I've lost faith in Marcelo Bielsa and it makes me sad

Comment on MarchingOnTogether.co.uk news stories.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: I've lost faith in Marcelo Bielsa

Post by SG90 »

SaraM wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:13 pm Yes.

Do you honestly think we won't get four wins out of Leicester, Villa, Norwich, Wolves, Southampton, Watford, Palace, Brighton and Brentford?
Yes.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Re: I've lost faith in Marcelo Bielsa and it makes me sad

Post by Mountain »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:07 pm Ok - Bielsa is a genius and the best manager in the world. This season is a dream. They should double his salary for next season.

Does that suit you ?
The best manager point is arguable, granted he made the last 3 of the FIFA world manager award a year ago and was even better in the first 5 months of '21. Not sure where you're getting the dream season and double his salary stuff though.

As for tactics, you failed to say how many hours a day you put into video analysis of players. Roughly.
Last edited by Mountain on Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Also lets not forget the financial implications of sacking Bielsa ( last time a club sacked him he tried to sue them for £18million).

Next month the club very probably will owe another club £18million.

Paying Bielsa off would cost millions as well.

We probably cant afford to sack him anyway.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

4-0 in the 90th minute as well, looked rather respectable tbh against that liverpool side, then concede 2 in 3 minutes wtf !!!
As I said, no passion, no fight, no idea.
The board really ought to be having an emergency meeting right now, if they want to stay in the premier league they need to sort this mess out, even a win against spurs would only paper over the cavernous cracks.
A lot of those players tonight looked ready to jack it in.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:17 pm Also lets not forget the financial implications of sacking Bielsa ( last time a club sacked him he tried to sue them for £18million).

Next month the club very probably will owe another club £18million.

Paying Bielsa off would cost millions as well.

We probably cant afford to sack him anyway.
A huge mess. :(
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

SaraM wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:13 pm Yes.

Do you honestly think we won't get four wins out of Leicester, Villa, Norwich, Wolves, Southampton, Watford, Palace, Brighton and Brentford?
Sara, I simply cannot see where the next win is coming from, honestly, we should be good enough to have beaten newcatle, villa and everton recently, we struggled earlier against brentford and watford, so why should we get above our station and think we can beat any of the 9 games above ??
KP might help shore things up, but he alone can't stop the constant defensive mistakes and lack of marking, PB will NOT score many anyway.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Cjay wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:17 pm Also lets not forget the financial implications of sacking Bielsa ( last time a club sacked him he tried to sue them for £18million).
Are you saying he is entitled to bring his claim?

Why not?

And are you saying his contract with Leeds is the exact same as his contract with Lille?
Bongo1874
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Bongo1874 »

Overman wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:57 pm Bottom line, he's taking us down.
pm me :tup:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Mountain wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:24 pm Are you saying he is entitled to bring his claim?

Why not?

And are you saying his contract with Leeds is the exact same as his contract with Lille?
I bet it isnt a whole lot different, he is meticulous in everything, i bet his contracts are the same.

It would be expensive to sack him generally and i dont doubt for one minute if there was a single element of his contract he felt hadnt been fulfilled he would take us to court.

Its surely something the club must consider?

If they ever felt the time was right then they have to consider the financial implications especially if as expected we lose the JKA case next month.
Signed

King Cjay

Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Cjay wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:29 pm I bet it isnt a whole lot different.

It would be expensive to sack him generally and i dont doubt for one minute if there was a single element of his contract he felt hadnt been fulfilled he would take us to court.

Its surely something the club must consider?
If you're trying to say he is greedy and litigious, why do you think he didn't look for a, say, 4 or 5 year deal when he brought us up? Surely the yearly deals leave him far weaker?

I don't think the whole innuendo that he is greedy is fair. Again, it's always notable that these things are only raised in difficult times. I think it's far more likely that he feels he was wronged by his former boss and on principal he doesn't accept that.
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

Mountain wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:03 pm :lol:

You criticise Bielsa daily and say I react negatively!

Keys is a contemptible moron. It seems to be the one thing all analysts agree on, from Richardson to Glendenning to even the comedians on Quickly Kevin. They openly laugh at him.

As for tactics, please. That whole fans swapping their inane and inexpert thoughts on the merits of 343 v 532 bores me. How long do you spend each day "thinking about it" and how many hours of video do you watch on each player before these tactical analyses?
Basic fact is that none of us claim to be tactical geniuses but having played and managed at a much lower level even I could recognise how to play against the strong or the weaker teams in our league and we would adapt accordingly......the word ADAPT does not exist in Bielsas mind.....after over 50 years supporting Leeds I am in despair of the man who only recently brought us great joy.....just a fact and from the heart.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Mountain wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:33 pm If you're trying to say he is greedy and litigious, why do you think he didn't look for a, say, 4 or 5 year deal when he brought us up? Surely the yearly deals leave him far weaker?

I don't think the whole innuendo that he is greedy is fair. Again, it's always notable that these things are only raised in difficult times. I think it's far more likely that he feels he was wronged by his former boss and on principal he doesn't accept that.
No not greedy you are misunderstanding.

Money matters of course it does, he is a very wealthy man and clearly puts some stock in wealth or he would work for much less than he does ( know he pays his staff but he has made millions from football of course he has).

I mean he lost the Lille case but he sued them presumably out of principle, felt he had been wronged.

Fair enough, he lost but he had his reason.

I dont think Bielsa sued Lille principally for the cash, the cash was a side issue (thats how you hurt a wealthy club or person, in the pocket) i think he did it out of principle and justice.

And that is something we need to consider if we ever did decide to sack him, are we legally safe, can we afford to sack him if the worst happens etc.

Not a slight on Bielsa just thinking on it from our pov.
Signed

King Cjay

60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

mentalcase wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:17 pm 4-0 in the 90th minute as well, looked rather respectable tbh against that liverpool side, then concede 2 in 3 minutes wtf !!!
As I said, no passion, no fight, no idea.
The board really ought to be having an emergency meeting right now, if they want to stay in the premier league they need to sort this mess out, even a win against spurs would only paper over the cavernous cracks.
A lot of those players tonight looked ready to jack it in.
They would be idiotic to jack in playing a game each week for £50k + whether they perform or not (usually not )...time to grow a pair and get some results.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

The way I see it is that it is not so much the defence, albeit there is no disguising it is also a shambles. It is the midfield transition to attack. Our transitional play is utter shite. Loose passes, poor delivery, non existent first touch, offside when looking along the line, no vision and running into blind alleys to name but a few. Rodrigo and Klich cannot be in midfield together, they make the same runs and seemingly compete to give the ball away. Harrison is simply shocking when he is off his game, which this season has been far more often than not. There was sod all cohesion we played like a team of strangers. Raphinia gives me the impression he has given up.

Bielsa has backed himself into a corner, because the squad is so thin he cannot really make that much of a change. We effectively have Roberts on the bench and he has zero impact.

It really is difficult to see a chink of light right now.
Ellandbach
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Ellandbach »

I've said it before, but Bielsa is the very definition of stupidity, doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. It's beyond embarrassing now. We're not just losing. We're being humiliated week after week and we know, as does every other team, that we will not change. It's Christmas come early for the teams around us. The effect on morale is evident to see. The players look lost, baffled and frankly amateurish through no fault of their own. We all know which members of the squad should have been replaced. We all know that playing players out od position doesn't work. We all know you have to keep strengthening in the Premier league just to stay there. We all know that sometimes you have to defend against the big teams and steal a point or even a win. We all know there's no shame in that. We all know what is wrong with the system we play and how easily exploited it is by every single team that plays us, not just the big boys. We know all of us. How come Marcelo doesn't? I will always love and appreciate everything he did for us but sometimes you don't need a weatherman to tell you when it's pissing down. More and more I wonder how he got the reputation he has but more and more I understand why he hasn't won much with all the teams he's been involved with. I hope he proves to us that he's the gentleman we think he is by putting on his coat and leaving. If the board haven't the guts to do it then at least make it easy for them. I loved him. Now I don't. It makes me sad but I can learn to love again....
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Ellandbach wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:51 pm I've said it before, but Bielsa is the very definition of stupidity, doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. It's beyond embarrassing now. We're not just losing. We're being humiliated week after week and we know, as does every other team, that we will not change. It's Christmas come early for the teams around us. The effect on morale is evident to see. The players look lost, baffled and frankly amateurish through no fault of their own. We all know which members of the squad should have been replaced. We all know that playing players out od position doesn't work. We all know you have to keep strengthening in the Premier league just to stay there. We all know that sometimes you have to defend against the big teams and steal a point or even a win. We all know there's no shame in that. We all know what is wrong with the system we play and how easily exploited it is by every single team that plays us, not just the big boys. We know all of us. How come Marcelo doesn't? I will always love and appreciate everything he did for us but sometimes you don't need a weatherman to tell you when it's pissing down. More and more I wonder how he got the reputation he has but more and more I understand why he hasn't won much with all the teams he's been involved with. I hope he proves to us that he's the gentleman we think he is by putting on his coat and leaving. If the board haven't the guts to do it then at least make it easy for them. I loved him. Now I don't. It makes me sad but I can learn to love again....
Bielsa walking out will solve nothing. He is whether rightly or wrongly our only hope. It takes us forever to sign a player. We are not in any kind of position to make a managerial appointment unless they already have a contingency and personally I doubt that very much.
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

With reference to Raphinha....if he has given up then I wish him all the worst....I truly hope he hasn't given up cos that is not in our vocabulary !!
Hickco84
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Hickco84 »

The thing that is so very annoying with all this is at the end of last season we seemed to play counter attacking football I can't see why we can't go back to what was employed only a couple of months ago. I think the next few games would be perfect for this system and we could have used it tonight and against united. Prob would still lost but would have been more competitive.

Sent from my CPH2207 using Tapatalk

Ellandbach
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Ellandbach »

I agree with you DDB220. You're absolutely right but I'm just exasperated with the constant hammerings and shambolic displays. It's just a very personal reaction and wishful thinking to all of this. I travelled over last Sunday from Belfast and I can tell you it was a lonnnng journey home. Everyone of us knew what was going to happen tonight and I suppose it's naive of me to expect Bielsa to realise what everyone else has, but when it's just the same level of disappointment game after game it takes its toll.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:19 pm For the first time, I'm seriously concerned of us retaining our place in the Premier League.
Only now Leon? Really? I've been expecting this scenario for weeks.