West Ham Utd 2-3 Leeds Utd Match Thread - Harrison hattrick!

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Post Reply
West Ham United v Leeds United
West Ham United
West Ham United
2–3
Premier League
16/01/2022
London Stadium
Leeds United
Leeds United
All-time record vs West Ham United
114
Played
50
Won
31
Drawn
33
Lost
+21
GD
44%
Win %
Away record
59
Played
15
Won
20
Drawn
24
Lost
-34
GD
25%
Win %
DateGroundScoreCompetition
09/01/2022 London Stadium 2–0 L FA Cup, 3rd Round ↗
25/09/2021 Elland Road 1–2 L Premier League ↗
08/03/2021 London Stadium 2–0 L Premier League ↗
11/12/2020 Elland Road 1–2 L Premier League ↗
17/03/2012 Elland Road 1–1 D Championship ↗
All-time top scorers vs West Ham United
#PlayerGoals
1 Russell Wainscoat 10
2 Peter Lorimer 8
3 Tom Jennings 8
4 Allan Clarke 7
5 Johnny Giles 5
Starting XI
Goa Meslier
Def Dallas
Def Ayling ©
Def Struijk
Def Firpo
Mid Forshaw
Def Koch
Mid Klich
Mid Harrison
Mid James
Substitutes
SUB Hjelde
SUB Bate
SUB Moreno
Unused Substitutes
-- Klaesson
-- McKinstry
-- Jenkins
-- Moore
-- Kenneh
-- Gray
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14657
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: West Ham Utd v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by hector »

Cjay wrote: ↑Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:28 pm Rodrigo and Struijk have been spotted at the airport with the squad.

Patrick Bamford is not there.
Airport??

What is wrong with coach down to London??

they are bloody spoiled this new breed of footballer.....

I bet '64 can even remember the days when they had to get the train down.........

:) :)
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
Nord VPN
Stream games in safety! Get NordVPN with up to 75% off + 3 months free
Get NordVPN →
User avatar
velo
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4179
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:06 pm

Re: West Ham Utd v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by velo »

hector wrote: ↑Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:33 pm Airport??



I bet '64 can even remember the days when they had to get the train down.........

:) :)
More like pony and trap
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41754
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: West Ham Utd v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Cjay »

hector wrote: ↑Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:33 pm Airport??

What is wrong with coach down to London??

they are bloody spoiled this new breed of footballer.....

I bet '64 can even remember the days when they had to get the train down.........

:) :)
Can probably remember when they had to use a horse and cart :)

Edit . . Velo beat me to it :shhh:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3891
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:57 am

Re: West Ham Utd v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Hitchhiking became the norm when the money ran out under Risdale apparently.
User avatar
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2390
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:14 pm
Location: God’s own county (north)

Re: West Ham Utd v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Byebyegeegee »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: ↑Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:48 pm Hitchhiking became the norm when the money ran out under Risdale apparently.
Hitchhiking, now that’s something you very rarely see anymore. I used to hitchhike all over the country (and, a lot less successfully, abroad) once upon a time. I wonder why it has gone so out of fashion.
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14657
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: West Ham Utd v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by hector »

Too many idiots and maniacs out there, people are too suspicious of both the hiker and the car driver....

Paranoia rules....
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2390
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:14 pm
Location: God’s own county (north)

Re: West Ham Utd v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Byebyegeegee »

hector wrote: ↑Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:08 pm Too many idiots and maniacs out there, people are too suspicious of both the hiker and the car driver....

Paranoia rules....
Yep, that would be it Hector.
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3891
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:57 am

Re: West Ham Utd v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Byebyegeegee wrote: ↑Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:54 pm Hitchhiking, now that’s something you very rarely see anymore. I used to hitchhike all over the country (and, a lot less successfully, abroad) once upon a time. I wonder why it has gone so out of fashion.
When I was a student there was an organised hitchhike to Paris with maybe 100 plus people involved. All the guys were partnered up with a female student for safety reasons...though back then hitchhiking was still considered to be relatively safe.

When I was doing business in France in the French Alps a few years ago, if I was on foot I was given lifts a number of times by strangers who just wanted to be helpful - it happened loads of times after I asked strangers for directions. It's much more the norm out there away when you are away from the cities. Sometimes I would offer a 5 Euro note when being dropped off, but none of them would accept payment. Away from the cities the French are much less suspicious and paranoid of strangers than we are.
User avatar
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 15055
Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 1:34 pm
Twitter: @motforum
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: West Ham Utd v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Struijk and Rodrigo on the plane. No Bamford, his wife is in labour apparently.
DDB220
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7084
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:17 am

Re: West Ham Utd v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by DDB220 »

Tough gig today. I will be at this one - easy journey for me into Stratford on the DLR.

No real expectation of points - they are on a run of form and we are unpredictable at best.

