The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 8th December) Hay responds to Radrizzani backlash

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Breakfast Debate The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 8th December) Hay responds to Radrizzani backlash

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Wednesday 8th December, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Hay responds to Radrizzani backlash

Phil Hay has defended his position in the latest war of words between the former Chief Football Writer of the YEP and Leeds owner Andrea Radrizzani. The Italian ultrapreneur was furious that Messrs Slater and Hay leaked, and (apparently) misrepresented the finer details of the proposed takeover; and took to social media to try to belittle the duo. In response Hay has retorted...

The details are public (and he disagrees with the interpretation of where this is going). Very much stand by what we’ve written though, today and yesterday.

Bamford hamstring injury following goal celebration

Reports from Elland Road suggest Patrick Bamford's latest injury was self-inflicted following his goal celebration in the dying seconds of the Brentford game last Sunday. Although not considered to be serious, the Leeds marksman is set to be out for a game or two. He was seen clutching his thigh following his trademark knee skid in front of the Elland Road faithful.

Phillips out until February

Kalvin Phillips faces a two-month lay-off following the hamstring injury he sustained at the weekend. The England midfielder hobbled off after 55 minutes, much to the dismay of Bielsa, and 36,000 screaming Leeds fans. The Whites have only won twice (out of 12 games) without the England midfielder in the starting line up since their return to the top flight. Their plight is not made any easier with their festive fixture list featuring Chelsea, Livrpool, Citeh and Arsenal. Liam Cooper will also space a spell on the sidelines following jarring his knee after just 14 mins, against the Bees!

Takeover is off if Whites get relegated

The financial impact of relegation would more or less destroy any hopes of a takeover, according to Phil Hay. He went on to explain that the sustainability of Championship football is fragile at best (as Leeds fans know all too well), and clubs have to spend beyond their means just to compete...

This takeover isn’t going to happen as quickly as next month (unless something changes drastically) so any signings done in January would have to be done/funded within the existing 56-44 share split. As for the Championship, that would change the club’s valuation, without a doubt. Leeds wouldn’t be worth £475m at that level. But all bets are off if a club gets relegated from the EPL. The ramifications can be huge.

The Championship becoming a loss making league (in which very few owners can actually sustain losses for long) is a huge problem and arguably the biggest issue in the structure of the pyramid. You’re almost forced to gamble and overspend to compete, otherwise you’re an also ran. That needs to change - but it won’t.

rondownunder
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 8th December) Hay responds to Radrizzani backlash

Post by rondownunder »

Is this the most depressing breakfast we have ever been served in the new era? FFS. We should be taking to Bamford's conditioner with an Uzi.
rab_rant

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 8th December) Hay responds to Radrizzani backlash

Post by rab_rant »

Which boat are you in

The same boat by Julie Sheldon

We’re all in the same boat’ they say
But I would disagree
So many different sailing crafts
Upon this stormy sea

Some sail on ocean liners
In comfort, style and ease
Relaxing on their balconies
….Sipping their G & Ts

Some speed along in motor boats
As if it’s all ok ….
With little care for smaller crafts
Which may get in their way

Some struggle on their battleships
Where nothing’s going right
Endlessly preparing ….
For the next relentless fight

Some huddle in their lifeboats
And pray that they’ll be saved
Hoping for a calmer sea …
And fearing every wave

Some drift around upon their rafts …
They barely stay afloat
They’re praying for a change of luck …
And chance to board a boat

Some haven’t found their sea legs yet …
And dread each wave and swell
They’re struggling to stay upright
And don’t feel very well

So whilst you’re on your journey
To a safe and calmer port
Look out for fellow sailors
Who may need some support

Could you throw them a life belt?
Or a paddle or an oar?
Perhaps you could help guide them
A bit nearer to the shore
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

When i was reading that poem I was thinking of the luxury liners and battlesip that cruise around at the top of the league... and what kind of boat Leeds are.

I also thought of all the people who contibute to the threads on MOT and how many of them are clinging to life rafts.

