Radrizzani

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
Finnatic
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6704
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:47 pm

Re: Time to go Radz

Post by Finnatic »

DDB220 wrote: ↑Sun May 08, 2022 3:46 pm Sometimes better the devil you know. We could have Ashley bidding if the current incumbents decide to sell up.
Agreed
If someone comes in with more clout financially and with some morals,preferably, then yes I don’t mind him staying.
Orta and Kinnear? There has to be better surely.
CanuckMightyWhite
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 352
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:04 pm

Re: Time to go Radz

Post by CanuckMightyWhite »

However bad this may appear to many, I actually want someone like QSI to buy us. Football isn't a level playing field and we need the scummiest richest owner out there.
danhirons
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3881
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:21 pm

Re: Time to go Radz

Post by danhirons »

Cjay wrote: ↑Sun May 08, 2022 3:32 pm Radz's biggest mistake was allowing the 49ers to get involved

It has clearly clearly caused issues in the boardroom and that absolutely will impact the club.

Never warmed to Radz, Bielsa was his best decision but the public outbursts, the rants on twitter, the constant deluded me me comments "when we get to the Premier League then I play and I wanted to appoint Conte for £20mil a year and the I want to buy Cavani and Zlatan or the Wolves rant, still waiting for these contacts.to pay off Radz?

Far to arrogant for me and to visible, loved to brag and make it about him.

Deserves credit for promotion but so much cringe stuff and getting us wrapped up with a leeching venture capital group not to mention using the club to benefit his own business matters by making us play in a country experiencing a genocide is shameful and as disgraceful a thing as any other owner has ever done.

Heart was always in the right place but meh
Interested to know what makes you think there has been any issue with the 49ers and their investment?!
Leeds1000
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4157
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:11 pm

Re: Time to go Radz

Post by Leeds1000 »

Radz will be feeling it more than most. How much value will R wipe from his investment. Time for the 49ers to show us some of that bottomless (Glazers style) pit of money they have been promising us.

Personally i have no problem with Radz he got us promoted back to the promise land with limited experience and finance, Orta can take some credit for that aswell for recomending Bielsa.... but that's where the pleasantries stop regards Orta for me. Without Bielsa turning our average players into top 10 PL players last season we would still be on the Championship merry-go-round.
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41698
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Time to go Radz

Post by Cjay »

danhirons wrote: ↑Sun May 08, 2022 4:22 pm Interested to know what makes you think there has been any issue with the 49ers and their investment?!
Few things.

First of all Radz had to go and do interviews before and hint at other investors to try and get more money out of the 49ers, wasn't a good sign for me, one owner having to do public to try and get the other to help more

Secondly the way Radz reacted to the Phil Hay article about the 49ers having a potential deal to buy Radz out. He was furious about the article that clearly came from the 49ers end and was seemingly determined to show he was still the boss.

Finally (and I admit it's a rumour) but the source is seemingly reliable. The 49ers offered Radz money to fund the January window but only if he sold more shares to them. They wouldn't inject capital as they have the option to do as a shareholder, they only cared about what they could get out of it.

Radz refused as he only cared about his shares and therefore two owners who only thought about themselves and were at loggerheads with neither willing to invest without there own benefits.

And the same sources have said that tension between the two shareholders has been there for a long time with disagreements over funding and all sorts.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
DDB220
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7069
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:17 am

Re: Time to go Radz

Post by DDB220 »

Cjay wrote: ↑Sun May 08, 2022 4:32 pm Few things.

First of all Radz had to go and do interviews before and hint at other investors to try and get more money out of the 49ers, wasn't a good sign for me, one owner having to do public to try and get the other to help more

Secondly the way Radz reacted to the Phil Hay article about the 49ers having a potential deal to buy Radz out. He was furious about the article that clearly came from the 49ers end and was seemingly determined to show he was still the boss.

Finally (and I admit it's a rumour) but the source is seemingly reliable. The 49ers offered Radz money to fund the January window but only if he sold more shares to them. They wouldn't inject capital as they have the option to do as a shareholder, they only cared about what they could get out of it.

Radz refused as he only cared about his shares and therefore two owners who only thought about themselves and were at loggerheads with neither willing to invest without there own benefits.

