Watford 0-3 Leeds Utd Match Thread - POST MATCH DEBATE!

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Post Reply
Watford v Leeds United
Watford
Watford
0–3
Premier League
09/04/2022
Vicarage Road
Leeds United
Leeds United
All-time record vs Watford
31
Played
13
Won
7
Drawn
11
Lost
-4
GD
42%
Win %
Away record
15
Played
6
Won
4
Drawn
5
Lost
+2
GD
40%
Win %
DateGroundScoreCompetition
02/10/2021 Elland Road 1–0 W Premier League ↗
20/02/2016 Vicarage Road 1–0 L FA Cup 5th Round ↗
28/02/2015 Elland Road 2–3 L Championship ↗
23/08/2014 Vicarage Road 4–1 L Championship ↗
08/04/2014 Vicarage Road 3–0 L Championship ↗
All-time top scorers vs Watford
#PlayerGoals
1 Robert Snodgrass 3
2 Joel Piroe 2
3 Ross McCormack 2
4 Robbie Blake 2
5 Clarke Carlisle 2
Starting XI
Goa Meslier
Def Ayling
Def Llorente
Def Cooper ©
Def Dallas
Def Koch
Mid Klich
For Moreno
Mid Harrison
Mid James
Substitutes
Unused Substitutes
-- Klaesson
-- Struijk
-- Gelhardt
-- Hjelde
-- Cresswell
-- Kenneh
User avatar
mentalcase
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 10414
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:19 pm

Re: Watford v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by mentalcase »

Chilli D wrote: ↑Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:53 am I nearly always get a headache before our games and I'm a nervous wreck for the whole game.
Biggest headache I ever got was during the semi-final at Hillsborough against coventry, I really thought my head was going to explode, I was front row of the seats, oddly enough helping United fans up from the terraces after being crushed, they didn't learn sadly.
All that game my headache got worse and worse, I thought I was going to be sick, migraine, whatever, dreadful that, all because of football.
" Man is not affected by events but by the view he takes of them "
Nord VPN
Stream games in safety! Get NordVPN with up to 75% off + 3 months free
Get NordVPN →
User avatar
Finnatic
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6706
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:47 pm

Re: Watford v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Finnatic »

mentalcase wrote: ↑Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:38 pm Biggest headache I ever got was during the semi-final at Hillsborough against coventry, I really thought my head was going to explode, I was front row of the seats, oddly enough helping United fans up from the terraces after being crushed, they didn't learn sadly.
All that game my headache got worse and worse, I thought I was going to be sick, migraine, whatever, dreadful that, all because of football.
I was in the seats too, not that I could get to my seat, it was rammed in there and I had to stand in the gangway.
When we scored the first goal, I got knocked sideways and nearly plunged to my death over the wall of the stairwell.
I just gripped the wall for dear life.

I can watch games on tv but haven’t listened to the radio over for 25 years, it’s far too nerve wracking.
We’d be in the opponent’s penalty area and then within three seconds the other team had scored - I’d be “eh???”

Btw, Watford haven’t won at home for eight games and our record there isn’t great…🥺
User avatar
Chilli D
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8783
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: Watford v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Chilli D »

mentalcase wrote: ↑Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:38 pm Biggest headache I ever got was during the semi-final at Hillsborough against coventry, I really thought my head was going to explode, I was front row of the seats, oddly enough helping United fans up from the terraces after being crushed, they didn't learn sadly.
All that game my headache got worse and worse, I thought I was going to be sick, migraine, whatever, dreadful that, all because of football.
I remember they showed the whole game after it had finished so I watched it with some mates (also Leeds fans) not knowing we had lost. So gutted at the final whistle.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
User avatar
SnifferClarke
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1062
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:34 am

Re: Watford v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by SnifferClarke »

Kennyb41 wrote: ↑Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:25 am Wtf !..

Another newbie 64 !....Welcome Sniffer, who the fck are ya? And get posting more you've been here lurking since 9th Feb :)

Must dash.
Thanks Kenny
Not one for long posts, so its quality not quantity , a bit like Kalvins goals :)
User avatar
Tyzy
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4214
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:09 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Watford v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Tyzy »

Ada Lovelace wrote: ↑Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:14 am Hey guys Watford fan in peace.

Good luck tomorrow. Believe me, most of our fans' are convinced we are down now, despite having eight games left. Everton's loss to Burnley was a good result for us obviously as it kept the gap to them as three points. Remember Everton play at 12.30pm, so I think that may play a part in how well we play. We need to win, it's as simple as that. But our home form is awful. Norwich scored 3 against us, West Ham 4 and Palace 4.

I think you will score - it's going to happen. I think a draw would suit you guys better than it would us. Best of luck, and it looks to us you have done enough to survive already. There are clearly three teams worse than you in this division, us being one of them.

Ada x
Are you related to Linda ?
User avatar
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 13923
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm
Location: No Longer Lousiana - Southern Illinois

Re: Watford v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by John in Louisiana »

White Riot wrote: ↑Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:58 am Yeah, my Mrs hates it when Leeds are playing and I start screaming and shouting :)
Doesn't always work, though.

I knocked the ceiling fan loose when Ayling scored the winner at Wolves.
User avatar
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2390
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:14 pm
Location: God’s own county (north)

Re: Watford v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Ada Lovelace wrote: ↑Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:14 am Hey guys Watford fan in peace.

