What are you doing today ?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
Irish Ian
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 17183
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:53 pm
Location: Directly above the centre of the Earth.

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by Irish Ian »

done me back

So am following the Test match, also following my game on the Cricket Management game I play, listening to Podcasts and of course awaiting with bated breath for the Jesse PC at 1;30.

High end stuff :)
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21205
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by Jaydog »

Anonymous wrote: ↑Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:08 pm Few can resist a sparkly flip flop tbf. Faaip is singularly resolute in this matter.
Some people are scared of feet. Maybe Faaip is a foot fearer.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79006
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by The Subhuman »

Jaydog wrote: ↑Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:25 am I’m with Faaip on the flip flop front. Women look nice in sparkly ones but blokes. No.
I wear these in the garden. Sometimes if I go to the corner shop but always get a bloody stone in them
C39A3872-C9B1-45DA-BC5D-FCF973BEB8F8.png
They're fine and leather ones are ok too. It's the gaudy, tasteless plastic/rubber ones I object to....
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Muppet the Cat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 18301
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by Muppet the Cat »

faaip wrote: ↑Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:40 pm They're fine and leather ones are ok too. It's the gaudy, tasteless plastic/rubber ones I object to....
I’m not a complete Philistine then, faaip as the shoes I wear most over the course of a year are those Clarks ATL Active Air brown leather sandals.

Also, you can’t really drive in FF’s 😄
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79006
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by The Subhuman »

Never personally owned sandals and certainly not flip flops...
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Muppet the Cat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 18301
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Since COVID, lockdown and the advent of home working my whole wardrobe has changed, with parts of it largely untouched in a couple of years.

Pre COVID when I was in the office 5 days a week I was suit or shirt and tie, minimum. Things then moved onto Zoom or Teams and sat at a desk in the house (or office) people only saw you waist up…….so I’ve done formal meetings shirt/tie/jacket up top, but shorts and FF’s below.
On the days I work from home now (which is the majority) it’s t-shirt and shorts most of the time after my commute from the bedroom to the ‘office’ 😄
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21205
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by Jaydog »

Anonymous wrote: ↑Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:16 pm Maybe. There's a self confessed foot fetishist on Waccoe... I'm not sure of his views on flip flops though.
If he likes feet he’ll like flip flops. And heels.
Who doesn’t. The latter I mean. It’s the ones who teeter along looking like their on a tightrope that make me laugh.
Quite a few at York races although it was generally quite classy in fairness.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by Kennyb41 »

Fkin hell womens feet are ugly, bunions n all that, if they haven't got bunions, they've got 4 toes and hard skin.

I've never met a woman yet that doesn't say ' stop staring at my feet they're ugly'
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21205
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by Jaydog »

Kennyb41 wrote: ↑Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:28 pm Fkin hell womens feet are ugly, bunions n all that, if they haven't got bunions, they've got 4 toes and hard skin.

I've never met a woman yet that doesn't say ' stop staring at my feet they're ugly'
The last bit is true.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
Kennyb41
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 12426
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by Kennyb41 »

As much as i love them and they turn me on no end, i blame Stilletoes for the state of womens feet.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek: ...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it :lol: " - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21205
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by Jaydog »

Kennyb41 wrote: ↑Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:28 pm Fkin hell womens feet are ugly, bunions n all that, if they haven't got bunions, they've got 4 toes and hard skin.

I've never met a woman yet that doesn't say ' stop staring at my feet they're ugly'
Four toes!
I got stood on in the desert once. I had Camel Toe for a week. Gave me the right hump.
2 jokes for the price of one
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20738
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by whiteswan »

Anonymous wrote: ↑Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:00 pm Most women's shoes aren't designed for comfort or practicality.
No they are not!
Platforms were all the rage when I started work. I was on my feet for 7 hours a day. Stupidly I allowed fashion to dictate. I refuse to wear heels now. Flip flops all the way :lol:
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21205
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by Jaydog »

Lived in wellies as a kid. No socks. Trendy.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79006
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by The Subhuman »

Wellies never fit me..
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1844
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:18 pm

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by Boo Radley »

Muppet the Cat wrote: ↑Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:07 pm Since COVID, lockdown and the advent of home working my whole wardrobe has changed, with parts of it largely untouched in a couple of years.

Pre COVID when I was in the office 5 days a week I was suit or shirt and tie, minimum. Things then moved onto Zoom or Teams and sat at a desk in the house (or office) people only saw you waist up…….so I’ve done formal meetings shirt/tie/jacket up top, but shorts and FF’s below.
On the days I work from home now (which is the majority) it’s t-shirt and shorts most of the time after my commute from the bedroom to the ‘office’ 😄
You've just nailed the change in my working attire perfectly Muppet!

There are suits, shirts and ties hanging untouched in my wardrobe since before Covid as well. I thought all that would gradually return but it hasn't, and I've realised it actually won't.

So, similar to you, it's been shorts and sandals/flip flops with polo shirts at best, but mostly t-shirts for Teams calls. It's a significant change and it's here to stay. The suits will only come out for weddings and funerals now.
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20738
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by whiteswan »

Anonymous wrote: ↑Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:13 pm I haven't worn heels for years. Got loads of shoes, but mostly boots for the winter, and sandals and Mary Janes for the rest of the year. Probably wear wellies more than anything else.
I remember doing a charity walk for 'Shelter' when I was 15 and still at school. It was 22 miles, I managed it but one of the girls with us walked all 22 in wellies! Amazing really as it was all road and pavement walking all the way. Her Dad was a farmer.
User avatar
Jaydog
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 21205
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Location: Here

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by Jaydog »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:49 am I remember doing a charity walk for 'Shelter' when I was 15 and still at school. It was 22 miles, I managed it but one of the girls with us walked all 22 in wellies! Amazing really as it was all road and pavement walking all the way. Her Dad was a farmer.
:shock: 22 miles in wellies! I grew up in a farming area so wellies were de rigueur in the fashion department. Pretty sure I spent most of the summer in them. There was a lot of :poo: about so fashionable & practical
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14631
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by hector »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:49 am I remember doing a charity walk for 'Shelter' when I was 15 and still at school. It was 22 miles, I managed it but one of the girls with us walked all 22 in wellies! Amazing really as it was all road and pavement walking all the way. Her Dad was a farmer.
I'm amazed that you can remember from that far back.. :P :P

:) :)
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
Rook
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1513
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:02 pm

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by Rook »

Watching Anthony Joshua Vs Oleksandr Usyk tonight. Come on AJ!!

Tomorrow, I'm off to Elland Road to watch us get battered by Chelsea.

An action packed weekend, with plenty of alcohol. :-D
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20738
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: What are you doing today ?

Post by whiteswan »

hector wrote: ↑Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:57 am I'm amazed that you can remember from that far back.. :P :P

:) :)
Cheeky so and so :x
Post Reply