Victor Orta

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Re: Victor Orta sacked

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Clacton White wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 12:29 pm I think a fair few fans did see through Orta , but not enough . In the general scheme of things if you were anti Orta , or generally just doubted a lot of his transactions, then as things were briefly going fairly well , you were just seen as either negative or moaning for the sake of moaning . It's now that all that bad business has come home to roost . Bielsa had the ability to transform average players into decent ones and a team capable of spells of brilliance ( along with some dire games too ) , but Marsch ? Gracia ? Hardly inspired choices . Given that Orta was the only one that wasn't really Ortas idea anyway it should tell people a lot. I wonder who Ortas choice of coach might have been after Heck , had the previous owner not pointed the club in the right direction ? I really dread to think .
That was the case with me being a constant critic of Orta from about the time of the JKA fiasco.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

It was easy to give Orta the benefit of the doubt as things were going well on the pitch. However, apart from the hiring of Bielsa, this was despite Orta rather than because of Orta. I think Cellino was good for the club, he obviously wasn't as rich as others and was hounded relentlessly by the FA (or EFL) however as others have mentioned he left us in a better place and there had been a number of decent buys.Don't forget too that Radz benefitted massively from the sale of Wood for £15m (a £12m profit ona Cellino signing) which basically funded the signings we made, under him, in the championship.

Orta buying so many youth players also clouded the waters because you expect a low ratio of success (albeit not as low as we got) and there is always the thought that they may come good and as such can't judge too early etc. However out of all the young signings only Messlier has been a regular in the first team and that is as much down to Messlier's ability as it is to the total lack of competition for his place - Robles who is fairly much a journeyman keeper is looking a far safer pair of hands at present. Considering how much has been spent on our youth (including £7m for Messlier) to get such poor returns is not good. THen you look at the first team signings.....

Bielsa took what he had and got us promoted. Orta's signing helped very little. Douglas was none-existent, Costa average to poor and Bamford at £7m was hardly a bargain and for that level of investment in a player at championship level I would say he underperformed goalswise. Harrison played a part but was hardly a comparison to the likes of Harvey Barnes or Harry Wilson. The only real success was Ben White but I think this was more down to Bielsa getting the best out of him , like he did with KP and moudlign him into a superstar - if Orta's spreadsheet had earmarked White to be as good as he was then you'd have expected some thing in the deal to give us an option to buy even if it was more of just a notional figure which would have seemed high initially (sort of like those Portugese players who have big sell out clauses inserted in their clause before they have even kicked a ball. Again in the Premier League and Bielsa saved Orta. The signing of Raphinha the only success in the first year. Llorente did okay but we bought an injury prone defender who unsurprisingly was often injured. Koch was average, likewise Rodrigo Every man and his dog saw we needed a central midfielder and all Orta came up with was Cuisance who we were going to vastly overpay for before the move fell through which luckily for us and Orta meant we had the funds to buy Raphinha.

Smoke and mirrors but now the smoke has disappeared and, much like (insert username here), when we look in the mirror what we see is not pretty.
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

Clacton White wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 2:28 pm In hindsight though ........ yes he was totally nuts , but after Bates he started to get the club going in the right direction, but he didn't have the finances to take it further. He was and is though a football man , Radz is a business man , hence he needed someone with football knowledge....but he got the wrong one . I think Radz has tried his best but again has reached his limit . I do wonder how did Orta pop up on Radz radar ? And why ? For some reason I quite liked Cellino , he was a rogue , where Bates was pure nasty and greedy and I don't think he even liked Leeds , certainly not the fans . It's a shame Orta was involved alongside Radz , if he had someone else it may have worked better , far too reliant on Orta though. There is a lot to be said for the old ways of a manager getting players in that he thinks fit with the general plan , not a DoF who buys players and says work with what I get for you , however I also see it spares time for the coach to work with the team more .It's where the old Clough-Taylor thing worked so well , Taylor was an excellent spotter of football talent .
Bates was one of the darkest chapters of the club's history. A total scumbag who despised Leeds fans, and used the club as a cash cow. Far too many divvie happy clappy fans enabling the fucker, with the spectre of Risdale as a backdrop. As for Cellino, he was a proper 'sniffer' a total crank, and not forgetting McDermott, Rosler and Hockaday under his tenure.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

SaraM wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 8:35 am Orta's time at Leeds deconstructed:

https://leedsthat.com/podcasts-blog/191 ... ictor-orta
That was a great listen that Sara thx for posting.

