Not to be forgotten, mate
The King/Kate
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155102
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: The Queen- RIP Your Majesty
- andrewjohnsmith
- Superstar

- Posts: 13057
- Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
- Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)
Re: The Queen- RIP Your Majesty
We've had nothing on the same scale in our lifetime. What's the closest precedent?
My memory is terrible. I remember we were supposed to go see a cricket match in Scarborough the day Diana died. I hadn't heard about it. But my mate called me to tell me the game had been called off.
- Jaydog
- Superstar

- Posts: 21199
- Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
- Location: Here
Re: The Queen- RIP Your Majesty
Seems strange and counterintuitive to cancel sport. She was obviously a lover of racing and it’s the final classic this weekend, a race she’s won in the past. Her links with lots of sport are fixed in history. Black armbands maybe but it should carry on.
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
- Musicman1965
- First Team

- Posts: 2136
- Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:11 pm
Re: The Queen- RIP Your Majesty
Sad Day.
HMR The Queen
Thank you for all that you have done for the United Kingdom.
R.I.P
HMR The Queen
Thank you for all that you have done for the United Kingdom.
R.I.P
- White Riot
- Superstar

- Posts: 22381
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
- Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155102
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: The Queen- RIP Your Majesty
One of my boyhood heroes.
- whiteswan
- Superstar

- Posts: 20737
- Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am
Re: The Queen- RIP Your Majesty
You know, I'm sat here reading all these lovely warm posts from everyone about our lovely Queen, so respectful. What a great forum we have here....
- White Riot
- Superstar

- Posts: 22381
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
- Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Re: The Queen- RIP Your Majesty
One of my best mates got married on the day Diana diedandrewjohnsmith wrote: ↑Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:11 pm We've had nothing on the same scale in our lifetime. What's the closest precedent?
My memory is terrible. I remember we were supposed to go see a cricket match in Scarborough the day Diana died. I hadn't heard about it. But my mate called me to tell me the game had been called off.
Talk about a dampener at the wedding do
- White Riot
- Superstar

- Posts: 22381
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
- Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
- White Riot
- Superstar

- Posts: 22381
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
- Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
- Irish Ian
- Superstar

- Posts: 17183
- Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:53 pm
- Location: Directly above the centre of the Earth.
Re: The Queen- RIP Your Majesty
Sad day for the whole country.
She carried herself with a dignity and modesty that leaders the World over could do well to imitate.
She carried herself with a dignity and modesty that leaders the World over could do well to imitate.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155102
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: The Queen- RIP Your Majesty
Racing fixtures abandoned after the first two races at Chelmsford & Southwell this evening.
All four meetings abandoned tomorrow.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155102
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155102
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
- Jaydog
- Superstar

- Posts: 21199
- Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
- Location: Here
Re: The Queen- RIP Your Majesty
I hope people got their money back.
Surely they’ll have the Leger?
She won it with Willie Carson & Dunfermline. Beat Alleged & Piggott
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
- White Riot
- Superstar

- Posts: 22381
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
- Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155102
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155102
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: The Queen- RIP Your Majesty
Oh I certainly do, James.
- Jaydog
- Superstar

- Posts: 21199
- Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:52 pm
- Location: Here
Re: The Queen- RIP Your Majesty
I declare my love for Saint Daniel and I can shoehorn him in to any conversation.
- Cjay
- Superstar

- Posts: 41671
- Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm
Re: The Queen- RIP Your Majesty
Won't clog up Her Majesty's thread any more but
However apparently 3 days after her Father died there was a full round of fixtures played.
Personally I think black armbands and remove advertising from around the pitch and replace with RIP messages and let this weekends fixtures carry on.
People have made arrangements and paid money already
Cancel next weekends.
Personally I think black armbands and remove advertising from around the pitch and replace with RIP messages and let this weekends fixtures carry on.
People have made arrangements and paid money already
Cancel next weekends.
Signed
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom