All 49ers Aren't We?
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- andrewjohnsmith
- Superstar

- Posts: 13058
- Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
- Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)
All 49ers Aren't We?
Should we be rooting the the 49ers?
Maybe our USA contingent could offer some light as to whether 49ers success is in the best interests of LUFC.
My theory is that the NFL operates on a parity scheme. That regardless of level of success (or failure), every team is a commercial entity that will generate income.
I'm not a big NFL fan but have always follwoed the Bills. When I first started watching the NFL in England, the Bills were on their 4 superbowl run. I moved to California, but I always kept the Bills as my team. And now they're successful again, I'm happy to still be a Bills fan.
But those 49ers? My dislike for them is somewhat illogical. I'm a huge Dodgers fan and as a result have always hated the SF Giants. By association, I've always had a distaste for the 49ers too.
But should I now be rooting for them as my second (not abandoning the Bills) team? Is there logic in rooting for the 49ers because a successful 49ers will benefit LUFC too?
Maybe our USA contingent could offer some light as to whether 49ers success is in the best interests of LUFC.
My theory is that the NFL operates on a parity scheme. That regardless of level of success (or failure), every team is a commercial entity that will generate income.
I'm not a big NFL fan but have always follwoed the Bills. When I first started watching the NFL in England, the Bills were on their 4 superbowl run. I moved to California, but I always kept the Bills as my team. And now they're successful again, I'm happy to still be a Bills fan.
But those 49ers? My dislike for them is somewhat illogical. I'm a huge Dodgers fan and as a result have always hated the SF Giants. By association, I've always had a distaste for the 49ers too.
But should I now be rooting for them as my second (not abandoning the Bills) team? Is there logic in rooting for the 49ers because a successful 49ers will benefit LUFC too?
- Cjay
- Superstar

- Posts: 41756
- Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm
- andrewjohnsmith
- Superstar

- Posts: 13058
- Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:58 pm
- Location: California (Donny Born-n-Bred)
-
SG90
- Superstar

- Posts: 23144
- Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm
Re: All 49ers Aren't We?
Not a fan of the NFL, but it is probably the best run sports league in the world and clubs are well run, no sheikhs or sugar daddies in sight. I don't worry about them leaving us in a mess financially, I think they'd help grow our commercial income and appeal. They'd probably be like Liverpool's owners tbh. I think anyone expecting an oil sheikh type takeover is wrong.
- Cjay
- Superstar

- Posts: 41756
- Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm
Re: All 49ers Aren't We?
No interest in the 49ers Football team either way.andrewjohnsmith wrote: ↑Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:19 pm Haha
Dislike for 49ers? NFL? Or just the whole ownership model?
Indifferent to the NFL, tried watching it in the past, can't get into it.
49ers can win everything for all I care.
But there success is irrelevant to us, we are owned by completely separate entities.
We are owned by a venture Capital fund owned by there owners for the sole purpose of generating money FOR them.
Not the other way round.
So to answer your question.
I don't want any venture capital fund anywhere near LUFC.
There success is largely irrelevant to us as we are owned by totally different companies.
And the investment comes from other people not the 49ers ownership, thats the whole point of venture capital funds.
They use other peoples money
Last edited by Cjay on Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Signed
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
- Cjay
- Superstar

- Posts: 41756
- Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm
Re: All 49ers Aren't We?
Heck of a lot more clubs left in a financial mess by those type of owners then not SG.SG90 wrote: ↑Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:28 pm Not a fan of the NFL, but it is probably the best run sports league in the world and clubs are well run, no sheikhs or sugar daddies in sight. I don't worry about them leaving us in a mess financially, I think they'd help grow our commercial income and appeal. They'd probably be like Liverpool's owners tbh. I think anyone expecting an oil sheikh type takeover is wrong.
Besides FSG who own Liverpool are on a completely different level to 49ers Enterprises as a fund.
Signed
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
-
SG90
- Superstar

- Posts: 23144
- Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm
Re: All 49ers Aren't We?
Can't see how they'd make a mint off Lufc tbh.Cjay wrote: ↑Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:40 pm No interest in the 49ers Football team either way.
Indifferent to the NFL, tried watching it in the past, can't get into it.
49ers can win everything for all I care.
But there success is irrelevant to us, we are owned by completely separate entities.
We are owned by a venture Capital fund owned by there owners for the sole purpose of generating money FOR them.
Not the other way round.
So to answer your question.
I don't want any venture capital fund anywhere near LUFC.
There success is largely irrelevant to us as we are owned by totally different companies.
And the investment comes from other people not the 49ers ownership, thats the whole point of venture capital funds.
They use other peoples money
- Cjay
- Superstar

- Posts: 41756
- Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm
Re: All 49ers Aren't We?
Sell it at a profit as a whole.
Pay dividends to themselves.
Offer the club as an IPO.
It's all a risk but that is what they do.
Invest in startups that need money (distressed sellers effectively) which for all the talk of friendship is what Radz was.
In markets with the potential for huge profit.
Risk vs reward.
But profit is the only thing they want.
No expert but have a read, it's not a good thing.
And don't get caught up with the York family, they aren't directly involved.
Signed
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
King Cjay
Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
-
Overman
- Manager