Good luck tomorrow. Believe me, most of our fans' are convinced we are down now, despite having eight games left. Everton's loss to Burnley was a good result for us obviously as it kept the gap to them as three points. Remember Everton play at 12.30pm, so I think that may play a part in how well we play. We need to win, it's as simple as that. But our home form is awful. Norwich scored 3 against us, West Ham 4 and Palace 4.

I think you will score - it's going to happen. I think a draw would suit you guys better than it would us. Best of luck, and it looks to us you have done enough to survive already. There are clearly three teams worse than you in this division, us being one of them.

Ada x
Thanks for that Ada. How's your Dad by the way? Great poet but mad as a box of frogs!

Anyway, tbh I think it's a must win game for the both of us, our next 4 games afterwards are potentially nil pointers for us so something will have to give.

Good luck for the rest of season except tomorrow of course.
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: Watford v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Kennyb41 »

Ada Lovelace wrote: ↑Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:14 am Hey guys Watford fan in peace.

Good luck tomorrow. Believe me, most of our fans' are convinced we are down now, despite having eight games left. Everton's loss to Burnley was a good result for us obviously as it kept the gap to them as three points. Remember Everton play at 12.30pm, so I think that may play a part in how well we play. We need to win, it's as simple as that. But our home form is awful. Norwich scored 3 against us, West Ham 4 and Palace 4.

I think you will score - it's going to happen. I think a draw would suit you guys better than it would us. Best of luck, and it looks to us you have done enough to survive already. There are clearly three teams worse than you in this division, us being one of them.

Ada x
Ada, What did you think of Bert, should he have been sacked?

Luv Kenny x And welcome to our thread, hang around there's some nutters here.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: Watford v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Kennyb41 »

SnifferClarke wrote: ↑Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:20 pm Thanks Kenny
Not one for long posts, so its quality not quantity , a bit like Kalvins goals :)
And me in the bedroom :shhh:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
DDB220
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7069
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:17 am

Re: Watford v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by DDB220 »

Kennyb41 wrote: ↑Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:47 pm And me in the bedroom :shhh:
I take it you use a silk sock then.

Must dash.
Overman
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3324
Joined: Wed May 15, 2019 11:04 pm

Re: Watford v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Overman »

DDB220 wrote: ↑Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:30 pm I take it you use a silk sock then.

Must dash.
🤣🤣
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: Watford v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Kennyb41 »

Overman wrote: ↑Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:16 am🤣🤣
You don't find that funny DL so stop pretending you do.

You just wanna aim something at me as per, you should know by now, it just bounces off.

And stop being so obvious.

Hey DDB, highest form of flattery when someone nicks your material,

'Must dash'. :tup:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
WhiteRose
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3693
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:24 pm

Re: Watford v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by WhiteRose »

Every time we come up against a team with appalling statistics Leeds contrive to help the opposition break the run. so today we come up against a team that have lost their last 8 league games at home and have the worst home record in the prem - even we can’t upset that stat can we?
User avatar
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6571
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:02 am

Re: Watford v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by BGwhite »

WhiteRose wrote:Every time we come up against a team with appalling statistics Leeds contrive to help the opposition break the run. so today we come up against a team that have lost their last 8 league games at home and have the worst home record in the prem - even we can’t upset that stat can we?
That's why I've gone 2-0. We can't keep clean sheets !

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

User avatar
Tyzy
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4214
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:09 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Watford v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Tyzy »

WhiteRose wrote: ↑Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:53 am Every time we come up against a team with appalling statistics Leeds contrive to help the opposition break the run. so today we come up against a team that have lost their last 8 league games at home and have the worst home record in the prem - even we can’t upset that stat can we?
Wanna bet ! Its got a defeat written all over it
Leeds1000
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4157
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:11 pm

Re: Watford v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Leeds1000 »

Good luck to the lads today would have loved to watch this one with so much seemingly riding on it but work gets in the way again. So i won't see another game until the 25th after this one, wtf again... We have just come off another break teams can't get into any rythym. Get the job done today lads it will make the next couple of weeks a lot more enjoyable.
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: Watford v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Kennyb41 »

3pts or an exciting relegation battle that goes to the wire ?

We lose today and it boosts the moral of every other team around us and we get dragged right into it.

Win and we're safe, this should be treated as our last game against Brentford and he should drum that into them.

KP will start today, he and we as a team perform better when he's given that role on his own and allow 1 more to push on, so 4-1-4-1.
Attack is the best form of defense for us, and watch KP's movement all the time if you're watching it live.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
William
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1160
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:54 pm

Re: Watford v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by William »

No Forshaw today

Koch in midfield

Not convinced
Marsch OUT

Football has undergone a process of bielsification; pressing and possessing, passing rather than dribbling, intercepting high up the field rather than making last-ditch tackles, are in vogue.

Marcelo Bielsa. The light that will never go out.
danhirons
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3881
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:21 pm

Re: Watford v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by danhirons »

Absolute must win today with the results around us. Don't win today and we're right back down there
William
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1160
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:54 pm

Re: Watford v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by William »

Image
Attachments
Watford.jpg
Watford.jpg
Marsch OUT

Football has undergone a process of bielsification; pressing and possessing, passing rather than dribbling, intercepting high up the field rather than making last-ditch tackles, are in vogue.

Marcelo Bielsa. The light that will never go out.
Nord VPN
Stream games in safety! Get NordVPN with up to 75% off + 3 months free
Get NordVPN →
Post Reply