Watford 0-3 Leeds Utd Match Thread - POST MATCH DEBATE!

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Post Reply
Watford v Leeds United
Watford
Watford
0–3
Premier League
09/04/2022
Vicarage Road
Leeds United
Leeds United
All-time record vs Watford
31
Played
13
Won
7
Drawn
11
Lost
-4
GD
42%
Win %
Away record
15
Played
6
Won
4
Drawn
5
Lost
+2
GD
40%
Win %
DateGroundScoreCompetition
02/10/2021 Elland Road 1–0 W Premier League ↗
20/02/2016 Vicarage Road 1–0 L FA Cup 5th Round ↗
28/02/2015 Elland Road 2–3 L Championship ↗
23/08/2014 Vicarage Road 4–1 L Championship ↗
08/04/2014 Vicarage Road 3–0 L Championship ↗
All-time top scorers vs Watford
#PlayerGoals
1 Robert Snodgrass 3
2 Clarke Carlisle 2
3 Michael Bridges 2
4 Daniel James 2
5 Joel Piroe 2
Starting XI
Goa Meslier
Def Ayling
Def Llorente
Def Cooper ©
Def Dallas
Def Koch
Mid Klich
For Moreno
Mid Harrison
Mid James
Substitutes
Unused Substitutes
-- Klaesson
-- Struijk
-- Gelhardt
-- Hjelde
-- Cresswell
-- Kenneh
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20763
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Watford v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by whiteswan »

Rook wrote: ↑Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:16 pm I can't watch Leeds on TV, mate.

I find it way too stressful.

If I'm not at a match in person, i do everything in my power to avoid any mention of football for 90 minutes.

TV gets switched off, as does my phone and radio etc

I'm a bag of nerves on matchdays when I'm at a game, but I'm waaaaay worse when I'm not going to the match.
You've just summed me up as well Rook. I'm awful. I can't watch us on TV either, or listen on the radio. The only thing I can do is read the Match day thread on here.....but my stomach churns when I see the letters FFS because I know what's coming next :shock:
Nord VPN
Stream games in safety! Get NordVPN with up to 75% off + 3 months free
Get NordVPN →
User avatar
Rook
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1513
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:02 pm

Re: Watford v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Rook »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:49 pm You've just summed me up as well Rook. I'm awful. I can't watch us on TV either, or listen on the radio. The only thing I can do is read the Match day thread on here.....but my stomach churns when I see the letters FFS because I know what's coming next :shock:
I feel your pain.

I call it PTLD.

Post traumatic Leeds Disorder.
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20763
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Watford v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by whiteswan »

Rook wrote: ↑Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:59 pm I feel your pain.

I call it PTLD.

Post traumatic Leeds Disorder.
:rol:

But very true
User avatar
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 13931
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm
Location: No Longer Lousiana - Southern Illinois

Re: Watford v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by John in Louisiana »

Rook wrote: ↑Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:16 pm I can't watch Leeds on TV, mate.

I find it way too stressful.

If I'm not at a match in person, i do everything in my power to avoid any mention of football for 90 minutes.

TV gets switched off, as does my phone and radio etc

I'm a bag of nerves on matchdays when I'm at a game, but I'm waaaaay worse when I'm not going to the match.
My wife exiles me to the bedroom and makes me shut the door.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155402
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Watford v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

Rook wrote: ↑Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:16 pm I can't watch Leeds on TV, mate.

I find it way too stressful.

If I'm not at a match in person, i do everything in my power to avoid any mention of football for 90 minutes.

TV gets switched off, as does my phone and radio etc

I'm a bag of nerves on matchdays when I'm at a game, but I'm waaaaay worse when I'm not going to the match.
I understand how you feel, Rook

I'm the same, much rather be a bag of nerves being at the game with friends around me than sat on my own watching Leeds on TV, the stress is ten times worse!
User avatar
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 6766
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:46 pm

Re: Watford v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Carrick Dave »

Rook wrote: ↑Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:16 pm I can't watch Leeds on TV, mate.

I find it way too stressful.

If I'm not at a match in person, i do everything in my power to avoid any mention of football for 90 minutes.

TV gets switched off, as does my phone and radio etc

I'm a bag of nerves on matchdays when I'm at a game, but I'm waaaaay worse when I'm not going to the match.
:lol: :lol: :lol: That is glorious mate - not being local I always have it on the telly, but when I'm nervous I play the guitar and ignore it as best I can.

Each to their own. Hopefully we'll both be breathing easier at 5pm on Saturday.
User avatar
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 6766
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:46 pm

Re: Watford v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Carrick Dave »

John in Louisiana wrote: ↑Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:20 pm My wife exiles me to the bedroom and makes me shut the door.
:lol: :lol: :clap: :clap:
User avatar
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 6766
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:46 pm

Re: Watford v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Carrick Dave »

1964white wrote: ↑Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:35 pm I understand how you feel, Rook

I'm the same, much rather be a bag of nerves being at the game with friends around me than sat on my own watching Leeds on TV, the stress is ten times worse!
The joy when we score is the same though :lol: everyone shouts as loudly whether on TV or at ER.

