Johnny Depp vs Amber Heard

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19693
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: Johnny Depp vs Amber Heard

Post by weasel »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:58 pm To be fair weasel I only read 2 lines of the original post (no disrespect to Cjay by the way). I saw on the news all the gubbins surrounding this mess.
I, like 64 have every right to comment on every post on this forum. Isn't that what a forum is all about? Or so I keep being told. My post was :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: .... nothing wrong with that. I found it boring and not interesting (again no disrespect to Cjay)....that is how I saw it. I said exactly what I thought. Sorry that you seemed to take umbrage from my comments.
I just found it strange that if you had no interest in the topic what led you firstly to open it and then to comment that you had no interest? I, for example, don't have an interest in the variou smusic threads but I don't go on them and say this is boring.

Seems others are also opening this thread simply to say they have no interest in it.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78995
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Johnny Depp vs Amber Heard

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote: ↑Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:53 am I just found it strange that if you had no interest in the topic what led you firstly to open it and then to comment that you had no interest? I, for example, don't have an interest in the variou smusic threads but I don't go on them and say this is boring.

Seems others are also opening this thread simply to say they have no interest in it.
My brother in law has been following it, very intelligent, highly successful man and he's saying basically what you have been, Heard is a liar caught out in her lies. Very impressed with Depp's lawyer and specialist witnesses.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2911
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:34 pm

Re: Johnny Depp vs Amber Heard

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Another mot thread based on speculation 🤭
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2911
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:34 pm

Re: Johnny Depp vs Amber Heard

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Another mot thread based on speculation 🤭
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2911
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:34 pm

Re: Johnny Depp vs Amber Heard

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Another mot thread based on speculation 🤭
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14626
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: Johnny Depp vs Amber Heard

Post by hector »

IMG-20220603-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20220603-WA0007.jpg (23.27 KiB) Viewed 1513 times
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
Lorimer46
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1724
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:22 pm
Twitter: @dsc67
Location: Tweedbank, Scottish Borders

Re: Johnny Depp vs Amber Heard

Post by Lorimer46 »

I don't think we've heard the last of this. There's bound to be an appeal
" The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley "
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19693
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: Johnny Depp vs Amber Heard

Post by weasel »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: ↑Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:06 pm Another mot thread based on speculation 🤭
Well only based on speculation by people who didn't watch the case and didn't see the evidence.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19693
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: Johnny Depp vs Amber Heard

Post by weasel »

Lorimer46 wrote: ↑Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:33 pm I don't think we've heard the last of this. There's bound to be an appeal
Although Heard's lawyers have said there will be an appeal it is very unlikey as in effect you can only appeal on certain things such as if the jury acted improperly, or the judge. Heard's cannot actually appeal just because they want another go at a court case.

It is common in highly public cases like this that the losing side says they will appeal but they then simply run down the clock and don't appeal, I think they have something like 18 months to launch an appeal. It is more a way so that they can keep their client in the public eye and try to maintain their stance that their client is innocent. Already on eof Heard's lawyers has been on a tv show basically suggesting that the jury were to blame, the fact it was screened on tv is to blame, social media is to blame etc - everything but that her client told so many lies that even if there was any truth in any of the earlier accusations the jury simply didn't believe her as her lies were just so ridiculous (and in effect to have believed her would have meant about 20 witnesses were all lying).

It will stay in the public eye for a while as Heard needs to try to spin the story her way (huge blow for women's rights etc) to save her acting career.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
Mountain
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:20 am

Re: Johnny Depp vs Amber Heard

Post by Mountain »

Now that it's 1 all in cases, no matter what way you stack it up, he did/didn't abuse her, she was a bad witness, did he or she lie, the difference between British and US defamation laws etc etc

'I will f**k her burnt corpse' is an incredibly ugly thing for anyone to say about the woman they are going to marry. Or any woman. If Depp is ruined, he really should focus on his own role rather than blaming her.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2911
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:34 pm

Re: Johnny Depp vs Amber Heard

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

And she allegedly taking s**t on his pillow doesn't seem like normal behaviour 🙄 . Both are bellends who probably have been economical with the truth under oath.The usa like good show trial.. Goodtv for some I suppose.
Mountain
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:20 am

Re: Johnny Depp vs Amber Heard

Post by Mountain »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: ↑Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:23 am And she allegedly taking s**t on his pillow doesn't seem like normal behaviour 🙄 . Both are bellends who probably have been economical with the truth under oath.The usa like good show trial.. Goodtv for some I suppose.
Absolutely.

