Welcome & Introductions

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
Orange Box
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 7498
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas

Re: Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)

Post by Orange Box »

MikeEnglandisMyHero wrote: ↑Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:17 pm
In addition I earned a post-grad degree remotely from the University of Leeds, which I think makes me an honorary resident right?
Good luck with that. I moved here at 3 months old, 67 years ago, and I still get attitude. And that’s from my mates.

Welcome, and by all means, call it soccer. Very forgiving bunch on here. ;-)
User avatar
WEALLLOVELEEDS
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:14 am
Location: BA , Argentina

Re: Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)

Post by WEALLLOVELEEDS »

Hello lads, it's night in Buenos Aires, it's raining, I haven't been here for a long time, I think I registered, I made a comment, and I didn't come back for a long time but I followed Leeds as much as I could, I have to clarify that I'm from River Plate here in Argentina but Leeds is the best in England, unfortunately here in Argentina we are very bad, I would love to live in Yorkshire but the numbers are not enough... I just come to read, I am anxious for the match against the Saints, it will give me a lot of anger if we end up in the relegation zone. I would love to go to Elland Road one day, I swear I would do anything, even at the club to be able to go to the field. Well I think that's all I'm going to read the other threads.
Oh, and f**k the SCUM. f**king hate Man U.
Leeds fan from Argentina!
Football League First Division
Champions (3): 1968–69, 1973–74, 1991–92
FA Cup
Winners (1): 1971–72
Football League Cup
Winners (1): 1967–68
Inter-Cities Fairs Cup
Winners (2): 1967–68, 1970–71


F'''ck Chel$ea.
F''ck Man U

WE KEEP THE WHITE FLAG FLYING HIGH :scarfe2:
User avatar
BlackHillsPaul
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 4516
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:53 pm
Location: Arizona, USA

Re: Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Greetings from the Black Hills of South Dakota, USA! I'm a lifelong fan of the beautiful game. Been aware of Leeds United Football Club since the 1970's. Have always known it's a big club. Followed them a bit during the O' Leary years in the Premiership. Watched in horror as this massive club in English Football were relegated. And kept an eye on their struggles in the lower divisions. My interest was really piqued when Marcelo Bielsa was appointed Manager in 2018. Bielsa is well known to Football/Futbol/Soccer fans in the America's. And I was fascinated to watch how this enigmatic controversial football genius would fare in English Football. And it was a great story to watch him transform Leeds United back into a club with ambition that played attractive football. Winning the Championship and getting promoted back into the Premiership. Pure Hollywood!

Now, my fellow American Jesse Marsch is the man in charge. Tasked first with keeping this great football club in the Premiership. And then moving it forward with even greater ambition to the heights that all Leeds supporters expect. How could I not be interested. I'm here to learn more about Leeds United Football Club. And to watch this next chapter in the long history of YOUR club. Respectfully, Cheers!!
Football/Futbol/Soccer
EasternLeeds
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:40 pm

Re: Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)

Post by EasternLeeds »

Warm greetings from Romania!

Been supporting Leeds since 2000 and am one of those types that watches our matches with a LUFC scarf around my neck and praises the team in all my social and professional circles.

Allow me to share a story of my first and only visit (so far) to ER.

As you might imagine, it's not very easy financially to visit ER from my part of the world, but where there's a will there's a way. I talk fondly of Leeds Utd with my workmates and while I have changed a few jobs over the years, the reaction of my colleagues were always the same:
1) At first they would make fun of my unwavering support for a team that until recently was in the second tier of football
2) After a few weeks pass and I keep them updated about the going-ons at Leeds, they start to understand they're dealing with a fan that knows many Leeds united stadium chants and history of the club so they start to take kindly to Leeds
3) They start asking about the recent Leeds results or end up casually following the results by themselves

Back in 2018, my workmates actually chipped in and bought me a plane ticket to Leeds for my birthday, so that I can go see the last game of the season at home (We were playing QPR and I would get to see live a wonderful opening goal by Kemar Roofe with a bicycle kick)

Since there are o direct flights to Leeds from my area, what I actually got was a ticket to Sheffield airport with a low-cost flight.

I was accompanied by my brother and when we landed, we sat patiently in line at the passport checkpoint.

When we reached the bloke that was ding the passport check, he asked us for how long we are visiting and where are we staying. So i replied we're staying in Leeds.

Mind you, this was a Sheffield man in a Sheffield airport we were talking to. So when he heard that we were staying in Leeds he raised his gaze from our passports and asked us why are are visiting Leeds.

