Relegation Thread- LUFC almost down?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Rook
First Team
First Team

Re: Relegation Thread

Post by Rook »

mentalcase wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:59 pm I'm not thinking of being in the top 9 for at least four more seasons.
You could always play Football Manager on the PC.

That's the only way you'll see Leeds competing for a top six finish.

We are miles off. Absolutely miles off.
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Rook wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:06 pm You could always play Football Manager on the PC.

That's the only way you'll see Leeds competing for a top six finish.

We are miles off. Absolutely miles off.
Top 9 , not top 6
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Heard say somewhere that the average points needs is 35.7, so those saying 4 points to see us safe are probably right. I still think 3 will be enough but it's not easy to see where those 3 points will come from in our remaining games. Still, we probably felt that way against Wolves away.

I'll rest easier once the table is levelled up on matches played so we can see what the maths look like then. Burnley know all bout relegation dogfights and they'll not give up with a whimper.
Rook
First Team
First Team

Post by Rook »

mentalcase wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:13 pm Top 9 , not top 6
My apologies, m8.

I misread. :tup:
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Rook wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:31 pm My apologies, m8.

I misread. :tup:
Even top 9 might be stretching things. :|
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

mentalcase wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:59 pm I'm not thinking of being in the top 9 for at least four more seasons.
I'm struggling to believe i've just read this ^...are you serious or just throwing grenades ?...we finished 9th last year ffs !

WTF ! Is this a pre prepared get out clause for the Yank ???

Although you might be right with the giant step backwards we've just taken.
Fck me how depressing is that thought for the day.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Lumiukko wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:24 pm Heard say somewhere that the average points needs is 35.7, so those saying 4 points to see us safe are probably right. I still think 3 will be enough but it's not easy to see where those 3 points will come from in our remaining games. Still, we probably felt that way against Wolves away.

I'll rest easier once the table is levelled up on matches played so we can see what the maths look like then. Burnley know all bout relegation dogfights and they'll not give up with a whimper.
Oh Jesus Christ wtf have we become ? :rant:

We've got 6 games left, 18pts available, 3 games at home, 3 away versus Palace, Arsenal and Brentford and we can't see where 3 pts can come from ??....who the f**k have we replaced our ex manager with for gawds sake?
Are these all get out clauses ?
Last edited by Kennyb41 on Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

I would hazard a guess that ' the yank ' is a lot brighter then most if not all the people on this forum, given that he went to Princeton University, which has one of the most demanding acceptance rates in the world for any university - it's about a 4% acceptance rate.It''s also ranked as the 7th best university in the world based on reputation.

By the way, was the last manager ever referred to as ' an Argie ' by any of the fans ? Or references to the Falklands conflict etc ?
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:21 am I would hazard a guess that ' the yank ' is a lot brighter then most if not all the people on this forum, given that he went to Princeton University, which has one of the most demanding acceptance rates in the world for any university - it's about a 4% acceptance rate.It''s also ranked as the 7th best university in the world based on reputation.
Do they teach football, what did he study ?

Kin arsebiscuits.

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

I'll tell you what put Einstein in charge huh?

He'll physics his way through everything, imagine him sitting Rodrigo down at a table going through pi, i gets a feeling he'd start training.

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:21 am I would hazard a guess that ' the yank ' is a lot brighter then most if not all the people on this forum, given that he went to Princeton University, which has one of the most demanding acceptance rates in the world for any university - it's about a 4% acceptance rate.It''s also ranked as the 7th best university in the world based on reputation.

By the way, was the last manager ever referred to as ' an Argie ' by any of the fans ? Or references to the Falklands conflict etc ?
Is “yank” derogatory? Maybe our friends from the US of A can enlighten us on that one.
I don’t remember Argie being used although the Falklands did come up. I think someone mentioned about MB’s brother being tortured by the military junta than attempted to take the Falklands. Might be wrong
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Jaydog wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:52 am Is “yank” derogatory? Maybe our friends from the US of A can enlighten us on that one.
I don’t remember Argie being used although the Falklands did come up. I think someone mentioned about MB’s brother being tortured by the military junta than attempted to take the Falklands. Might be wrong
I would say it's about the same as ' Argie ' and I never heard anybody refer to MB as an 'Argie. ' If I had heard it I would definitely have thought that it was derogatory.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I wuldn't have thought Yank is seen as a derogatory term after all you have the baseball team New York Yankees (although possibly Boston folk might object due to their rivalry with New York so it might be akin to calling a scouser a manc etc).

I don't know whether Argie would be seen as a dergotary term either given it is just short for Argentinian. I guess it depends on how it is said as for example calling someone a Paki was deemed racist but you could argue it was short for Pakistani but it was more how it would be used and usaully used alongside insulting language.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

1. Informal A native or inhabitant of a northern US state, especially a Union soldier during the Civil War.
2. Chiefly British A native or inhabitant of the United States.

FFS! Jesus, wtf is wrong with children these days, get a thicker tougher skin if words hurts you fer gawds sake, grow up it's a tough world out there!

Signed :

A Pommie git.

;@)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

weasel wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:14 am I wuldn't have thought Yank is seen as a derogatory term after all you have the baseball team New York Yankees (although possibly Boston folk might object due to their rivalry with New York so it might be akin to calling a scouser a manc etc).

I don't know whether Argie would be seen as a dergotary term either given it is just short for Argentinian. I guess it depends on how it is said as for example calling someone a Paki was deemed racist but you could argue it was short for Pakistani but it was more how it would be used and usaully used alongside insulting language.
The end bit is right. How it’s used. Paki is racist, historically there’s no argument against that. Same with Chinky. Racist.
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Kennyb41 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:24 am Do they teach football, what did he study ?

Kin arsebiscuits.
He was an extremely good player for the university apparently. Do you actually know anything about him ?
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Jaydog wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:18 pm The end bit is right. How it’s used. Paki is racist, historically there’s no argument against that. Same with Chinky. Racist.
I agree that it's how ' Yank ' is used that makes the difference, and whether it implies a sense of superiority.

As the way 'Yank ' was used was " WTF ! Is this a pre prepared get out clause for the Yank " then the use of the word ' THE ' before Yank IMO is derogatory.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:14 pm He was an extremely good player for the university apparently. Do you actually know anything about him ?
Tbh, naff, absolutely naff all prior to his arrival here, same as i'd never even heard of Bert, the only thing i know is summert to do with Red Bull somebody or other and that Ralf guy at Scum, i know a bit more now, but not a lot.

So like Bert he has a clean slate as far as i'm concerned, and my honest thought about Bert in his first game team selection was..."ffs wtf have we got ourselves here then!!!....he's going with the same fcking garbage the last 87 managers have tried and failed with!!...at least i thought he would try would be some new faces ffs!!! "

And then that Stoke game started.
My jaw was on the floor after 90 mins.

;@)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:14 pm He was an extremely good player for the university apparently. Do you actually know anything about him ?
Jesse actually plays in one of the teams in the 45-minute kickabouts at Thorp Arch :-D
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Jaydog wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:52 am Is “yank” derogatory? Maybe our friends from the US of A can enlighten us on that one.
Unfortunately, I couldn't tell you as I'm not a "yank". Will let John in Louisiana chime in as he is born here I believe.