The safe shore for me is to survive this season.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

rab_rant wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:36 am

The safe shore for me is to survive this season.
That for me is the be all and end all this season.
Relegation would be a disaster.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

How many points can you see?

Saturday 11/12 Chelsea A
Tuesday 14/12 Man City A
Saturday 18/12 Arsenal H
Boxing Day Liverpool A
Tuesday 28/12 Aston Villa H
Sunday 2/1 Burnley H
Saturday 8/1 West Ham A (FA Cup)
Sunday 16/1 West Ham A
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

rondownunder wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:15 am Is this the most depressing breakfast we have ever been served in the new era? FFS. We should be taking to Bamford's conditioner with an Uzi.
The injuries have occurred at the wrong time for us. The difference will be whether Forshaw can fill in for Phillips, and if I'm honest we wouldn't lose our balance with that switch. Klich must re-find his form, and quickly, or drop him in favour of Bate.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Chilli D wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:10 am That for me is the be all and end all this season.
Relegation would be a disaster.
I'll think more seriously after 23rd Jan 2022, that will more than show us where we are imho.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Saturday 11/12 Chelsea A - 0 points
Tuesday 14/12 Man City A - 0 points
Saturday 18/12 Arsenal H - 1 point
Boxing Day Liverpool A - 0 points
Tuesday 28/12 Aston Villa H - 1 point
Sunday 2/1 Burnley H - 3 points
Sunday 16/1 West Ham A - 0 points

To be honest I had the same assessment before the injury news, it’s just the manner of the defeats that might change.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Whites have only won twice (out of 12 games) without the England midfielder in the starting line up since their return to the top flight.

Well, if that statistic continues in our final 23 games we are in serious trouble, relegation would be a real possibility.

Phillips could miss ten matches which would give us thirteen games to go on a recovery mission.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:21 am How many points can you see?

Saturday 11/12 Chelsea A
Tuesday 14/12 Man City A
Saturday 18/12 Arsenal H
Boxing Day Liverpool A
Tuesday 28/12 Aston Villa H
Sunday 2/1 Burnley H
Saturday 8/1 West Ham A (FA Cup)
Sunday 16/1 West Ham A
As Paul Daniels use to say.....not alot.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

WhiteRose wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:36 am Saturday 11/12 Chelsea A - 0 points
Tuesday 14/12 Man City A - 0 points
Saturday 18/12 Arsenal H - 1 point
Boxing Day Liverpool A - 0 points
Tuesday 28/12 Aston Villa H - 1 point
Sunday 2/1 Burnley H - 3 points
Sunday 16/1 West Ham A - 0 points

To be honest I had the same assessment before the injury news, it’s just the manner of the defeats that might change.
Will certainly inflict on our goal difference too, which ain't that clever right now.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

On paper tough times ahead.

Adversity can often be the best situation for established players to find form and youth to step up to the plate.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Never liked Hay as a journalist going back years.. no interest in his opinion. Right or wrong..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:44 am Will certainly inflict on our goal difference too, which ain't that clever right now.
With Klich playing badly, would you give Bate a chance, or drop Rodrigo into Midfield in the hope Gelhardt gets a look in?
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

relegationodds.jpg
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:56 am With Klich playing badly, would you give Bate a chance, or drop Rodrigo into Midfield in the hope Gelhardt gets a look in?
No Matt as I don't think Bate is ready yet. Lewis is a clever, tidy little player, however he has a tendency to concede the ball in the middle of the park, he wouldn't get away with holding onto the ball too long in the Premier League.

Don't get me wrong I rate Bate, he just needs a bit more time, imo!
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:01 am No Matt as I don't think Bate is ready yet. Lewis is a clever, tidy little player, however he has a tendency to concede the ball in the middle of the park, he wouldn't get away with holding onto the ball too long in the Premier League.

Don't get me wrong I rate Bate, he just needs a bit more time, imo!
I'd gladly hand James Milner an 18 months contract right now, even at 35.
hector

Post by hector »

he does rate Bate mate.....

:mrgreen:
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by billysboots »

We cant write them all off, we’ll have to find a way of competing over Christmas.
There Is Only One United.