Victor Orta

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Victor Orta sacked

Post by Sara »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 10:20 am Is that not 'gammon' at the end, or am i off to Google 'Mammon' ?
https://www.britannica.com/topic/mammon
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SaraM wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 7:49 am I'm still more concerned about the way Orta engineered things to bolster his own influence, rather than the success or failure of individual signings. I accept that there is a fairly low hit rate in the transfer market generally.

The scouting department at Leeds is apparently very small by premier league standards, despite hundreds of millions being spent on the club. It seems that we have never really had a professional or accountable set up under Orta, it's just been him and his 'projects'. This has led over time to a mish mash of a squad, and to the replacement of our best manager in a generation with two abject failures.

I'm hearing today (from a source I trust) about the divisions in the dressing room being between the players of the promotion team who give everything for the club, and signings like McKennie who don't want to be here, and don't give a s**t. If we go down, it will be this that has killed us, more than anything, and Orta has to be held accountable as it is a direct result of his policy and influence.

Sport itself is not a distraction of the rich. Professionalism, ie sport being subsumed by the market, ultimately has the same deleterious effect as on everything else which becomes primarily about the accumulation of money. I said I blamed Preston North End as the original worshippers of Mammon!
Same thing happened at Boro (it's basically a mirror image).

Signed foreign players who cared not at all about the club (and fell out with the players that did).

Get close to certain members of the squad (players he'd signed).

Brought in his friends to strengthen his position.

And signed so much dross it took Boro years to recover.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 4:46 pm Did you read the article before posting that?
Yeah I read it

He probably had his supporters I'm sure, he has history for bringing in his people loyal to him.

So they were probably upset

I never said he was universally unpopular.

But I think he was inept, had far far to much power for a position he isnt qualified for, and I suspect had players and staff loyal to him and in his ear.

He has a track record for being toxic when things don't go his way.

How dare he hold the club over a barrel with Marsch and how dare the idiot owners not sack him when he said it.

Should have been sacked for his unprofessional behaviour before.
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 11:52 am Same thing happened at Boro (it's basically a mirror image).

Signed foreign players who cared not at all about the club (and fell out with the players that did).

Get close to certain members of the squad (players he'd signed).

Brought in his friends to strengthen his position.

And signed so much dross it took Boro years to recover.
Monk also wasted the parachute payments on dross tbf.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

whiteinfrance wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 11:21 am From what I remember Bielsa said he wanted Bamford and no-one else
I think it was a very short list of targets, I think it more or less boiled down to either Vydra or Bamford and as such Bielsa wanted Bamford rather than the totally unsuitable, but probably more prolific, Vydra.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Clacton White wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 9:19 am I would say Rodrigo was or is somewhere between .He has had some good spells but also some awful , though generally he isn't a missed of sitters such as Bamford has been , some Bamford misses are awful and there have been spells with him where he could miss the easiest of chances .Let's not also forget Bamford himself was a player bought after other choices were no longer available , a typical Orta signing in that I have $xxm to spend and I AM going to spend it ( sorry for some reason I don't have a pound sign !). Look at early Orta signings , players who if they played , appeared barely then went on loan .I had forgotten about some players signed from England such as Douglas , the many failed loans ( usually Chelscum ) , mainly because they were exactly that , forgettable. Some of those rated as hits I would say are marginal , of course he has had some success but far more failure. I really don't think Leeds will miss him but would watch his next move with some interest to see how that goes......good luck to the club foolish enough to take him on , unless it's Chelscum and they deserve it 😆😆
Scored again yesterday took the gift well. Putting himself in the shop window on Old Kent road. That scattergun approach of quantity of quality was failed from the start without Bielsa. It would be great if he ended up at Chelski..... I just can't see it personally!
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Jaydog wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 3:14 pm In Cockney rhyming slang Rodrigo would be a “miss & hit”.
That was definitely Miss-Hit on Saturday.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Leeds1000 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 1:30 pm That was definitely Miss-Hit on Saturday.
Quality finish from Rodders. Sharp as a knife when the ball bounced his way. We have no one any where near his level for that type of chance. I’m sure he’d have got to 20 goals at least if the idiot Marsch hadn’t used him against Tadcaster Rovers in the Cup
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Jaydog wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 3:35 pm Quality finish from Rodders. Sharp as a knife when the ball bounced his way. We have no one any where near his level for that type of chance. I’m sure he’d have got to 20 goals at least if the idiot Marsch hadn’t used him against Tadcaster Rovers in the Cup
Idiot Marsch.....you said it. We were 3-0 up for flips sake. What a plonker he was and we should never have been saddled with him in the first place :x
hector