2 very screwed up people.

That's why I don't really get the almost triumphalist revisionism surrounding Depp on social media now a decision has gone his way. He did not abuse her? Great, give him a pat on the head. But let's not pretend he should be cheered as he was this week.
WestgateRun
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 518
Joined: Sun May 24, 2020 7:53 pm
Location: Wakefield

Re: Johnny Depp vs Amber Heard

Post by WestgateRun »

Two Hollywood cokeheads with expensive lawyers in tow. Makes a change from Wagatha Christie, I suppose.
User avatar
velo
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4179
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:06 pm

Re: Johnny Depp vs Amber Heard

Post by velo »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: ↑Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:23 am And she allegedly taking s**t on his pillow doesn't seem like normal behaviour 🙄 . Both are bellends who probably have been economical with the truth under oath.The usa like good show trial.. Goodtv for some I suppose.
Great point, I'd be interested to see how much they both make out of this 'trial'....pretty sure it's stage managed, like most of todays celebrity contests
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20737
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Johnny Depp vs Amber Heard

Post by whiteswan »

WestgateRun wrote: ↑Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:58 am Two Hollywood cokeheads with expensive lawyers in tow.
Exactly! This is why I yawned.
User avatar
billysboots
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1491
Joined: Mon May 26, 2003 7:29 am
Location: N.Ireland

Re: Johnny Depp vs Amber Heard

Post by billysboots »

I think Amber’s career is going to suffer, Johnny will probably bounce back. She was given bad advice when embarking on all this.
There Is Only One United.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78995
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Johnny Depp vs Amber Heard

Post by The Subhuman »

Two day after the jury went out Depp was over here playing on stage with Jeff Beck ....Sheffield I think, surprise guest type thing. Good for him
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
Mountain
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:20 am

Re: Johnny Depp vs Amber Heard

Post by Mountain »

billysboots wrote: ↑Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:54 pm I think Amber’s career is going to suffer, Johnny will probably bounce back. She was given bad advice when embarking on all this.
She didn't really embark on anything though, as in she didn't commence any proceedings. I don't think she had much of a career to begin with.

I'm not sure about his career, every film will come with a slew of reviews pointing out that he lost a challenge to his description as a wife beater in the UK. And a slew of memes on social media showing whatever character he plays talking about f**king a burnt corpse. I can't imagine he'll get too many family friendly roles.
User avatar
Changnoy
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 122
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:06 am
Location: Pattaya Thailand

Re: Johnny Depp vs Amber Heard

Post by Changnoy »

What i find surprising..is the amount of people holding up the UK court decision..as something to be respected and credible.
Our justice system has been bloody awful for decades and not something to be regarded in high esteem.
From celeb peedos not being prosecuted..alleged Irish terrorist being framed and then found innocent decades later..genuine heinous crims getting paroled like poor Jamie Bulgers evil scumbag killers.
Councils full of lawyer types..who turned a blind eye to all the rape squads....but then help prosecute and vilefy those who highlighted that fact..and get them banned across all social media platforms.
Meanwhile be careful what you write here..as the Police Farce and justice system may come knocking on your door for a hate crime.

Im actually ashamed of our system when it is compared in this case....not just the courts..but the policing and the political system that has allowed it to deteriorate so badly.
User avatar
billysboots
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1491
Joined: Mon May 26, 2003 7:29 am
Location: N.Ireland

Re: Johnny Depp vs Amber Heard

Post by billysboots »

Didn’t this all start with an newspaper article where she called him a wifebeater?
There Is Only One United.
Post Reply