So I answered him: "We're going to see the best football team in the world, sir, Leeds United."

The look on his face was quite shocked as he took a moment and then replied with a grumpy tone "Might not let you in for that."

:)))

Lovely trip, lovely win that day.

Cheers mates.
User avatar
LovelyLeeds
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:04 pm
Location: Worcester
Contact:

Re: Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)

Post by LovelyLeeds »

Joined this forum in 2011 and disappeared! (No I haven't been in prison - just life getting in the way).
So I'm re-introducing myself.
Leeds fan since 1972 (aged 11) and not really reading the memo, my dad heard me singing Blue is the Colour and thought I was a Chelsea fan. Nooooooo I just liked the song - I mean it was quite catchy wasn't it? Anyhoooo he only went and bought me a Chelsea PE Bag for Christmas. *shudder* I think I had my one and only tantrum and insisted he took it back for a Leeds PE bag - and he did!!! In those days, exchanging goods didn't really happen, but he swung it.
I remember asking my dad continually, 'who are that team in white' whilst watching MotD, and he would say, oh don't worry about that lot, support Aston Villa instead (born and bred to be fair). But I just couldn't do it, Leeds were the team I fell for, so Leeds it is to this day.
MOT
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155199
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)

Post by 1964white »

LovelyLeeds wrote: ↑Sat May 07, 2022 5:51 pm Joined this forum in 2011 and disappeared! (No I haven't been in prison - just life getting in the way).
So I'm re-introducing myself.
Leeds fan since 1972 (aged 11) and not really reading the memo, my dad heard me singing Blue is the Colour and thought I was a Chelsea fan. Nooooooo I just liked the song - I mean it was quite catchy wasn't it? Anyhoooo he only went and bought me a Chelsea PE Bag for Christmas. *shudder* I think I had my one and only tantrum and insisted he took it back for a Leeds PE bag - and he did!!! In those days, exchanging goods didn't really happen, but he swung it.
I remember asking my dad continually, 'who are that team in white' whilst watching MotD, and he would say, oh don't worry about that lot, support Aston Villa instead (born and bred to be fair). But I just couldn't do it, Leeds were the team I fell for, so Leeds it is to this day.
MOT
"Shall I be Chelsea, Shall I be Leeds...... :whistle:
User avatar
SOUTH STAND
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:13 pm

Re: Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)

Post by SOUTH STAND »

So hi to everyone on here and thanks for letting me into the madhouse.

Yorkshire born lad here, family are massive Bradford City fans, in there eyes I’m the ugly ducking 😂

Followed Leeds since the early 90’s when I decided my mates were more Leeds than other teams… wouldn’t change those times.

I’m more of a football supporter who loves fast play and great games than following the stats, may sound boring but the entertainment is what makes me love football, I don’t need the bullsh*t of money in the game…. It kind of spoilt it for me tbh.

Anyway hi to all Uk, Us, Aussie and the rest of the Leeds fans… Leeds Leeds Leeds “chest pumps”

👍🏻
Last edited by SOUTH STAND on Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Bluebucket
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:16 pm

Re: Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)

Post by Bluebucket »

Hi everyone, greetings from sunny Bournemouth. I've supported Leeds for over 30 years, through thin and thin. :P

I think these new signings of ours look promising, but I guess time will tell.

MOT :scar1
:scar1
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155199
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)

Post by 1964white »

Bluebucket wrote: ↑Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:56 pm Hi everyone, greetings from sunny Bournemouth. I've supported Leeds for over 30 years, through thin and thin. :P

I think these new signings of ours look promising, but I guess time will tell.

MOT :scar1
Welcome to MOT Bucket :tup:

I worked & lived in Bournemouth in the late 70's, early 80's, my brother lives near Sandbanks in Poole.
User avatar
Bluebucket
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:16 pm

Re: Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)

Post by Bluebucket »

Cool.
:scar1
User avatar
Victor_OTT_17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3286
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:27 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)

Post by Victor_OTT_17 »

I've just joined. I'm Vic from Nottingham. 57. Life-long Leeds fan (since 72). Ex-Nottingham Whites member. I live in Sutton in Ashfield now. I own a guitar repair shop and I'm a postman. First Leeds forum I've been a member of for a few years. This one looked to be about the best. Last Forum I was in was Unofficial Leeds United...
The Guitar Medic on FaceBook and on YouTube

weasel wrote: ↑Tue Jul 28, 2026 4:35 pm Are you dense?
User avatar
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6571
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:02 am

Re: Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)

Post by BGwhite »

Victor_Notts-17 wrote:I've just joined. I'm Vic from Nottingham. 57. Life-long Leeds fan (since 72). Ex-Nottingham Whites member. I live in Sutton in Ashfield now. I own a guitar repair shop and I'm a postman. First Leeds forum I've been a member of for a few years. This one looked to be about the best. Last Forum I was in was Unofficial Leeds United...
Hi Vic welcome. You don't deliver to my mate Mr Sheridan do you ?

