1964white wrote: ↑Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:30 am
Our board have the cash to improve our squad, problem is will Orta bring in the right players for Marsch to work with? Imo, we wasted £40 million last summer. I have my doubts & fear for next season right now
Our issue this season wasn't the signings we made it was the injuries to the squad married to a lack of a key signing in midfield.
James wasn't bought to play as a striker, he is a wide player, Firpo had to step into a make-shift defence that was being exposed by a non existent midfield and time again he was a sick note too.
And we really do need to get over crying about how much we spend or didn't spend, the money is there in every Prem club now, the problem is attracting the right type or player to consider Leeds as an option.
Marsch OUT
Football has undergone a process of bielsification; pressing and possessing, passing rather than dribbling, intercepting high up the field rather than making last-ditch tackles, are in vogue.
Kennyb41 wrote: ↑Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:52 pm
Most here Weasel haven't a fcking scoobie how Bert intended to use James in the future.
And it wasn't in a lone striker or any sort of fcking striker role.
And Gawd only knows what this out of his depth Yank is gonna do with him, or any of the other fcking halfwits for that matter.
You just need to read most of the comments that followed your post to see how many people simply didn't understand Bielsa at all.
Bielsa was an artist and Leeds was his canvas. Everyone could look at it and say that's good, I like that. Some will look at it and say it's okay but doesn't look exactly like it is, it's not as good as a photograph. Some will say I liked it but it's a bit faded now and I think I would prefer something else. Others will see true beauty and fully appreciate what they saw. No one though will see what the artist saw and exactly know what he was trying to capture and portray. We were touched by genius and it was beautiful.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm
I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm
Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
BGwhite wrote: ↑Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:52 pm
We definitely would have a chance of winning when the opposition have no keeper, 100% agree there SG. I know what you meant really
Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk
Given some of our shooting I still wouldn't be confident!
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm
I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm
Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
Rook wrote: ↑Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:47 pmWhen we signed Daniel James, i did think for awhile that Bielsa .was gong to move Raphinha into ' the Pablo/Saiz ' role
That way we'd have Raph, James and Harrison all in the starting lineup.
But..... Nope.
We literally bought 2 left wingers last summer, costing us around £36m.
I mean, if Bamford wasn't injured, it looks like Harrison would have spent most of this season on the bench.
My thoughts too, Rook. I actually made a topic about Raphinha playing down the middle. Not the case as we were obsessed with signing wingers, so much so, we end up playing three wingers in our team.
weasel wrote: ↑Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:57 pm
You just need to read most of the comments that followed your post to see how many people simply didn't understand Bielsa at all.
Bielsa was an artist and Leeds was his canvas. Everyone could look at it and say that's good, I like that. Some will look at it and say it's okay but doesn't look exactly like it is, it's not as good as a photograph. Some will say I liked it but it's a bit faded now and I think I would prefer something else. Others will see true beauty and fully appreciate what they saw. No one though will see what the artist saw and exactly know what he was trying to capture and portray. We were touched by genius and it was beautiful.
Yep, Bert started with a canvas that was sooooooooooooooooooooo blank it looked like Daz had washed it.
I'd say his canvas was about a quarter painted at the time of his departure.
Big Jesse has inherited a damn sight more than Berts Grot lot.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
1964white wrote: ↑Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:36 pm
But we already had Raphinha & Harrison, both more productive than DJ & value for money signings.
That 25 million could have been spent elsewhere in our mishmash squad, but we were fixated with signing James.
Yeah he was a last minute buy and as Rook said many wondered if Raph was going to be used as a 10..
By his purchase it was obvious that Costa wasn't cutting it and at the time Harrison was way off, but I think James only came in after it was obvious there was no AMF to bring in. Also by the time that James signed there was no one else coming in. Buying back up strikers in the Prem isn't a luxury we could afford I am afraid.
And if Bielsa had been given the chance to play him as a winger I reckon we would be well out of danger
Marsch OUT
Football has undergone a process of bielsification; pressing and possessing, passing rather than dribbling, intercepting high up the field rather than making last-ditch tackles, are in vogue.
He wanted Dan after he saw his speed and workrate at Swansea and if i remember right initially wanted him whilst we were pushing for promotion in the Championship, a young lad withs bags of speed, enthusiasm, workrate and can be worked on that someone like Pablo could put balls through for his speed to latch onto cutting in, a fixation? no...he probably just said to the clown, that lads handy if you can get him - get him. So off the clown went and we know what happened next. So then he becomes available and off the clown goes again with his cheque book and his bucket and spade.
There you go Bert you said you wanted him yonks back, now i've got him for you while we're now in the Prem, so get to work and i'm off on a scouting mission ( jolly) to the Bahamas there's a promising black winger there so i've been told.
See you in a month.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
William wrote: ↑Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:50 pm
Yeah he was a last minute buy and as Rook said many wondered if Raph was going to be used as a 10..
By his purchase it was obvious that Costa wasn't cutting it and at the time Harrison was way off, but I think James only came in after it was obvious there was no AMF to bring in. Also by the time that James signed there was no one else coming in. Buying back up strikers in the Prem isn't a luxury we could afford I am afraid.
And if Bielsa had been given the chance to play him as a winger I reckon we would be well out of danger
For me, and this may not be what Bielsa had intended, I saw us having a very fluid front 3 behind Bamford and this was 3 from Harrison, James, Raphinha and Rodrigo with lots of interchanging so that at times in any match any of them would be in the no.10 role and any of them could find themselves on any wing. This would have made it so hard for them to be manmarked and created so much danger up front. I think James would have predominantly started as the no.10 due to his ability to carry the ball at such speed - sort of how Saiz was employed but with far more speed.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm
I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm
Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
We will be in the championship when the season start again in August and we know who we are going to loose. We will need a new team to be honest. At least no less than 6 new players. Who is going to come to a championship side?. Only realistically Norwich or Watford players or championship or league 1 players. Cannot see in any way aaronsson coming to play for Leeds in the championship never mind radzianni parting with over 30m for him. It is a real mess