking for... an underdog fighting against the odds. Or if your are not classically minded and those literary references evade you then from popular culture, Rocky Bilboa against Captain America.

I endeavour to be your typical archetype

My position is to be contrarian, opposing or rejecting popular opinion or current practice.

Is that clear? and besides as you say it would bore you if there were no opposing views... yes I think that sums it up perfectly... to hear the continual reiteration of the same old clichés is like listening to a broken record... and can be summed up in one word... BORING.

Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:31 pm They are just regurgitating the same old over and over again. Even Samu Saiz has made a reappearance again today ffs. We know how Bielsa works, and we know that he is not going to change his philosophy to any great extent. Can't we just enjoy what he has given us over the last three seasons.
I've thoroughly enjoyed the last three seasons, the manic scenes in the kop on Tuesday night is what football is all about. Tbh Bielsa has changed his philosophy to a degree playing two DM's which I fully applaud, yes we are playing more cautiously, however if we acquire results that will do for me :-D

I was never Saiz's biggest fan!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rab_rant wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:36 pm Because in the name of free speech I can.

I see myself as a King Canute figure fighting against the on rushing tide... no that is not quite right... more of a Gandalf on the bridge of Kahzad Dûm telling the Balrog it shall not pass. My fight is against brutish Orcism.

The Spartan army though small in number needed Leonidas at Thermopýles, that is more the metaphor I am looking for... an underdog fighting against the odds. Or if your are not classically minded and those literary references evade you then from popular culture, Rocky Bilboa against Captain America.

My position is to be contrarian, opposing or rejecting popular opinion or current practice.

Is that clear? and besides as you say it would bore you if there were no opposing views... yes I think that sums it up perfectly... to hear the continual reiteration of the same old clichés is like listening to a broken record... and can be summed up in one word... BORING.

:tup: :tup:
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

A lively forum is great, but I personally feel there is a persistent theme developing of moaning about the same old topics.

That said, it is a forum for free speech and so each to their own. Everyone always welcome to chime in with their thoughts, though talk of Saiz, or Orta's recruitment failures, bashing players (and now Bielsa himself) on a constant merry-go-round grates at me. Of course there's things I would like to see a bit different, like Joffy getting more minutes, but I'd be doing what MB does if I were any good at it.

I do enjoy the threads like ratings, various analysis or statistics more and more compared to these which promote what seems to be mechanisms to have a bash.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

PRESS RELEASE – ‘LEEDS UNITED WE’LL SUPPORT YOU EVERMORE – WE’VE ONLY GOT ONE SONG’ – TERRACE SONGS & CHANTS from Heidi Haigh

http://www.followmeandleedsunited.co.uk ... ngs-chants

"After four years of sheer determination and resilience the LUFC Fans Songs Recording Group including Heidi Haigh, Gary Edwards, Mick Hewitt (South Kirkby) and Tony Winstanley are proud to announce the launch of our CDs Sales on Sunday 5th December 2021.

History has been made with the unique songs recording of over 200 songs and chants sung on the Leeds United terraces from the 1960s Scratching Shed days to the Kop/Gelderd End/SS5 in 2017.

The limited edition of 3 CDs are available for a minimum donation of £10. The songs words can also be bought for a minimum donation of £2, which would be emailed to you directly for you to print at home. After costs have been repaid, 100% of the balance goes to the Leeds United Academy/Foundation.

Don't hesitate to get your copy before they are all gone as it is a perfect Christmas Present for Leeds supporters of all ages. As they are authentic, please note they contain swearing.

Sales of the CDs will be via Heidi who can be found in the Peacock backroom prior to the Brentford game on Sunday between 11.30 and 1pm and at any home or away game.

Postal sales would have an additional cost of packaging and postage on top of the minimum donation and would be through Mick Hewitt who can be contacted via his email:hewittprog@aol.com

Enjoy being taken back in time."

Ralph Ineson CD photo.jpg
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Gandalf wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:31 pm They are just regurgitating the same old over and over again. Even Samu Saiz has made a reappearance again today ffs. We know how Bielsa works, and we know that he is not going to change his philosophy to any great extent. Can't we just enjoy what he has given us over the last three seasons.
That it exactly. It isn't a forum with lively debate it is simply groundhog day. Bielsa round pegs, Bielsa not playing youth. The win brouught 1 day of respite and then it was back to the same points. 3 1/2 years of Bielsa playing round pegs, only blooding youth when he feels they deserve it and yet it is brought up every day. 3 1/2 years I have had of falling back in love with our great club, 3 1/2 years of watching players giving their all, many ups, a few downs and some unbelievable football being played by round pegs and players old enough to vote.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

rab_rant wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:36 pm Because in the name of free speech I can.

:tup: :tup:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

What topics have not been covered that are a) relevant and b) current?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Don't think we've done Emma's tits here
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Maybe not current now though, think she's moved on