Watford 0-3 Leeds Utd Match Thread - POST MATCH DEBATE!

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Watford 0-3 Leeds Utd Match Thread - POST MATCH DEBATE!

Post by Jaydog »

Kennyb41 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:17 pm It would've been us in 3, it'll now never be us i'm afraid.
What!!!! How much is a flight to Argentina btw :duno:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:52 am “Why apportion blame” :lol: :lol: :lol:
I forgot that this not a website for apportioning blame :shhh:
My question was rather argumentative, a grenade with the pin in let’s say.
Second attempt at an answer ?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

faaip wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:29 pm Second attempt at an answer ?
It’s a rhetorical question. No need for an answer.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:03 pm Phillips played against Brighton and Palace and Brentford (didn't win any of those either).

Liam Cooper played in all those as well, and Bamford has played in more games this season for Bielsa than Marsch (alot more), didn't win any of those games he played in either.

This constant Bielsa was hard done by on injuries debate as an excuse is total nonsense.

We weren't winning games with those 3 fit!!!!!!!
As I implied in my earlier post, Cjay :tup:

It's in black & white all over the internet

Furthermore, I was at several of those games witnessing how average we were.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Kennyb41 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:05 pm You've been told once, STOP THROWING GRENADES !!!
Just making a valid point :-D
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Bielsa or Marsch, who’s the best. There’s only one way to find out. FIGHT!
Come on Marcelo kick him in the nuts.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jesse Marsch told Cooper he was the best captain he's ever worked with.

Apparently, Liam was in tears.
William
First Team
First Team

Post by William »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:34 am If we go down on goal diff who exactly (might) be to blame
Great question, here is my take, just for fun... and no offence meant.

KIich for going through the back of that Chelsea git and us taking nothing away from Stamford Bridge as a result. One point lost.

Meslier for ballsing up that FC against Newcastle. Ditto

Firpo for missing a sitter in the away game against Newcastle when we were a goal up and cruising. Two points lost

Shackleton for giving the ball away in the last minute of the WH home game and us losing that late. One point

Raphinha for getting called up for his nation and missing a game for us as a result. Three points

Junior Firpo, Tyler Roberts, Jack Harrison, Daniel James, Diego LLorente or who ever is the lightning rod of choice that week for the knee jerk burn everything mob after a bad game.

Charlie Cresswell, Joseph Geldhart and Greenwood for getting injured.

Kalvin Philips and Patrick Bamford for being made out of Jacobs cream crackers.

Going back further...

Marcello Bielsa for helping Leeds to promotion in 2020, the ba***rd, why couldn't he have told Orta and Radz no and left us to kick around the championship where we were happy, talking about Don Revie and Johnny Giles and what might have been had Eric not had an eye for someone else's missus? ( allegedly) Or why couldn't he have showed up, took the money and not bothered his arse instead of living and breathing Leeds United 24hrs and day 7 days a week.

Further

Gerd Muller
Ray Tinkler ( look him up)

The Factory Act of 1850 which granted the great unwashed a half day on a Saturday and what better way to spend it than down the footy as this led to the formation of the Football League.

Ripples on the pond of life.

I enjoyed that.
Marsch OUT

Football has undergone a process of bielsification; pressing and possessing, passing rather than dribbling, intercepting high up the field rather than making last-ditch tackles, are in vogue.

Marcelo Bielsa. The light that will never go out.
Rook
First Team
First Team

Post by Rook »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:41 pm Bielsa or Marsch, who’s the best. There’s only one way to find out. FIGHT!
Come on Marcelo kick him in the nuts.

I reckon Marcelo would win with a Shoryuken dash cancel into Ultra combo finish!!
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

William wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:10 pm Great question, here is my take, just for fun... and no offence meant.

KIich for going through the back of that Chelsea git and us taking nothing away from Stamford Bridge as a result. One point lost.