And the same sources have said that tension between the two shareholders has been there for a long time with disagreements over funding f what you are saying and all sorts.
CJAY - not sure how you are reaching the conclusions you are based upon your sources . A lot of what you are suggesting appears merely speculative based upon the source narrative. Whilst I have no doubt protecting their respective investments will be almost certain - the suggestion that that is all they care about is a bit of a stretch. Radz does make some I’ll considered tweets etc but I think he cares deeply for the club. He is not a stay away owner and the passion is evident.
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41698
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Time to go Radz

Post by Cjay »

DDB220 wrote: ↑Sun May 08, 2022 5:14 pm CJAY - not sure how you are reaching the conclusions you are based upon your sources . A lot of what you are suggesting appears merely speculative based upon the source narrative. Whilst I have no doubt protecting their respective investments will be almost certain - the suggestion that that is all they care about is a bit of a stretch. Radz does make some I’ll considered tweets etc but I think he cares deeply for the club. He is not a stay away owner and the passion is evident.
Sources aren't mine DD, on another forum but they are apparently reliable people according to those on that forum.

Radz reaction though to the Phil Hay article wasn't normal.

It was an emotional response to something that had really annoyed him.

Just my view, I don't think Radz reacts like he did if things are harmonious and he did say in an interview in 2020 that he "expected the 49ers to step up.more". A rather strong use of words in a public interview I'd say.

As I said it's just my view based on the evidence, it is speculation but the evidence is there imo to suggest that things aren't well behind the scenes.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23126
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Time to go Radz

Post by SG90 »

On the positive side, we might attract decent investors as a Championship side. The price will plummet.
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41698
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Time to go Radz

Post by Cjay »

Great job lads
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41698
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Time to go Radz

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: ↑Sun May 08, 2022 6:41 pm On the positive side, we might attract decent investors as a Championship side. The price will plummet.
Venture capitalists have no need to sell unfortunately.

They can hang on.

Its Radz who will likely sell if anyone and not sure he even can afford to?

Certainly isn't getting £100s of millions for 55% of a Championship side.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23126
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Time to go Radz

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: ↑Sun May 08, 2022 7:09 pm Venture capitalists have no need to sell unfortunately.

They can hang on.

Its Radz who will likely sell if anyone and not sure he even can afford to?

Certainly isn't getting £100s of millions for 55% of a Championship side.
Well that's his fault, but he will take the parachute payments in return.
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41698
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Time to go Radz

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: ↑Sun May 08, 2022 7:10 pm Well that's his fault, but he will take the parachute payments in return.
He very well may.

I am not his accountant but I suspect LUFC was his big pay day.

I can't imagine Eleven Sports is hugely profitable and fa's as I've read Radz and his old business partner were still being sued for £500million by the Chinese company they sold there sports media firm to that went bust soon after.

So if that is the case I'd imagine he is under massive financial strain trying to fight a huge state owned corporation in court

Edit

Yep still ongoing

https://inf.news/en/economy/9309ac66238 ... bb983.html
Last edited by Cjay on Sun May 08, 2022 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155168
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Time to go Radz

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: ↑Sun May 08, 2022 3:36 pm He must be s**tting bricks as well.

No way he can afford another Championship club.
The glum look of fear on the Three Stooges faces in the directors box was telling.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23126
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Time to go Radz

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: ↑Sun May 08, 2022 7:18 pm He very well may.

I am not his accountant but I suspect LUFC was his big pay day.

I can't imagine Eleven Sports is hugely profitable and fa's as I've read Radz and his old business partner were still being sued for £500million by the Chinese company they sold there sports media firm to that went bust soon after.

So if that is the case I'd imagine he is under massive financial strain trying to fight a huge state owned corporation in court

Edit

Yep still ongoing

https://inf.news/en/economy/9309ac66238 ... bb983.html
That explains why he's tried to milk the club for as much as possible.

He's got away with it for far too long from our fan base. Even in 18/19 he cost us promotion, by not replacing Saiz and being overconfident in December. Tried to do it on the cheap in 19/20 selling our players and replacing them with loans, but got away with it.

I suspect the club thought we were safe after West Ham, which is why we didn't recruit anyone.
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41698
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Time to go Radz

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: ↑Sun May 08, 2022 7:29 pm That explains why he's tried to milk the club for as much as possible.

He's got away with it for far too long from our fan base. Even in 18/19 he cost us promotion, by not replacing Saiz and being overconfident in December. Tried to do it on the cheap in 19/20 selling our players and replacing them with loans, but got away with it.

I suspect the club thought we were safe after West Ham, which is why we didn't recruit anyone.
Radz has never really invested much despite his protestations, the 49ers have never invested a penny directly either.

