Here's to our third season in the top flight

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
VinnysTattoo
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1009
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:55 pm

Re: Here's to our third season in the top flight

Post by VinnysTattoo »

I cried at the final whistle.

Just pure relief.

It’s been a really really sh.it season.

17th.

We stayed up by the skin of our teeth.

Marsch has got my backing because he’s the guy in charge. I just hope the football gets better.

Some summer ahead regarding personnel.

Doubt I’ll sleep tonight.
WhiteRose
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3693
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:24 pm

Re: Here's to our third season in the top flight

Post by WhiteRose »

Playing devils advocate it’s hard to tell whether the quality of transfers or lack thereof were Bielsa or Orta - those that came in certainly had Bielsa approval, he was a bit obsessed with Dan James after all. We have no choice in the matter and the proof will be in the pudding but aaronson looks a good start but hope to see another 5 or 6 following him in, we need at least a 24 man first team squad none of this 18 + youngsters bullshit.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155173
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Here's to our third season in the top flight

Post by 1964white »

VinnysTattoo wrote: ↑Sun May 22, 2022 8:47 pm I cried at the final whistle.

Just pure relief.

It’s been a really really sh.it season.

17th.

We stayed up by the skin of our teeth.

Marsch has got my backing because he’s the guy in charge. I just hope the football gets better.

Some summer ahead regarding personnel.

Doubt I’ll sleep tonight.
Yes, sheer relief Vinny

I'm just glad the season is all over now :-D
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79003
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Here's to our third season in the top flight

Post by The Subhuman »

HarryofOz wrote: ↑Sun May 22, 2022 5:03 pm What a turn around

Year after year after year in the lower leagues

Then along comes Radz and Orta and co running the club


Along comes Bielsa and Marsch and their coaching staff

Along come all those players who have played their part

And its our third season in a row in the top flight coming up

Super super super Leeds
4 good seasons now with them at the helm ..
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155173
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Here's to our third season in the top flight

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: ↑Sun May 22, 2022 11:23 pm 4 good seasons now with them at the helm ..
This wasn't a good season, mate

We've just survive by the skin of our teeth. Great scenes today, but overall we've been poor!
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79003
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Here's to our third season in the top flight

Post by The Subhuman »

60sUnited wrote: ↑Sun May 22, 2022 6:18 pm Orta must be given the boot....any fool can see that... BUT....
Then I'm a fool .. But then I rate Gelhardt, Struijk, Raphinha, Koch, Llorente, Summerville, Hjelde, Drameh, Greenwood, Miller, Bate and a few other Orta buys... Clearly you don't ..
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79003
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Here's to our third season in the top flight

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: ↑Sun May 22, 2022 11:26 pm This wasn't a good season, mate

We've just survive by the skin of our teeth. Great scenes today, but overall we've been poor!
It was a season I expected, and if your not top 6 any team could be in a relegation battle ... Everton were supposed to challenge the top 6 this year.

But then I didn't panic, I even posted on waccoe that was a good team he put out and for the most part we out played Brentford at their place... and this, baring in mind, only the first time we've started the same defence consecutively IIRC .. Defences are only any good if there's continuity, we've had none...

We had the good teams hitting form at the worst times ...
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1844
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:18 pm

Re: Here's to our third season in the top flight

Post by Boo Radley »

1964white wrote: ↑Sun May 22, 2022 8:29 pm So if we lose our best two players in Raphinha & Phillips, we're going to need some proper shrewd recruitment.

I personally feel selling your best players is the wrong thing to do, we should be building a squad around them, there are others who should be moved on.
Now that’s vision and ambition 64 and I think you’re bang on the money!

Why is everyone saying that we will lose both Raphinha and Philips. Of course it’s possible but both are in contracts and we can keep them. We know they fit in every sense. We could spend all their transfer money and have less talent, less team harmony and no bigger return on the field.

Of course the only way that they will agree to stay is if someone sells them the vision and the plan to make future seasons different. If the determination to improve the squad is shown to them then we could get at least another season out of both.

You can also factor in that of both perform well in the World Cup (which they should) then their value will rise much higher.

Finally, from today’s effort and celebrations afterwards, neither were anything other than 100% thrilled with the result and the escape they had secured for us. They didn’t look like players that were just “moving on”.

It’s worth a try at least - unless of course there is no great plan, or funds to go with such a strategy. Let’s see Orta and Radz earn their corn in the coming weeks. I, for one, will view the two of these players leaving as a really bad omen.
User avatar
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2377
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:29 pm
Location: Santa Monica, USA

Re: Here's to our third season in the top flight

Post by Lumiukko »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: ↑Sun May 22, 2022 8:21 pm Looks like we'll have some good money coming in from Raphinha. Talk of James leaving. And I'd cash in on one CB, given that Cresswell, Strujik and Hjelde are all ready to play more. That said, we do need someone that can play the attacking midfield role and a number 10. Raphinha money should be enough to cover 2 signings there. Improvement at left back and right back? Maybe. Although I could see Drameh pushing Ayling. I even think Fripo showed improvement at the end.

