Marcelo Bielsa

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Rook
First Team
First Team

Re: Bielsa gone- RUMOUR now done

Post by Rook »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:34 pm You obviously have no idea what psychopathy is to make a comment like that. Or what narcissism is for that matter.

If you want, you can discuss it with my sister who works as a psychiatric nurse.

But I'm guessing that you would probably profess to know more than her on the subject as well.

That probably says more about you than anybody else......But oh whatever.
It's not worth the effort.

I joined this forum to talk Leeds United, not to get into an argument with a jobbing pseudo intellectual who is peddling 'ITK' hearsay as facts about a beloved outgoing Leeds United manager in order to get 'importance points' on the forum.

You do you.

:tup:
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Rook wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:31 pm If you want, you can discuss it with my sister who works as a psychiatric nurse.

But I'm guessing that you would probably profess to know more than her on the subject as well.

That probably says more about you than anybody else......But oh whatever.
It's not worth the effort.

I joined this forum to talk Leeds United, not to get into an argument with a jobbing pseudo intellectual who is peddling 'ITK' hearsay as facts about a beloved outgoing Leeds United manager in order to get 'importance points' on the forum.

You do you.

:tup:
It's you that's made a big fuss about the whole thing - you didn't need to comment.

Sorry - but I've never been into the Bielsa cult worship thing - my interest is in LUFC not in Marcelo Bielsa FC.

A far as I'm concerned results speak for themselves - 17 goals conceded and 2 scored in MB's last four games, which turned the club into a laughing stock, and with some of the senior players seemingly in revolt regarding his dogmatic and ' it's not negotiable ' approach to mangement. My support is fully with the new manager, who - unlike the Bielsa sycophants - I am right behind.

I would have thought that the players are relieved to have a manager who can now talk to them without the need for a translator.

I wonder what people in Kyiv would think about right now about people shedding tears for a sacked football manager who was on £8m a year ?

And if you don't like what I write then just block me - simples.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

" I want the defence to give it to the offence, then the offence to give it to the defence, then the defence run toward the long ball area and the offence to give it to the wide receiver, who aims it at the forward man, while the defence attacks their offence who etc etc etc"

" what about me i'm in midfield Ted"

" Where's that"
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Mountain wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:16 pm Just did a search on "Bielsa humble", loads of articles and news stories citing example after example.

Also did a search on "Bielsa narcissistic" and you know...there isn't one article or story out there supporting your theory.

Being the only, or one of very few, with a theory never makes it wrong, it just needs more evidence.

And confidence in your methods is not narcissism. In fact you and others slated him for his loyalty, now he's being slated for giving players "the highway"!
He's gone - get over it and support the new manager.

Or do you want the club relegated to serve it right for having the nerve to sack your idol ?

I'm 100% behind the new manager, as I'm a LUFC fan not a Marcelo Bielsa FC fan.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:11 am I would have thought that the players are relieved to have a manager who can now talk to them without the need for a translator.

I wonder what people in Kyiv would think about right now about people shedding tears for a sacked football manager who was on £8m a year ?
I noticed that in another thread, the whole "foreigner/Argie" stuff. It's as people forgot all of this when the results were good!

I don't follow your "people of Kyiv" point, do they really want Marsch to do well? It's a rather strange take.
CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:16 am He's gone - get over it and support the new manager.

Or do you want the club relegated to serve it right for having the nerve to sack your idol ?

Again, I'm not sure I follow your logic.

Does this mean your theories about narcissism and psychology are correct?

You are on the Bielsa gone thread. It's a bit strange to say stop talking about Bielsa on a thread about Bielsa!
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by billysboots »

Any player with a grievance about tactics or training methods would have been reluctant to come forward while Leeds were winning games and the coach being so popular ( untouchable?).
When we started to concede so many goals and lose games it probably gave them courage to confront Bielsa.
There Is Only One United.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:16 am
I'm a fan of Leeds, Biesla and also of Marsch.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

billysboots wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:59 am Any player with a grievance about tactics or training methods would have been reluctant to come forward while Leeds were winning games and the coach being so popular ( untouchable?).
When we started to concede so many goals and lose games it probably gave them courage to confront Bielsa.
After 3 years of beautiful football, some pounced on him for 4 terrible results.

Blinkered?

Or Money orientated?

:shhh:
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Re: How has Bielsa made you feel?

Post by Sara »

Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

SaraM wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:33 am Listen to this:

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/t ... d349091786
Listened to this TSB Propaganda ‘Bielsa’ episode this evening, Sara.

As the vast majority of the podcast contributors suggest the legacy of MB’s presence at ER has extended far beyond the white lines of a football pitch 🙂
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Thank you for posting that Sara, wonderful, moving and comforting to listen to!
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:47 pm Thank you for posting that Sara, wonderful, moving and comforting to listen to!
It's certainly a fine rallying point for all the hipsters, anti-vaxxers, scientologists and American hating ideologues who are willing Leeds to fail.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

SaraM wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:33 am Listen to this:

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/t ... d349091786
This is The Square Ball & The One Channel Debrief podcasts I post up on the Leeds United bloggers topic, two worthwhile blogs White Riot & myself recommend to all Leeds fans.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Paywall, looks an interesting read for 3 seconds, could you please copy n paste.

;@)
Musicman1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: The Bielsa

Post by Musicman1965 »

Yes its a good choice to honor a great manager that has guided Leeds to the Premiership.
Not sure about the new guest beers available.

Leaky Defence - Blind Roberts - Lack Attack - Patricks Away.
Bucket Bum and that old favourite - Orta Go.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Re: The Bielsa

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Nice touch so long as it’s only for the rest of the season. Leeds United’s nickname comes from that pub I believe, we wouldn’t want to lose that connection would we?
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

This manager knows less than most fans

Post by weasel »

Guardiola has claimed he would've been relegated had he been at the Elland Road helm instead of Bielsa and also believes his dominant Barcelona side would've won even more under the latter's watch. He told Telemundo Sports: "Give Bielsa my Barcelona and see how much [more] he wins. Give me his Leeds side, and we would be in the Championship."
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Re: This manager knows less than most fans

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Nice accolade to his mentor and friend, but does that mean that if Marsch keeps us up he’s a better manager than Pep?
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: This manager knows less than most fans

Post by Jaydog »

Oh god, don’t let Kenny see that.
Purely pointless conjecture anyway. If Bielsa is the greatest manager ever (according to Pep);
A. Why has he only won the Championship
B. Why didn’t Barca (amongst others) give him the gig.

Also Pep basically admitting he’s not that good, just lucky. Like Marsch