We got promoted thanks to Bielsa and spirit and.then did spend tbf but spent poorly and took loans out against the TV money.

The arrogance though has oozed out of the club for ages. Kinnear giving ludicrous interviews about 2 years of transfer in 1 and stupidly comparing an independent regulator to maoism
Mocking second season syndrome to I remember in notes I think.

The arrogance of the club has cost us this year and the cheapness and selfishness of the owners.

I really do believe the money wasn't available in January and the Aaronson transfer was just an attempt to placate the fans (Salzburg were adamant all window he wouldn't be sold).

We then had Kinnear again talking crap about needing to spend £10million to improve on our academy players :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23126
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Time to go Radz

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: ↑Sun May 08, 2022 7:45 pm Radz has never really invested much despite his protestations, the 49ers have never invested a penny directly either.

We got promoted thanks to Bielsa and spirit and.then did spend tbf but spent poorly and took loans out against the TV money.

The arrogance though has oozed out of the club for ages. Kinnear giving ludicrous interviews about 2 years of transfer in 1 and stupidly comparing an independent regulator to maoism
Mocking second season syndrome to I remember in notes I think.

The arrogance of the club has cost us this year and the cheapness and selfishness of the owners.

I really do believe the money wasn't available in January and the Aaronson transfer was just an attempt to placate the fans (Salzburg were adamant all window he wouldn't be sold).

We then had Kinnear again talking crap about needing to spend £10million to improve on our academy players :lol:
He claimed he's invested £100m, but the accounts show only £39m of owner funding over 4 years, most of it I suspect was shares from 49ers.

If there's no money, where was it going? Radz' back pocket I suspect.

Kinnear is an embarrassment.

I think we all know Aaronson was a fake bid trying to play up to the fans who were rightly angry at no signings.
Last edited by SG90 on Sun May 08, 2022 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41698
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Time to go Radz

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: ↑Sun May 08, 2022 7:54 pm He claimed he's invested £100m, but the accounts show only £39m of owner funding over 4 years, most of it I suspect was shares from 49ers.

If there's no money, where was it going? Radz' back pocket I suspect.

Kinnear is an embarrassment.
Tbf I imagine Radz total financial commitment to LUFC is around £100-150mil.

£45m I think he spent to buy the club.

Stadium was £20mil.

And then everytime the 49ers "invested" all they did was buy Radz shares then he invested the money so technically it was Radz cash not the 49ers.

And in terms of shares the venture capitalists have bought about £70mil I think so that in total is about £130mil.

Unfortunately though in a football club including purchasing one that is peanuts.

This is a world where teams received £100s of millions of investment not including stadiums and actually purchase prices.

Teams like Leicester and Brighton (who Radz said he wanted to copy) have received £200,£300mil after purchase.

£130mil in total is small.

I think that was always Radz issue, clearly a successful man but in football terms he is tiny.

In a world of multi billionaires he is tiny and I think he knew that very quickly hence why he went cap.in hand to venture capitalists
Last edited by Cjay on Sun May 08, 2022 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 15035
Joined: Sun May 18, 2003 1:34 pm
Twitter: @motforum
Location: Leeds
Contact:

Re: Time to go Radz

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Cjay wrote: ↑Sun May 08, 2022 3:32 pm Radz's biggest mistake was allowing the 49ers to get involved

Feel like we are stuck in a no mans land, two parties owning 50% of the club with neither prepared to invest. Radz waiting for his pay day, 49ers waiting until they have full control.
Overman
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3324
Joined: Wed May 15, 2019 11:04 pm

Re: Time to go Radz

Post by Overman »

Cjay wrote: ↑Sun May 08, 2022 7:07 pm
Great job lads
Yep and astoundingly, they couldn't find players 'better than we already have'.
Mountain
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:20 am

Re: Time to go Radz

Post by Mountain »

DDB220 wrote: ↑Sun May 08, 2022 3:27 pm Give over - stupid thread. Yeah he has allowed complacency to lead his decision making but until he came along we were a mid table Championship team at best.
Cellini was better ?
Absolute ridiculous statement.
Half agree.

It's not stupid. In fact fans complaining about owners is as old as football itself. And he has made lots of mistakes and bad calls, he seems thin skinned to criticism, I thought his conduct around the Bielsa sacking was classless and exempting himself from any blame was poor judgement.

But still, I think his heart in the right place, I'd rather the steam of his pi55 than any QSI type owner, and I think ultimately he has a problem that's always hard to overcome. He's just one of the poorest owners at the top table.
Post Reply