It's very frustrating to be a Leeds alien in the PL with virtually no opportunity for tickets.
User avatar
Musicman1965
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2147
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:11 pm

Re: Watford v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Musicman1965 »

After the Saints performance we getting better. Win by 2 clear goals
User avatar
Chilli D
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8793
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: Watford v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Chilli D »

I nearly always get a headache before our games and I'm a nervous wreck for the whole game.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
User avatar
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 22394
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Re: Watford v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by White Riot »

Hopefully we get a win, or at the very worst a draw.

Only Norwich, Burnley and Brighton have scored less goals than Watford.

Only us and Norwich have conceded more than Watford.

Hodgson always takes a pragmatic approach, so I expect he'll be happy to just shut up shop and hope for a smash n grab.

Other than the Villa debacle we do seem to be better organized and more resolute in defence, and that should be more the case with Cooper and KP back. I'd be really happy if Jesse would drop Llorente and start Koch with Cooper at CB. Llorente frequently seems to panic and get himself in a right tangle.

As others have said, we need to finish the chances we create and Dan James is not the solution at CF. If Joffy is fit then he should start as he's a real attacking threat who can create havoc for the opposition.

I would go with:

Meslier
Ayling
Koch
Cooper
Dallas
KP
Forshaw
Rodrigo
Raphinha
Gelhardt
James

I really hope we get a win and can almost breathe a sigh of relief. If we aspire to at least stay up then we need to win matches like this and give ourselves some breathing space.

Lose this and we're right back in the :poo: , which will give the others at the bottom renewed hope of survival.
User avatar
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 22394
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Re: Watford v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by White Riot »

John in Louisiana wrote: ↑Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:20 pm My wife exiles me to the bedroom and makes me shut the door.
Yeah, my Mrs hates it when Leeds are playing and I start screaming and shouting :)
User avatar
SnifferClarke
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1062
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:34 am

Re: Watford v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by SnifferClarke »

A clean sheet would be nice, we haven’t kept one since November !
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: Watford v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Kennyb41 »

Wtf !..

Another newbie 64 !....Welcome Sniffer, who the fck are ya? And get posting more you've been here lurking since 9th Feb :)

Must dash.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: Watford v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Kennyb41 »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:49 pm You've just summed me up as well Rook. I'm awful. I can't watch us on TV either, or listen on the radio. The only thing I can do is read the Match day thread on here.....but my stomach churns when I see the letters FFS because I know what's coming next :shock:
Don't panic Swan, i'll treat ya to my superb match analysis again, i'll make sure i throw in some 'ffs' when they hit the post ;-)

No need to thank me :tup:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
User avatar
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6571
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:02 am

Re: Watford v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by BGwhite »

White Riot wrote: Yeah, my Mrs hates it when Leeds are playing and I start screaming and shouting :)
Same here.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

User avatar
Tyzy
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4218
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:09 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Watford v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Tyzy »

My wife hates it when Leeds play full stop,as more often than not this season I've been in a bad mood after ! Is it my imagination or have we not been on the tv as often as last season ?
Ada Lovelace
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:58 pm

Re: Watford v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Ada Lovelace »

Hey guys Watford fan in peace.

Good luck tomorrow. Believe me, most of our fans' are convinced we are down now, despite having eight games left. Everton's loss to Burnley was a good result for us obviously as it kept the gap to them as three points. Remember Everton play at 12.30pm, so I think that may play a part in how well we play. We need to win, it's as simple as that. But our home form is awful. Norwich scored 3 against us, West Ham 4 and Palace 4.

I think you will score - it's going to happen. I think a draw would suit you guys better than it would us. Best of luck, and it looks to us you have done enough to survive already. There are clearly three teams worse than you in this division, us being one of them.

Ada x
William
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1160
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:54 pm

Re: Watford v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by William »

Ada Lovelace wrote: ↑Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:14 am Hey guys Watford fan in peace.

Good luck tomorrow. Believe me, most of our fans' are convinced we are down now, despite having eight games left. Everton's loss to Burnley was a good result for us obviously as it kept the gap to them as three points. Remember Everton play at 12.30pm, so I think that may play a part in how well we play. We need to win, it's as simple as that. But our home form is awful. Norwich scored 3 against us, West Ham 4 and Palace 4.

I think you will score - it's going to happen. I think a draw would suit you guys better than it would us. Best of luck, and it looks to us you have done enough to survive already. There are clearly three teams worse than you in this division, us being one of them.

Ada x
Hey Ada,

After you guys bounced straignt back into the Prem then had that great win on day one I thought you would have a safe season.

It is going to be a scrap, the players with the streetfighters will be the ones who stay up.

You guys have a few great performances in you and I hope you stay up, just not at our expense.

Id take a point tomorrow.
Marsch OUT

Football has undergone a process of bielsification; pressing and possessing, passing rather than dribbling, intercepting high up the field rather than making last-ditch tackles, are in vogue.

Marcelo Bielsa. The light that will never go out.
User avatar
mentalcase
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 10414
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:19 pm

Re: Watford v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by mentalcase »

John in Louisiana wrote: ↑Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:20 pm My wife exiles me to the bedroom and makes me shut the door.
Is that after loads of veg ?
" Man is not affected by events but by the view he takes of them "
Nord VPN
Stream games in safety! Get NordVPN with up to 75% off + 3 months free
Get NordVPN →
Post Reply