Summer 2022 transfer speculation and squad discussion

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Re: January 2022 transfer speculation and squad discussion

Post by Clacton White »

whiteswan wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:31 am You can add Cresswell to that list. Someone fell on his shoulder during training at Thorpe Arch, out for who knows how long. You can also add Geldhert who was injured when someone fell on his ankle at Thorpe Arch.....
Why do they keep falling on each other ? Can't they just look where they are going 🤔
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Clacton White wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:02 am Why do they keep falling on each other ? Can't they just look where they are going 🤔
No Clacton, they've changed the murderball sessions to blindfold football training :lol:

Anyone who reckons our injury situation is down to pure bad luck must have forgotten the last four years, I think we lost around 150 games due to our injured players last season.

Phillips, Koch, Llorente, Costa, Forshaw, Cooper were missing for large parts of last season.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

If it's not pure luck then it's aliens taking Leeds players up to their spaceship and performing experiments or we have a witch putting curses on the players. Both explanations about as likely as the medical staff and trainers not knowing what they're doing
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

whiteswan wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:31 am You can add Cresswell to that list. Someone fell on his shoulder during training at Thorpe Arch, out for who knows how long. You can also add Geldhert who was injured when someone fell on his ankle at Thorpe Arch.....
Well spotted Whiteswan. :tup:
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

1964white wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:23 am No Clacton, they've changed the murderball sessions to blindfold football training :lol:

Anyone who reckons our injury situation is down to pure bad luck must have forgotten the last four years, I think we lost around 150 games due to our injured players last season.

Phillips, Koch, Llorente, Costa, Forshaw, Cooper were missing for large parts of last season.
Exactly 64.
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Mountain wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:38 pm You seem annoyed.

I run, 17 minute 5kms, 3 hour marathons, you may be fitter, you may not.

But you're not pitching your knowledge of fitness against me. You're pitching it against the medical staff and physios of Leeds United, and you're saying they're getting it wrong.
Just not overly keen on being classed as ; ' Tom on the internet who has put down his kebab and cigarette to complain about the fitness regime at Leeds '
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

faaip wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:00 am If it's not pure luck then it's aliens taking Leeds players up to their spaceship and performing experiments or we have a witch putting curses on the players. Both explanations about as likely as the medical staff and trainers not knowing what they're doing
Murderball etc has not been part of the fitness and training culture at the club in the past - it's very much part and parcel of MB's philosophy and approach to the game. He wants a team that is always fitter than the opposition and can run all game. Allied to this approach is his preference for having a tiny squad, and rotating the players in that squad as little as possible.

If the injuries are actually down to these factors then the irony of this is that involuntary rotation happens anyway because of the unusually high number of injuries. How many CB combinations have been used in the last 2 seasons for example ? It changes nearly every game...
Last edited by CHAPELALLMAN on Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Mountain wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:38 pm You seem annoyed.

I run, 17 minute 5kms, 3 hour marathons, you may be fitter, you may not.

But you're not pitching your knowledge of fitness against me. You're pitching it against the medical staff and physios of Leeds United, and you're saying they're getting it wrong.
For anyone who that doesn't mean much ......that's bloody good running , a very decent club standard .I was a serious runner up until around 6 years ago , injury after injury .....and age , put paid to competition for me . I did 17.24 for 5k at best , one 29 min 5 mile , 1.02 ten mile .....though I didn't venture as far as marathons , preferring to concentrate on X country in winter and trail racing . So I know that kind of running takes devotion and effort and time .You don't do those times by accident or luck .
Also , when you are running your best , you are also most prone to injury , you're pushing your body to its limits . I now satisfy myself with stressless 10 minute miles and don't compete , I avoid hills .......mind you easy in Essex 😁, we have slopes !
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Clacton White wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:31 pm For anyone who that doesn't mean much ......that's bloody good running , a very decent club standard...
...trail racing...
Yeah, that's where I'd see myself, decent club runner, nothing more. I took it up pretty late in life, in my mid 30s. I do 5kms and 5 milers on road, but prefer trail and mountain running really, will go for hours on the slopes, across muck and bog. No shortage of them here on the west coast of Ireland!
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Mountain wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:36 pm Yeah, that's where I'd see myself, decent club runner, nothing more. I took it up pretty late in life, in my mid 30s. I do 5kms and 5 milers on road, but prefer trail and mountain running really, will go for hours on the slopes, across muck and bog. No shortage of them here on the west coast of Ireland!
Whereabouts on the west are you? I lived in Co Donegal for 3 years in my childhood.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

weasel wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:02 pm Whereabouts on the west are you? I lived in Co Donegal for 3 years in my childhood.
About as far from Donegal as one can get on this island, way down in the SW in County Kerry! Mountains as far as the eye can see...
Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Post by Tyzy »