Post by hector »

whiteswan wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 4:25 pm Idiot Marsch.....you said it. We were 3-0 up for flips sake. What a plonker he was and we should never have been saddled with him in the first place :x
Come down off that fence Duckie... you'll get splinters in yer arse!!!! :shock: :shock:

I wish you could just say what you mean ;-) ;-)
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

hector wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 4:28 pm Come down off that fence Duckie... you'll get splinters in yer arse!!!! :shock: :shock:

I wish you could just say what you mean ;-) ;-)
Not as many splinters as Kalvin :roflmao:

I will say this dear heccy.....64 has a special photo taken just for you :)
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Orta's time at Leeds deconstructed:

https://leedsthat.com/podcasts-blog/191 ... ictor-orta
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 9:14 am It absolutely boils my pizz, to think the fcking idiots at the club and fans couldn't see through this fraud and we lost the greatest thing to ever happen to this club in my lifetime, complete fcking imbeciles the lot of em, as if Bert had the time to proper scout people, you have to trust your director these days :evil: I just can't take anybody serious that couldn't see all that.
I think a fair few fans did see through Orta , but not enough . In the general scheme of things if you were anti Orta , or generally just doubted a lot of his transactions, then as things were briefly going fairly well , you were just seen as either negative or moaning for the sake of moaning . It's now that all that bad business has come home to roost . Bielsa had the ability to transform average players into decent ones and a team capable of spells of brilliance ( along with some dire games too ) , but Marsch ? Gracia ? Hardly inspired choices . Given that Orta was the only one that wasn't really Ortas idea anyway it should tell people a lot. I wonder who Ortas choice of coach might have been after Heck , had the previous owner not pointed the club in the right direction ? I really dread to think .
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Cjay wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 4:27 pm He's been handing them out massive contracts despite not deserving it.

I don't doubt he's popular :lol:

He will get a new gig fairly easily.

Football is full of people doing poor to mediocre jobs and getting job after job.
His cv will have the usual spin " I saved LUFC , got them back to the top, it was ME ( Orta ) , without me they would still be a mid table championship side " . Some fool at some club will buy into that , then realize 5 years down the line HE is the problem .

Hopefully Chelscum😁😁😁
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Clacton White wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 12:29 pm I think a fair few fans did see through Orta , but not enough . In the general scheme of things if you were anti Orta , or generally just doubted a lot of his transactions, then as things were briefly going fairly well , you were just seen as either negative or moaning for the sake of moaning . It's now that all that bad business has come home to roost . Bielsa had the ability to transform average players into decent ones and a team capable of spells of brilliance ( along with some dire games too ) , but Marsch ? Gracia ? Hardly inspired choices . Given that Orta was the only one that wasn't really Ortas idea anyway it should tell people a lot. I wonder who Ortas choice of coach might have been after Heck , had the previous owner not pointed the club in the right direction ? I really dread to think .
Hammer nail head CW, it couldn't hve been put better :tup:

Orta wouldn't have found Bert in a million years, a complete fcking fraud of a man.

