Weight/fitness.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
hector

Re: Weight/fitness.

Post by hector »

lufc1304 wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:34 pm I'm not going to dignify that with an answer!!!
aaaahhhhh the 24 pack

;-) ;-)

:) :)
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

velo wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:14 am Definitely a state of mind, I've been there many times, feeling low and comfort eating and drinking is only a short term fix . I found that once I had decided I wanted to lose the weight, It became a bit of a goal for me, I need goals to motivate myself, the first 2 weeks were tough, but it gets easier. You can do it, if you really want it.
Yes, I'll definitely do it, because there are certain thresholds I don't want to cross, and I'm getting close to that. Being a bit larger in certain areas isn't always bad though!
hector

Post by hector »

SaraM wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:13 pm Yes, I'll definitely do it, because there are certain thresholds I don't want to cross, and I'm getting close to that. Being a bit larger in certain areas isn't always bad though!
Aye... a fat arse is always more comfortable to sit on... :shock: :shock:

I know.. :) :)
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

SaraM wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:13 pm Yes, I'll definitely do it, because there are certain thresholds I don't want to cross, and I'm getting close to that. Being a bit larger in certain areas isn't always bad though!
Good for you I refuse to comment any further as it would be used against me :o
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

hector wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:15 pm Aye... a fat arse is always more comfortable to sit on... :shock: :shock:

You.....could be in big trouble :shock:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

SaraM wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:50 am I think it's mainly a state of mind for me; a habitual lifestyle thing of seeing indulgence as the exception rather than the norm. The lockdowns messed with that, and it became too easy to comfort eat and drink too much. I'm only just getting out of that mindset now.
I just need to get into the right frame of mind, if I can then I know I can shift the kilos. I'm classed as overweight by BMI which is a relief that I'm not classed as obese because I have been before. Being only 4ft 11' really doesn't help matters :)
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

hector wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:15 pm Aye... a fat arse is always more comfortable to sit on... :shock: :shock:

Exactly!

:-D
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:43 pm I just need to get into the right frame of mind, if I can then I know I can shift the kilos. I'm classed as overweight by BMI which is a relief that I'm not classed as obese because I have been before. Being only 4ft 11' really doesn't help matters :)
Not sure how much store I set by BMI tbh, I go more on what feels comfortable for me. I'm 5ft 10", which does help in carrying a bit of weight, but I've always felt self conscious about being tall. I was a ridiculous bean pole at school!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:43 pm I just need to get into the right frame of mind, if I can then I know I can shift the kilos. I'm classed as overweight by BMI which is a relief that I'm not classed as obese because I have been before. Being only 4ft 11' really doesn't help matters :)
You don't look overweight, Swannie.
hector

Post by hector »

1964white wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:54 pm You don't look overweight, Swannie.
that's because you are always looking at the top of her head.....

You bloody beanpole :) :) :)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

BMI a load of old nonsense Swannie. And I’ve been told that by a friend who happens to be a GP.
Far more important is diet. Also a ratio between waist size/height is far more important. All the fat sits round some vital organs after all.
Diet is the main thing though 100%.
BMI says I’m slightly overweight. I’m 6’ and 13 stone ffs. Not a bloody jockey am I :lol:
Changnoy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Changnoy »

Jaydog wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:41 pm BMI a load of old nonsense Swannie. And I’ve been told that by a friend who happens to be a GP.
Far more important is diet. Also a ratio between waist size/height is far more important. All the fat sits round some vital organs after all.
Diet is the main thing though 100%.
BMI says I’m slightly overweight. I’m 6’ and 13 stone ffs. Not a bloody jockey am I :lol:
BMI isnt something i look at either. At 6' 2" and 18st....i too am regatded as obese as lufc1304 says..but for me its how comfortable i feel and what i eat. A mixture of Thai food and Ham salads is my latest fare. My biggest sin is beer..but although im retired and only go out a couple of times a week..sometimes only once to play Pool.
I was 11st wet into my mid 20s....and then busted my shoulder needing an Op. Afterwards i hit the hospital gym..and was back to work a month early. Unfortunately i stop the gym and piled on 3st in about 4mths..ive never lost it.
I left UK 11yrs ago..and was 16st..and in my first year shot up to 19st 🥺
I then moved into a house in a gated village with a 20m community pool. I hit that nearly every day and push myself until im breathing heavy..usually 20 lengths. I should walk more..but with temps regularly above 30°....it can be difficult.
I tried cycling in my early days....but the roads here can be treacherous....so binned that and swapped up to a M/bike lol.
Life is sweet. 🙏