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

User avatar
Victor_OTT_17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3286
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:27 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)

Post by Victor_OTT_17 »

BGwhite wrote: ↑Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:06 pm Hi Vic welcome. You don't deliver to my mate Mr Sheridan do you ?
LOL Can't say I do tbh
The Guitar Medic on FaceBook and on YouTube

weasel wrote: ↑Tue Jul 28, 2026 4:35 pm Are you dense?
User avatar
DownTheM1
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:05 pm
Twitter: broun

Re: Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)

Post by DownTheM1 »

Heya ... Respectful Anglo-American Villa supporter here. Not much to say -- just want to follow the discussions. Like some other Americans, very excited about Jesse Marsch and can't wait to see what happens next season. My mate is a Man United fan, and he's also eager for Leeds. I guess it's a source of pride for us to have an American managing one of the great clubs. Peace.
User avatar
Victor_OTT_17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 3286
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:27 am
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)

Post by Victor_OTT_17 »

DownTheM1 wrote: ↑Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:00 pm Heya ... Respectful Anglo-American Villa supporter here. Not much to say -- just want to follow the discussions. Like some other Americans, very excited about Jesse Marsch and can't wait to see what happens next season. My mate is a Man United fan, and he's also eager for Leeds. I guess it's a source of pride for us to have an American managing one of the great clubs. Peace.
Welcome to the forum :tup:
The Guitar Medic on FaceBook and on YouTube

weasel wrote: ↑Tue Jul 28, 2026 4:35 pm Are you dense?
User avatar
Quagmire
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:02 am
Location: Uncle Sam Land

Re: Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)

Post by Quagmire »

Hey all,

American fan and yes I was one before Marsch etc etc lol. Been a fan since the Eddie Lewis days :)

I have a very good feeling about Aaronson and Adams and this season in general.

Thank you!
Nothing like a steak and a good beer
TonyT
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:34 am

Re: Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)

Post by TonyT »

I started my love of Leeds United in 1962, when I was 15. Being half Welsh I was in awe of Gary Sprake. However my all-time hero has to be Norman (bites yet legs) Hunter.
I supported Fulham as a 9/ 10 year old and so, when Allan Clarke joined Leeds, I was delighted and since then Leeds United has been my only team.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79019
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)

Post by The Subhuman »

Welcome both ....
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
lufc93
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:02 pm
Location: Elland Road

Re: Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)

Post by lufc93 »

Hi all,

I'm going to come on and say hello, came to sign up today and it said I already had an account... Reset my password and it looks like a 13-year-old me in 2007 signed up :lol:

Clicked on the only posted I commented on back then and it was just as Beckford had signed another 3 year deal by the looks of things, no idea what my point of view was reading it back and my spelling hasn't improved much since then either....

Anyway happy to be back on after a 15 year hiatus :tup:

MOT
User avatar
Zurich White
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:59 pm

Re: Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)

Post by Zurich White »

Hello everyone.
FC Zurich supporter here.

Quick introduction...

I lived in England in the early 70s, as my parents moved there for work, and I went to primary school in Ilford.
Before school my Dad told me I needed an English football team, so we opened the back pages and Leeds were top, so I chose them.
First day at school...
I'm the new kid...

School Bully: oi you, new kid! Who d'you support?
Me: ( happily ) Leeds!
*smack*

My first experience with those cheeky chappies, the 'cockneys'.

A teacher comes out, shouts at everyone to get inside, and so everyone goes into class and sits down.
The teacher says he wants to keep an eye on me, and tells me to sit at the double desk right in front of his desk, where there's a free seat next to a kid who's also giving me the evil eye.

Oh dear, I thought, and sat down.

Luckily I had a cunning plan... I would ask him who his team were first, and then say "me too" and I would be OK.
I sat down and asked him who his team was.

He answered "Leeds"!
The school psychopath was my new best friend!
Thanks Bill! Happy Days!

Sadly Bill moved back to Yorkshire after a couple of years, and we also moved on, but LUFC has stayed with me as my 'English team', and 3rd favourite, after FC Zurich ( birth place, my families team, etc ) and my Wife's team, who I had to adopt, as she adopted my team.
Post Reply