It is rather frustrating that we are prevaricating on any window signings - if we are minded to make any. It is as if we are just going to see if the players returning from injury will make a difference before we commit.
User avatar
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2390
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:14 pm
Location: God’s own county (north)

Re: West Ham Utd v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Byebyegeegee »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: ↑Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:42 pm When I was a student there was an organised hitchhike to Paris with maybe 100 plus people involved. All the guys were partnered up with a female student for safety reasons...though back then hitchhiking was still considered to be relatively safe.

When I was doing business in France in the French Alps a few years ago, if I was on foot I was given lifts a number of times by strangers who just wanted to be helpful - it happened loads of times after I asked strangers for directions. It's much more the norm out there away when you are away from the cities. Sometimes I would offer a 5 Euro note when being dropped off, but none of them would accept payment. Away from the cities the French are much less suspicious and paranoid of strangers than we are.
Funnily enough back in about 1975 I’d got to Dover relatively easily but when I tried to get to Paris from Calais I never made it and had to give up in the end. The only lifts I managed to get were from old blokes trying to cadge a cigarette!
User avatar
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2390
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:14 pm
Location: God’s own county (north)

Re: West Ham Utd v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Like most people I’m not expecting a win but if we could just sneak one or even a draw it would very handy given other results this weekend. Come on Leeds!
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155406
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: West Ham Utd v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

DDB220 wrote: ↑Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:58 am Tough gig today. I will be at this one - easy journey for me into Stratford on the DLR.

No real expectation of points - they are on a run of form and we are unpredictable at best.

It is rather frustrating that we are prevaricating on any window signings - if we are minded to make any. It is as if we are just going to see if the players returning from injury will make a difference before we commit.
Enjoy DDB.

Was offered a ticket, but I have too much work on right now, working until 1pm today after yet another hectic week.
dester23
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:34 am

Re: West Ham Utd v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by dester23 »

0-1 for leeds MOT
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14657
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: West Ham Utd v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by hector »

Byebyegeegee wrote: ↑Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:42 am Funnily enough back in about 1975 I’d got to Dover relatively easily but when I tried to get to Paris from Calais I never made it and had to give up in the end. The only lifts I managed to get were from old blokes trying to cadge a cigarette!
My most successful hitchike was December 29th 1980.
I was in Doncaster for Xmas leave, and had to get to Glasgow for New years eve, my mate in Pollockshiels was putting me up.
Got to the A1m slip road by Balby, stuck out my thumb and got a lift all the way to the train station ...... In Glasgow... Result....
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
DDB220
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7084
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:17 am

Re: West Ham Utd v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by DDB220 »

As a young squaddie in the early 80’s me and a few mates spent a week hiking around the UK for a laugh. We were surprisingly very lucky in terms of lifts. Turned out to be a great week.
Very rarely spot anyone trying to hitch hike these days for the reasons mentioned and the roads are rammed these days which makes stopping very hazardous.
User avatar
velo
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4179
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:06 pm

Re: West Ham Utd v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by velo »

Screenshot_13.jpg
Screenshot_13.jpg (61.48 KiB) Viewed 2125 times
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
User avatar
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 13931
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm
Location: No Longer Lousiana - Southern Illinois

Re: West Ham Utd v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by John in Louisiana »

YorkshireSquare wrote: ↑Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:53 pm Struijk and Rodrigo on the plane. No Bamford, his wife is in labour apparently.
I’m surprised Bielsa doesn’t limit players’ sexual activity to the months of October and November so babies are born during the off season.
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3891
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:57 am

Re: West Ham Utd v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Byebyegeegee wrote: ↑Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:42 am Funnily enough back in about 1975 I’d got to Dover relatively easily but when I tried to get to Paris from Calais I never made it and had to give up in the end. The only lifts I managed to get were from old blokes trying to cadge a cigarette!
I think there was probably more chance if you had a female hitchhiker with you - less risky for the driver I guess. That's how I would tend to think anyway. Even more likely if the girl was attractive.

When I was 20 and did a Eurorail trip around Europe with some friends, we were stopped by the police in a country which I am struggling to remember ( I think it was France )

After checking our passports I seem to remember me getting into a conversation with one officer about English football and the merits of players such as Bryan Robson. I think he had noticed from my passport that I was born in Leeds, and Leeds were still famous enough abroad back then for that to have some kudos as well. Instantly it all changed and the officers suddenly became super friendly and chatty. They then gave us a lift to wherever it was we were trying to get to. It was a case of the universal language of football I guess.
Last edited by CHAPELALLMAN on Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155406
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: West Ham Utd v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Struijk starts, Rodrigo makes the bench

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2022-01-16 13.09.00.png
Nord VPN
Stream games in safety! Get NordVPN with up to 75% off + 3 months free
Get NordVPN →
Post Reply