- Posts: 3324
- Joined: Wed May 15, 2019 11:04 pm
Re: All 49ers Aren't We?
Didn't Radz spout some bollocks about 'many parties' interested in buying the club. So the best of the bunch was the 49ers? Perhaps the best for his interests.
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79124
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: All 49ers Aren't We?
Raider fan for 42 years, supporting the Niners as my second team would be similar to having Manure as my second team in the prem.andrewjohnsmith wrote: ↑Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:45 pm Should we be rooting the the 49ers?
Maybe our USA contingent could offer some light as to whether 49ers success is in the best interests of LUFC.
My theory is that the NFL operates on a parity scheme. That regardless of level of success (or failure), every team is a commercial entity that will generate income.
I'm not a big NFL fan but have always follwoed the Bills. When I first started watching the NFL in England, the Bills were on their 4 superbowl run. I moved to California, but I always kept the Bills as my team. And now they're successful again, I'm happy to still be a Bills fan.
But those 49ers? My dislike for them is somewhat illogical. I'm a huge Dodgers fan and as a result have always hated the SF Giants. By association, I've always had a distaste for the 49ers too.
But should I now be rooting for them as my second (not abandoning the Bills) team? Is there logic in rooting for the 49ers because a successful 49ers will benefit LUFC too?
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79124
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: All 49ers Aren't We?
So Raider fan 42 years, Leeds fan 52 years, Hampshire fan 57 plus years ... huh
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- Kennyb41
- Superstar

- Posts: 12426
- Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 am
Re: All 49ers Aren't We?
In answer to the topic.
No i'm fcking not, and the sooner they're gone, the better.
And Radz is no true Leeds fan, well done, but piss off asap with your profit and take your clown with you.
Quite simply, Bert did everything for them and was Leeds through n through, football is all that mattered to him and his walks in the Dales.
No i'm fcking not, and the sooner they're gone, the better.
And Radz is no true Leeds fan, well done, but piss off asap with your profit and take your clown with you.
Quite simply, Bert did everything for them and was Leeds through n through, football is all that mattered to him and his walks in the Dales.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game
...That Ayling goal and "You couldn't script it
" - Dirty Leeds B@stard.
Must dash.
;@)
Must dash.
;@)
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155415
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
- Chilli D
- Superstar

- Posts: 8796
- Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:31 pm
Re: All 49ers Aren't We?
Leeds fan 48 years
NE Patriots fan 36 years (despite another embarrassing loss yesterday)
f**k the 49ers
NE Patriots fan 36 years (despite another embarrassing loss yesterday)
f**k the 49ers
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
- Byebyegeegee
- First Team

- Posts: 2390
- Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:14 pm
- Location: God’s own county (north)
Re: All 49ers Aren't We?
Absolutely no interest in American Football (or any American sport tbh, baseball, basketball etc). All talk of Bills, Giants, Raiders just goes straight over my head, they have never crossed my path or piqued the remotest interest in me. I only know the 49ers because of their connection with Leeds United and have no thoughts either way on whether that’s a good thing or a bad thing.
What I do know is that to really compete in the Premier League these days you need to spend untold billions, most of which you will never recover but be prepared to lose in exchange for a bit of profile and kudos. I don’t think Radrizzani or the 49ers are in that sort of league and so I fear our beloved club are going to be competing at the arse end of the league, and probably in the Championship from time to time, for the foreseeable future.
Never mind, at least in my time of supporting this club 57/8 years and counting, we have had one sustained period of unprecedented success and a couple of periods of reasonable success which is better than most other teams in the English league system and unless and until money and favouritism are equalised we are going to have to be satisfied with that.
In answer to your question Andrew - your call mate!
What I do know is that to really compete in the Premier League these days you need to spend untold billions, most of which you will never recover but be prepared to lose in exchange for a bit of profile and kudos. I don’t think Radrizzani or the 49ers are in that sort of league and so I fear our beloved club are going to be competing at the arse end of the league, and probably in the Championship from time to time, for the foreseeable future.
Never mind, at least in my time of supporting this club 57/8 years and counting, we have had one sustained period of unprecedented success and a couple of periods of reasonable success which is better than most other teams in the English league system and unless and until money and favouritism are equalised we are going to have to be satisfied with that.
In answer to your question Andrew - your call mate!
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155415
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: All 49ers Aren't We?
Indeed Kennyboy, without Marcelo we would still be plodding about mid-table in the championship.Kennyb41 wrote: ↑Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:03 am In answer to the topic.
No i'm fcking not, and the sooner they're gone, the better.
And Radz is no true Leeds fan, well done, but piss off asap with your profit and take your clown with you.
Quite simply, Bert did everything for them and was Leeds through n through, football is all that mattered to him and his walks in the Dales.
-
Mountain
- First Team

- Posts: 2285
- Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:20 am
Re: All 49ers Aren't We?
Have followed the Green Bay Packers for almost 40 years now.
Not a fan of the 49ers, but don't dislike them as much as the Bears, Cowboys, Vikings etc.
Not a fan of the 49ers, but don't dislike them as much as the Bears, Cowboys, Vikings etc.
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79124
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: All 49ers Aren't We?
Best place to talk NFL is on the big LUFC forum, we could use more Packer/Patriot fans.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- whiteswan
- Superstar

- Posts: 20765
- Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am
Re: All 49ers Aren't We?
49ers for me since I went to San Francisco 40 years ago and fell in love with the place (although I don't watch games because I haven't a clue what's going on, and before faaip pipes in yes I know they don't actually play in San Fran at the mo)
No point me moping around because of who owns Leeds United or who doesn't. Theres nothing I can do about it so I'll just support my team whatever
No point me moping around because of who owns Leeds United or who doesn't. Theres nothing I can do about it so I'll just support my team whatever
-
Clacton White
- First Team

- Posts: 2074
- Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:56 pm
Re: All 49ers Aren't We?
No . Steelers for me , been the case since about 83/84 maybe .