But yeah, I'd be looking at about 3 or 4 first team signings, mostly to better fit Jesse's 4-2-2-2. That would be covered by money from outgoing transfers.
Good to see you posting again. Started to think you'd quit the forum; it's been a while
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79003
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Here's to our third season in the top flight

Post by The Subhuman »

Aaronson would be a good start ... Need to see if we can get Kalvin to stay. Raph looked like he loved Leeds today so you never know I guess, just depends who's whispering in his ear.

But it will be a nice pay day if he goes, and I expect us to spend 100M plus this summer .. not forgetting there are 7-8 better draws as clubs,
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79003
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Here's to our third season in the top flight

Post by The Subhuman »

I've enjoyed this season again tbh, I've enjoyed MOT less as it's got an agenda and bias that's tough to shake.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1844
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:18 pm

Re: Here's to our third season in the top flight

Post by Boo Radley »

faaip wrote: ↑Sun May 22, 2022 11:47 pm I've enjoyed this season again tbh, I've enjoyed MOT less as it's got an agenda and bias that's tough to shake.
I think that’s harsh faaip. There are people on here with agendas, that’s for sure, but the I don’t think you can say the forum has.

There’s still a wide variety of opinions on everything, and some people take up more space than others but there is still room here for everyone. I’ve enjoyed the forum immensely in a tetchy, stressful year - and that’s saying something.
User avatar
Changnoy
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 122
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:06 am
Location: Pattaya Thailand

Re: Here's to our third season in the top flight

Post by Changnoy »

Now 2nd season syndrome is over....we'll win it next year 🤔😂🤣
Clacton White
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2071
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:56 pm

Re: Here's to our third season in the top flight

Post by Clacton White »

Changnoy wrote: ↑Mon May 23, 2022 3:33 am Now 2nd season syndrome is over....we'll win it next year 🤔😂🤣
Yes , that baton is now passed to Brentford !
User avatar
andrewjohnsmith
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 13058
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)

Re: Here's to our third season in the top flight

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Lumiukko wrote: ↑Sun May 22, 2022 11:43 pm Good to see you posting again. Started to think you'd quit the forum; it's been a while
Been a rough 6 months. SHould have more time now
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155173
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Here's to our third season in the top flight

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: ↑Sun May 22, 2022 11:47 pm I've enjoyed this season again tbh, I've enjoyed MOT less as it's got an agenda and bias that's tough to shake.
We are opposite on the score.

I haven't enjoyed the season at all, only four victories at ER, one of them I missed as we were on holiday.

Attended 23 games & seen us win only four games.

A calamity season imo, at least we survived & retained our Premier League status!

MOT is not a bad place, it's relatively mild in comparison to other football forums.
User avatar
Johnboy1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 812
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:53 am

Re: Here's to our third season in the top flight

Post by Johnboy1965 »

Season has been a nightmare!
Some of the football has been dire and getting trounced week in week out by the top 6 has not been fun at all.
I don't want us to be in a position where we are relying on others on the last day of the season to survive.
In the most I've enjoyed it on MOT and despite differences of opinions, in the main the only agenda has been to want what's best for our club.
User avatar
Changnoy
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 122
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:06 am
Location: Pattaya Thailand

Re: Here's to our third season in the top flight

Post by Changnoy »

Clacton White wrote: ↑Mon May 23, 2022 7:09 am Yes , that baton is now passed to Brentford !
Yes true..but as a Bees fan aswell..i hope they dont have as shitty a 2nd as we have had. 🥺
And it was nice of them to have a crap day in front of goal..even with help from Cap Coops and our defence. 😁
SG90
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23126
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Here's to our third season in the top flight

Post by SG90 »

Hopefully we can at least try in the cups now. I'd target the Carabao Cup. If top 6 play their reserves, then let's try and get to Wembley!
User avatar
mentalcase
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 10414
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:19 pm

Re: Here's to our third season in the top flight

Post by mentalcase »

It will be an interesting summer for all concerned, it bothers me not regarding orta, that is down to AR to sort out.....or not.
We have some cracking young talent , that along with 2/3 more signings should keep us in good stead, a good understanding of the tactics is needed in pre-season, it will be a new dawn for JM and Co, they will have my full backing, if we finish in the PL again next season I'll be pleased, further up the league is a bonus, last season we finished strongly, but in reality, punched above our weight, we don't have the financial clout to compete with most teams, certainly the shocking big spenders, but, if we get the right additions, and the commitment to match JM's, we will hopefully survive and push onwards and upwards.
" Man is not affected by events but by the view he takes of them "
Post Reply