What i'd like to know is, why all the secrecy ? Orta should just say if we are looking to sign anyone or not,end of !
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Tyzy wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:26 pm What i'd like to know is, why all the secrecy ? Orta should just say if we are looking to sign anyone or not,end of !
Guessing it's not secrecy , he just hasn't got a clue.......quite literally .
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Mountain wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:21 pm About as far from Donegal as one can get on this island, way down in the SW in County Kerry! Mountains as far as the eye can see...
Ah I only really know Donegal, Derry, Dublin and Belfast. Didn't really make it any further down!
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Tyzy wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:26 pm What i'd like to know is, why all the secrecy ? Orta should just say if we are looking to sign anyone or not,end of !
I would have thought that in general it is better to keep it quiet so other clubs don't try to hijack deals and also it isn't professional to be seen as unsettling players at other clubs. Just look at how annoyed we are with the media linking clubs to KP and Raphinha all the time, how would we feel if Liverpool came out publicly and said we want to sign Raphnha and KP at the end of the season. Suddenly we would be looking at Raphinha differently, 'oh his head's turned,' if he has a bad game, 'Oh he doesn't want to risk injury' if he doesn't go in for a 50/50 etc
Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Post by Tyzy »

I was thinking more along the lines of " we are in the market for a midfielder/striker " no names mentioned or " we are going to limp on until the end of the season and hope for the best"

I think we all know it is the latter
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Clacton White wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:31 pm For anyone who that doesn't mean much ......that's bloody good running , a very decent club standard .I was a serious runner up until around 6 years ago , injury after injury .....and age , put paid to competition for me . I did 17.24 for 5k at best , one 29 min 5 mile , 1.02 ten mile .....though I didn't venture as far as marathons , preferring to concentrate on X country in winter and trail racing . So I know that kind of running takes devotion and effort and time .You don't do those times by accident or luck .
Also , when you are running your best , you are also most prone to injury , you're pushing your body to its limits . I now satisfy myself with stressless 10 minute miles and don't compete , I avoid hills .......mind you easy in Essex 😁, we have slopes !
I ran the London Marathon in 2005 and 2006 after basically 5 years of inactivity after retiring from football. I did 4hrs 32 the first year and 4hr 9 the second. I just wish I had carried on for a third year as I'm sure I could comfortably have gone sub 4 hours.
I was having too many injuries and torn my calf muscle twice so stopped. Plus family life was seriously reducing my ability to train at the time.
Cycling is my thing now. I'm a member of two clubs.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Chilli D wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:32 am I ran the London Marathon in 2005 and 2006 after basically 5 years of inactivity after retiring from football. I did 4hrs 32 the first year and 4hr 9 the second. I just wish I had carried on for a third year as I'm sure I could comfortably have gone sub 4 hours.
I was having too many injuries and torn my calf muscle twice so stopped. Plus family life was seriously reducing my ability to train at the time.
Just gone out and ordered a Boardman bike .I do still run but not competitively and don't stress about time ( good job , end up injured again) , it's just about doing it now and enjoying some scenery . I regularly walk 5-6 times a week and sometimes throw the running in during that ....it's my warm up , the walking .Probably do all combined an average of 40 miles a week .....walking av speed 16 min mile , running ....not much quicker ?....no , around 10 per mile but not really to much effort . Trouble is , and no one really wants to know , I tend to soil countryside while out these days .....always take bog roll😱
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Clacton White wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:39 pm Just gone out and ordered a Boardman bike .I do still run but not competitively and don't stress about time ( good job , end up injured again) , it's just about doing it now and enjoying some scenery . I regularly walk 5-6 times a week and sometimes throw the running in during that ....it's my warm up , the walking .Probably do all combined an average of 40 miles a week .....walking av speed 16 min mile , running ....not much quicker ?....no , around 10 per mile but not really to much effort . Trouble is , and no one really wants to know , I tend to soil countryside while out these days .....always take bog roll😱
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I often stop for a jimmy riddle on my walks :shhh:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:32 am I ran the London Marathon in 2005 and 2006 after basically 5 years of inactivity after retiring from football. I did 4hrs 32 the first year and 4hr 9 the second. I just wish I had carried on for a third year as I'm sure I could comfortably have gone sub 4 hours.
Well done on completing two London Marathons, Chilli :clap: