Patrick Bamford

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
Bamford, Patrick · 2018–2025
Bamford, Patrick
England Bamford, Patrick
Forward
b. 5th September 1993 (age 33)
205
Apps
60
Goals
142
Starts
63
Sub Apps
Middlesbrough
Signed 31/07/2018 – 28/08/2025
Middlesbrough → Sheffield United (Permanent)
Last 6 Appearances
3 May 2025 · Championship
2–1 W ↑ for Tanaka, Ao
28 Apr 2025 · Championship
4–0 W ↑ for Piroe, Joel
21 Apr 2025 · Championship
6–0 W ↑ for Piroe, Joel
18 Apr 2025 · Championship
1–0 W ↑ for Piroe, Joel
12 Apr 2025 · Championship
2–1 W ↑ for Aaronson, Brenden
8 Apr 2025 · Championship
1–0 W ↑ for Piroe, Joel
User avatar
Rook
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1513
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:02 pm

Re: Patrick Bamford - Injury rumour!

Post by Rook »

Overman wrote: ↑Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:06 pm I recall Radz harping on about a number of interested parties wanting to buy the club. Of all the interested buyers, we've ended up with the 49ers.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 55296.html

One of the interested was QSi.

People who WOULD have propelled us to hopes of the to 6.

The 49ers will NOT take us to the top 6.

The depressing thing is, QSi wanted to buy us when we were in the Championship, They could have picked us up for pennies.

They would have brought Man City/Chelsea/Newcastle levels of money to Leeds.
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
Mountain
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:20 am

Re: Patrick Bamford - Injury rumour!

Post by Mountain »

Rook wrote: ↑Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:27 pm One of the interested was QSi.

People who WOULD have propelled us to hopes of the to 6.

The 49ers will NOT take us to the top 6.

The depressing thing is, QSi wanted to buy us when we were in the Championship, They could have picked us up for pennies.

They would have brought Man City/Chelsea/Newcastle levels of money to Leeds.
Thank Christ.

After 40 years I'd have to walk away from supporting Leeds if QSI bought us.

I have 2 daughters, I couldn't look them in the eye and say "well...finishing ahead of West Ham mattered more than human rights".
User avatar
Rook
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1513
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:02 pm

Re: Patrick Bamford - Injury rumour!

Post by Rook »

Mountain wrote: ↑Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:35 pm Thank Christ.

After 40 years I'd have to walk away from supporting Leeds if QSI bought us.

I have 2 daughters, I couldn't look them in the eye and say "well...finishing ahead of West Ham mattered more than human rights".

I agree with you.

I just got drawn ino a debate about football finance.

There is a narrative on here that Radrizzani hasn't spent any money, a narrative that i disagree with.
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41707
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Patrick Bamford - Injury rumour!

Post by Cjay »

Mountain wrote: ↑Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:35 pm Thank Christ.

After 40 years I'd have to walk away from supporting Leeds if QSI bought us.

I have 2 daughters, I couldn't look them in the eye and say "well...finishing ahead of West Ham mattered more than human rights".
Radz took us to Myanmar in the middle of a genocide and then made a ton of money from tv rights in Myanmar soon after (what has gone on there over the last 5 years is worse than anything in Qatar).

Radz has made a lot of money through Bein Sports (it's how he knows QSI).

Radz has made money through China. In fact Radz has made most of his cash in Asia where human rights aren't really any better than Qatar.

Does it bother you?

Fact is if you trace the money of most wealthy men and women you will find things you don't like I would imagine.

That isnt to excuse Qatar and the human rights record but nobody has protested against Radz and the sources of his wealth are no better at all
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23132
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Patrick Bamford - Injury rumour!

Post by SG90 »

Rook wrote: ↑Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:50 pm I agree with you.

I just got drawn ino a debate about football finance.

There is a narrative on here that Radrizzani hasn't spent any money, a narrative that i disagree with.
He has in the Championship. In the PL, we've just spent the sky money. I just don't understand how we're skint already, it's not like we spent £150m this year.
Mountain
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:20 am

Re: Patrick Bamford - Injury rumour!

Post by Mountain »

Cjay wrote: ↑Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:06 pm Radz took us to Myanmar in the middle of a genocide and then made a ton of money from tv rights in Myanmar soon after (what has gone on there over the last 5 years is worse than anything in Qatar).
There is no suggestion that he is responsible for the situation in Myanmar.

And the allegations against QSI are not "well they once visited Qatar".

For similar reasons, I'm not sure that the suggestion that he made money through Bein Sports or in China is remotely similar to the accusations against QSI. Like the allegations against Man City and NUFC owners, they go beyond "things I don't like".
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155230
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Patrick Bamford - Leeds United will still 'entertain' fans this season

Post by 1964white »

"We've retained our Premier League status and the squad's changed a lot," 28-year-old Bamford said.

"We've had time to work on what Jesse wants and understand his tactics and work on them. I think this year will still be an entertaining Leeds United - but slightly different.

After spending four years saying how revolutionary it was working with Bielsa, the Leeds players are not going to adopt a different narrative now.

"They're very different but also very similar in some ways," said Bamford.

"They have the same intensity and work ethic and they both demand 100% on the pitch and on the training ground. But you can also sit down with Jesse and have lunch with him.

"If you've done the hard work, the football training is out of the way and the videos are done, you can sit and have a chat about something totally random or nothing to do with football."

The striker insists he is confident his body can stand up to the strain.

"I was little bit unfortunate to have a couple of injuries that followed on from each other, so I ended up basically missing most of the campaign," he said.

"But with the last one, I literally set a timeline in my head as soon as I got injured and just went to work straight away. Obviously there were certain limitations to what I could do, but through the whole off-season I tested myself, went away and worked pretty much every day. And I knew that when I came back, I'd be all right"

"Obviously I've got to concentrate on Leeds, but I would be lying if I said the World Cup wasn't in the back of my mind because obviously it's every kid's dream"

"But I know that there's a lot of hard work I've got to do to even put my name in the picture."

While Leeds are clearly a huge club in their own right, Bamford believes Phillips has earned the chance to challenge for major honours.

"It said it all when Kalvin went straight from getting promoted to being in the England team and becoming a mainstay there," he said.

"He deserves this chance to fight for trophies on all fronts.

"None of us can begrudge him for going. As sad as it is, we were almost pushing him because he deserves it and it's his time."
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20748
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Patrick Bamford - Leeds United will still 'entertain' fans this season

Post by whiteswan »

I'll believe a fit Bamford when I see it!
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14637
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: Patrick Bamford - Leeds United will still 'entertain' fans this season

Post by hector »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:31 pm I'll believe a fit Bamford when I see it!
You doubting Duck you.....

:P :P :) :)
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155230
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Patrick Bamford - Leeds United will still 'entertain' fans this season

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:31 pm I'll believe a fit Bamford when I see it!
Have faith in Paddy.

I know you were cross with him, but this is a fresh start, Swannie.
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41707
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Patrick Bamford - Leeds United will still 'entertain' fans this season

Post by Cjay »

Apparently Bamford was only able to wear moulded studs in Australia because his foot clearly still causing pain.

Bit of a concern that.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
Victor_OTT_17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3288
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:27 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Patrick Bamford

Post by Victor_OTT_17 »

One season wonder: he's a crock now. Hope I'm wrong...
The Guitar Medic on FaceBook and on YouTube

weasel wrote: ↑Tue Jul 28, 2026 4:35 pm Are you dense?
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155230
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Patrick Bamford

Post by 1964white »

Hopefully Paddy's confidence will be sky high after his brace, yesterday.

Having a target man combined with his movement was great to see again, his second goal showed us what we missed last season.
Mountain
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:20 am

Re: Patrick Bamford

Post by Mountain »

Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:21 pm One season wonder: he's a crock now. Hope I'm wrong...
Was the one season wonder the season when he was Championship Player of the Season, when he was the top scorer in Leeds promotion season or when he was runner up to Harry Kane as the top English scorer in the EPL?
AylingFlop
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 286
Joined: Mon May 30, 2022 9:34 am
Location: West Sussex

Re: Patrick Bamford

Post by AylingFlop »

1964white wrote: ↑Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:53 pm Hopefully Paddy's confidence will be sky high after his brace, yesterday.

Having a target man combined with his movement was great to see again, his second goal showed us what we missed last season.
:tup:
AylingFlop
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 286
Joined: Mon May 30, 2022 9:34 am
Location: West Sussex

Re: Patrick Bamford

Post by AylingFlop »

Mountain wrote: ↑Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:14 pm Was the one season wonder the season when he was Championship Player of the Season, when he was the top scorer in Leeds promotion season or when he was runner up to Harry Kane as the top English scorer in the EPL?
:tup:
User avatar
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 13923
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm
Location: No Longer Lousiana - Southern Illinois

Re: Patrick Bamford

Post by John in Louisiana »

Mountain wrote: ↑Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:14 pm Was the one season wonder the season when he was Championship Player of the Season, when he was the top scorer in Leeds promotion season or when he was runner up to Harry Kane as the top English scorer in the EPL?
Don’t tell me. I’m keen to guess.

:) :)
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155230
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Patrick Bamford

Post by 1964white »

Mountain wrote: ↑Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:14 pm Was the one season wonder the season when he was Championship Player of the Season, when he was the top scorer in Leeds promotion season or when he was runner up to Harry Kane as the top English scorer in the EPL?
We really did miss Paddy last season.

No Leeds forward defends from the front more effectively than Paddy.

Also, I'd forgotten how much he helps us out at defensive set-pieces, Bamford made two clearing headers at the near post vs Caglairi.
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: Patrick Bamford

Post by Kennyb41 »

People 'forgetting' cost Bert his job.

Short memories.

Too quick to judge.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41707
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Patrick Bamford

Post by Cjay »

Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Post Reply