And deep down he knows it.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Clacton White wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 12:29 pm I think a fair few fans did see through Orta , but not enough . In the general scheme of things if you were anti Orta , or generally just doubted a lot of his transactions, then as things were briefly going fairly well , you were just seen as either negative or moaning for the sake of moaning . It's now that all that bad business has come home to roost . Bielsa had the ability to transform average players into decent ones and a team capable of spells of brilliance ( along with some dire games too ) , but Marsch ? Gracia ? Hardly inspired choices . Given that Orta was the only one that wasn't really Ortas idea anyway it should tell people a lot. I wonder who Ortas choice of coach might have been after Heck , had the previous owner not pointed the club in the right direction ? I really dread to think .
:tup:

Wait Cellino recommended Bielsa?! The guy really got a s**t stick from some of our fans.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

SG90 wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 12:55 pm :tup:

Wait Cellino recommended Bielsa?! The guy really got a s**t stick from some of our fans.
In hindsight though ........ yes he was totally nuts , but after Bates he started to get the club going in the right direction, but he didn't have the finances to take it further. He was and is though a football man , Radz is a business man , hence he needed someone with football knowledge....but he got the wrong one . I think Radz has tried his best but again has reached his limit . I do wonder how did Orta pop up on Radz radar ? And why ? For some reason I quite liked Cellino , he was a rogue , where Bates was pure nasty and greedy and I don't think he even liked Leeds , certainly not the fans . It's a shame Orta was involved alongside Radz , if he had someone else it may have worked better , far too reliant on Orta though. There is a lot to be said for the old ways of a manager getting players in that he thinks fit with the general plan , not a DoF who buys players and says work with what I get for you , however I also see it spares time for the coach to work with the team more .It's where the old Clough-Taylor thing worked so well , Taylor was an excellent spotter of football talent .
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Clacton White wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 2:28 pm In hindsight though ........ yes he was totally nuts , but after Bates he started to get the club going in the right direction, but he didn't have the finances to take it further. He was and is though a football man , Radz is a business man , hence he needed someone with football knowledge....but he got the wrong one . I think Radz has tried his best but again has reached his limit . I do wonder how did Orta pop up on Radz radar ? And why ? For some reason I quite liked Cellino , he was a rogue , where Bates was pure nasty and greedy and I don't think he even liked Leeds , certainly not the fans . It's a shame Orta was involved alongside Radz , if he had someone else it may have worked better , far too reliant on Orta though. There is a lot to be said for the old ways of a manager getting players in that he thinks fit with the general plan , not a DoF who buys players and says work with what I get for you , however I also see it spares time for the coach to work with the team more .It's where the old Clough-Taylor thing worked so well , Taylor was an excellent spotter of football talent .
All spot on again :tup:

I agree with it all, Cellino did us ok i thought, got us a bit more ship shape finance wise, recommended Bert and moved on, mad as a wasp but did us up best he could.

Radz just a complete pillock for hiring what i presume he thought was the best he could find, huge mistake, he should've realised what a fck up he'd made after just a couple of signings, but especially the Sack 'o' shite.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Clacton White wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 2:28 pm In hindsight though ........ yes he was totally nuts , but after Bates he started to get the club going in the right direction, but he didn't have the finances to take it further. He was and is though a football man , Radz is a business man , hence he needed someone with football knowledge....but he got the wrong one . I think Radz has tried his best but again has reached his limit . I do wonder how did Orta pop up on Radz radar ? And why ? For some reason I quite liked Cellino , he was a rogue , where Bates was pure nasty and greedy and I don't think he even liked Leeds , certainly not the fans . It's a shame Orta was involved alongside Radz , if he had someone else it may have worked better , far too reliant on Orta though. There is a lot to be said for the old ways of a manager getting players in that he thinks fit with the general plan , not a DoF who buys players and says work with what I get for you , however I also see it spares time for the coach to work with the team more .It's where the old Clough-Taylor thing worked so well , Taylor was an excellent spotter of football talent .
He was a nutcase, but he had us running at a profit while building a decent squad. Radz instantly had us losing £20m a year. And we found some good players for low fees Jansson, Roofe, Hernandez, Berardi, Wood etc and Ayling, Dallas, Cooper are still at the club.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Where did this Cellino recommend Bielsa thing come from?

Seen it mentioned before but can't find any reports of it.

Is it just one of those rumours that has become fact?
Signed

King Cjay