Potential LUFC striker poll- Dan Moylan says the striker was Nketiah

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Who would you sign?

Eddie Nketiah
3
10%
Che Adams
2
7%
Takumi Minamino
4
13%
Armando Broja
3
10%
Patson Daka
9
30%
Other (please specify)
9
30%
 
Total votes: 30

User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155155
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Potential LUFC striker poll

Post by 1964white »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Tue May 24, 2022 10:17 pm We have a wonderful talent right under our nose in JG. I prefer him to any of the above so the one who would compliment him the most I suppose.
Joe definitely has to play a pivitol role in our squad.

We need at least one striker, maybe two. We can't go into next season with just Bamford & Gelhardt.

Who we sign, I'm unsure :duno: is there a Yeboah lurking around somewhere?
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41696
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Potential LUFC striker poll

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: ↑Wed May 25, 2022 11:04 am Joe definitely has to play a pivitol role in our squad.

We need at least one striker, maybe two. We can't go into next season with just Bamford & Gelhardt.

Who we sign, I'm unsure :duno: is there a Yeboah lurking around somewhere?
In Genoa Italy :)

They signed Kelvin Yeboah, nephew of Tony.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
Chilli D
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 8782
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm

Re: Potential LUFC striker poll

Post by Chilli D »

whiteinfrance wrote: ↑Wed May 25, 2022 10:48 am Some options from Championship

Shouldn't cost a fortune

Dominic Solanke, Ben Brereton, Joel Piroe
Lucas Joao - Reading
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41696
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Potential LUFC striker poll

Post by Cjay »

Arsenal have reportedly made Eddie Nketiah a final contract offer with the London club now confident he will remain with them.

I have a horrible feeling we will get Minamino.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11608
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:51 am

Re: Potential LUFC striker poll

Post by Gandalf »

I think we will get Minamino, but not as a striker, as a No 10, or whatever the equivalent is in Marsch's weird system. The Prem striker, I would like is Kelechi Iheannacho. (his game time at Leicester is very limited, but he knows where the net is and is very versatile.)
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
SG90
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23126
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Potential LUFC striker poll

Post by SG90 »

Went for Broja, but not really sure why tbh. Perhaps because he offers more of a physical threat? But I think he'd be overpriced anyway.
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: Potential LUFC striker poll

Post by Kennyb41 »

Cjay wrote: ↑Wed May 25, 2022 1:04 pm Arsenal have reportedly made Eddie Nketiah a final contract offer with the London club now confident he will remain with them.

I have a horrible feeling we will get Minamino.
Depends how much, he will have a point to prove and the little Terracotta warriors do tend to graft and not down tools.

On the other hand, i don't particularly like incoming rejects.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
SG90
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23126
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Potential LUFC striker poll

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: ↑Wed May 25, 2022 1:04 pm Arsenal have reportedly made Eddie Nketiah a final contract offer with the London club now confident he will remain with them.

I have a horrible feeling we will get Minamino.
If we're continuing down the 'Red Bull' route, then Benjamin Sesko! :love: He will be the next Haaland. Or even Adam Hlozek from Sparta Prague. :love:
User avatar
Muppet the Cat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 18297
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: Potential LUFC striker poll

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Gandalf wrote: ↑Wed May 25, 2022 1:22 pm I think we will get Minamino, but not as a striker, as a No 10, or whatever the equivalent is in Marsch's weird system. The Prem striker, I would like is Kelechi Iheannacho. (his game time at Leicester is very limited, but he knows where the net is and is very versatile.)
Welcome back, Gandi :)
Leeds1000
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4157
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:11 pm

Re: Potential LUFC striker poll

Post by Leeds1000 »

Takumi Minamino. This cos it reminds me of Tenko growing up. Mi Mum used to love it.
User avatar
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11608
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:51 am

Re: Potential LUFC striker poll

Post by Gandalf »

Muppet the Cat wrote: ↑Wed May 25, 2022 1:39 pm Welcome back, Gandi :)
Cheers mate, Just checking out the lay of the land on here, at the moment.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
User avatar
SnifferClarke
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1062
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:34 am

Re: Potential LUFC striker poll

Post by SnifferClarke »

Jimang wrote: ↑Tue May 24, 2022 10:10 pm I would look at Rashford, he seems to be out in the cold and lost his confidence lately. I know he plays for the enemy, but so did Giles and Strachan and they did pretty well for us.
I was thinking of Lingard, looked good when loaned to West Ham.

Two Jesses make a Messi

I'll get me coat...........
OedipusRex
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun May 15, 2022 1:28 pm

Re: Potential LUFC striker poll

Post by OedipusRex »

Apparently we’ve bid £7.5 Million bid for Celtics Kyogo Furuhashi
OedipusRex
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun May 15, 2022 1:28 pm

Re: Potential LUFC striker poll

Post by OedipusRex »

Like the look of Kelvin Yeboah and the name will make him a favourite
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41696
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Potential LUFC striker poll

Post by Cjay »

For anyone who voted Nketiah do you have a new preference?

Least that is one name we can cross off
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41696
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Potential LUFC striker poll

Post by Cjay »

OedipusRex wrote: ↑Wed May 25, 2022 3:38 pm Like the look of Kelvin Yeboah and the name will make him a favourite
Haven't been linked unfortunately.

Striker we are After plays in the Premier League apparently.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41696
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Potential LUFC striker poll

Post by Cjay »

Gandalf wrote: ↑Wed May 25, 2022 1:22 pm I think we will get Minamino, but not as a striker, as a No 10, or whatever the equivalent is in Marsch's weird system. The Prem striker, I would like is Kelechi Iheannacho. (his game time at Leicester is very limited, but he knows where the net is and is very versatile.)
Welcome back.

Do you think we will end up with Minamino over Lang though? Phil seems to think it's very possible we would go back in for Lang if Raph goes.

Iheanacho is a good shout.

Scored goals at goal every other game at Prem level.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155155
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Potential LUFC striker poll

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote: ↑Wed May 25, 2022 1:22 pm I think we will get Minamino, but not as a striker, as a No 10, or whatever the equivalent is in Marsch's weird system. The Prem striker, I would like is Kelechi Iheannacho. (his game time at Leicester is very limited, but he knows where the net is and is very versatile.)
Welcome back, Gandi.

Jill was asking me this week if we had heard from you.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155155
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Potential LUFC striker poll

Post by 1964white »

OedipusRex wrote: ↑Wed May 25, 2022 3:37 pm Apparently we’ve bid £7.5 Million bid for Celtics Kyogo Furuhashi
Welcome to MOT, Rex :tup:
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155155
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Potential LUFC striker poll

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote: ↑Wed May 25, 2022 1:22 pm I think we will get Minamino, but not as a striker, as a No 10, or whatever the equivalent is in Marsch's weird system. The Prem striker, I would like is Kelechi Iheannacho. (his game time at Leicester is very limited, but he knows where the net is and is very versatile.)
Good shout :tup:
Post Reply