Agreed with it all and just says to me - Ortas legacy = The division he has created.

Like they said he can drift off with millions, us fans are here forever.

A total fcking fraud and a bully in my eyes, w**ker, i hope scum employ him.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Phild
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Phild »

We all talk about Ortas appalling business.
For me Firpo is THE prime example.
Ortas own ego of signing a player from Barcelona.
If people didn’t know before Saturday, they sure do now how useless that guy is and exactly why Barcelona wanted rid.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Phild wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 4:43 pm We all talk about Ortas appalling business.
If people didn’t know before Saturday, they sure do now how useless that guy is and exactly why Barcelona wanted rid.
To be fair to Firpo, it was him who won us the penalty.

There are better left backs out there, of course there are, but he’s a country mile away from being Ortas’ worst signing.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Phild wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 4:43 pm We all talk about Ortas appalling business.
It may just be my perception but Firpo always has a look on his face like a kid who's done something wrong. He's had a handfull of really good games but is nowhere near the standard required. In hindsight maybe we should have stuck with Leif Davis a little longer.
Phild
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Phild »

Whenever a player is criticsed some on here Will point to perhaps one good thing he did in a game.
Is that one good thing (in Firpos game Saturday and Harrisons every game) enough.
Certainly not for me.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Will be announced as the replacement for Monchi at Sevilla.

Never has a man got so far with so little talent and just gets by by waffling on and sounding convincing

It's not what you know it's who you know.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Cjay wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:30 pm
Will be announced as the replacement for Monchi at Sevilla.

Never has a man got so far with so little talent and just gets by by waffling on and sounding convincing

It's not what you know it's who you know.
If you look at politics as a comparison it’s more or less the same.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Cjay wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:30 pm Never has a man got so far with so little talent and just gets by by waffling on and sounding convincing
I retired at 45.

Orta isn’t the only one :)
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:30 pm Never has a man got so far with so little talent and just gets by by waffling on and sounding convincing
You have mastered the first bit but not yet the second :)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

What a shame, was hoping he might consider coming back in our current predicament.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Sevilla bottom of the league with 3 defeats out of 3. I see it didn't take long for him to work his 'magic'. :roll:
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

SG90 wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:37 pm Sevilla bottom of the league with 3 defeats out of 3. I see it didn't take long for him to work his 'magic'. :roll:
Haven't looked at Seville , their players , transfers or anything ....but I would assume Orta is going about things in the exact same way.....buying a stack of youth in the hope he gets a Nicolas Anelka.....Wenger moment, a bunch of players going well in minor leagues.....he will soon be arguing with fans there. Don't think he will be missed, I bet Boro didn't and I know most of us won't.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Need to change the headline on this thread - I got excited when I saw it
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:12 pm Need to change the headline on this thread - I got excited when I saw it
Same here :roll:

;@)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Victor Orta

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:37 pm Sevilla bottom of the league with 3 defeats out of 3. I see it didn't take long for him to work his 'magic'. :roll:
So, Seville won't be winning any more European trophies :-D
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Victor Orta on another failure mission!

Post by GreennWhite »

I see Sergio Ramos has gone back to Sevilla, were he started 18 years ago. I like that when an ex player goes back to his original team. Would like to see it happen more in football.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Victor Orta on another failure mission!

Post by Barlow Boy »

GreennWhite wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:04 pm I see Sergio Ramos has gone back to Sevilla, were he started 18 years ago. I that when an ex player goes back to his original team. Would like to see it happen more in football.
I don’t know Greenie, it rarely works when a player goes back and surpasses what he did in his previous spell.