Firpo for missing a sitter in the away game against Newcastle when we were a goal up and cruising. Two points lost

Shackleton for giving the ball away in the last minute of the WH home game and us losing that late. One point

Raphinha for getting called up for his nation and missing a game for us as a result. Three points

Junior Firpo, Tyler Roberts, Jack Harrison, Daniel James, Diego LLorente or who ever is the lightning rod of choice that week for the knee jerk burn everything mob after a bad game.

Going back further...

Marcello Bielsa for helping Leeds to promotion in 2020, the ba***rd, why couldn't he have told Orta and Radz no and left us to kick around the championship where we were happy, talking about Don Revie and Johnny Giles and what might have been had Eric not had an eye for someone else's missus? ( allegedly) Or why couldn't he have showed up, took the money and not bothered his arse instead of living and breathing Leeds United 24hrs and day 7 days a week.

Further

Gerd Muller

The Factory Act of 1850 which granted the great unwashed a half day on a Saturday and what better way to spend it than down the footy as this led to the formation of the Football League.

I enjoyed that.
yeah, that total c... Bielsa for getting us here in the first place. ba***rd.
Oh and you forgot Jesus in between pond life & 1850. He invented the cross don’t forget.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:27 pm yeah, that total c... Bielsa for getting us here in the first place. ba***rd.
Oh and you forgot Jesus in between pond life & 1850. He invented the cross don’t forget.
William and Jaydog :lol: :lol:

Cheered me up no-end reading those.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Watched the full 90 minutes last night.

My analysis up later .
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

1964white wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:40 am Watched the full 90 minutes last night.

Mu analysis up later .
Why did you sit through 90 mins of Everton’s game v MU prior to ours?
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

William wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:10 pm Great question, here is my take, just for fun... and no offence meant.

Going back further...

Further

Gerd Muller

I enjoyed that.
I've just come back from taking the mutt out to read the above :clap: :clap: :clap:

Perked me up no end, gets my vote for best post since i've been a member here, thanks for taking the time for that and the thought.

Perspective - great word.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:03 pm Phillips played against Brighton and Palace and Brentford (didn't win any of those either).

Liam Cooper played in all those as well, and Bamford has played in more games this season for Bielsa than Marsch (alot more), didn't win any of those games he played in either.

This constant Bielsa was hard done by on injuries debate as an excuse is total nonsense.

We weren't winning games with those 3 fit!!!!!!!
Erm we beat Palace 1-0. Struyjk playing at left back, Tyler Roberts as a striker so whilst the injury situation wasn't as bad we still had issues and two players were subbed at half time.

Brighton we drew 0-0 against. Not a great performance but again missing a striker and again 2 substitutions having to be made at half time, one of which was Kalvin Phillips going off. A point away from home wasn't a bad result and shows that, like the Palace result, how we seem to defend better when we have Llorente and Cooper playing together.....

Brentford we drew 2-2 against. Cooper went off injured after 15 minutes, with the score at 0-0 (so interesting in these 3 fixtures we didn't concede a single goal when Liam Cooper was on the pitch). Kalvin Phillips was subbed after 55 minutes (basically straightaay after Brentford scored their first goal (can't help but wonder if KP being injured played a part in Brentford getting their equaliser).

I wouldn't want to hire you as my lawyer Cjay as I think with these 3 fixtures you listed you have actually proved how important Cooper, Phillips and Bamford are. With Cooper on the pitch we conceded 0 goals. With KP on the pitch we conceded just 1 goal whilst he was injured and about to come off). With Bamford out we scored 2 goals in 2 matches and 68 minutes (one from a penalty and one from Tyler Roberts). With Bamford on the pitch for 27 minutes (including injury time) we scored 1 goal, courtesy of Bamford himself.

5 points from those 3 games.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Stop throwing fact grenades Weasel, they'll come back and bomb ya with GD.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

GD is such a weak argument
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

It's all they've got.

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Whose GD. Another Rangers player. All these initials are confusing. You need to spell it out for the idiots. Like me.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Grot and Douglas.

Bert's wonder signings.

;@)