Angus Kinnear interview- Radz responds

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Angus Kinnear interview

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

1964white wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:49 am I like his “people call me a Tory twat, we can debate twat but I’m not a Tory! “ comment. Made me chuckle that one. :lol:
I wanted to repeat that same sentence myself

We can have a healthy debate about tw@t

But I'm definitely not a Tory
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

I'm not a Kinnear fan by any means, but to be fair to him, he did admit the board had made mistakes.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:20 pm I'm not a Kinnear fan by any means, but to be fair to him, he did admit the board had made mistakes.
He did but it was done with deflections.

Talking about how Hecky manages in the Prem now, what that got to do with it?

Marsch had a great record when he arrived, no he didn't.

Didn't hear him taking much responsibility, Radz, Orta controlled this and that

What does Kinnear do?

Lots of sucking up to the new owners.

Did like that he dropped them in it with the loan clauses which they knew all about
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

1964white wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:20 pm I'm not a Kinnear fan by any means, but to be fair to him, he did admit the board had made mistakes.
Plenty of contrition but no evidence of conviction.

He doesn’t strike me as decisive in any sense.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Sometimes it is hard not to admit a turd smells.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

DDB220 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:55 pm Plenty of contrition but no evidence of conviction.

He doesn’t strike me as decisive in any sense.
Nor me too, DDB.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:41 pm He did but it was done with deflections.

What does Kinnear do?

Did like that he dropped them in it with the loan clauses which they knew all about
Agree mate, he is not a man I would trust, hence the labelling as one of the Three Stooges!
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:41 pm He did but it was done with deflections.

What does Kinnear do?

Indeed it was. Always someone else's fault. Always happy to talk up something to make him or the club look good, such as trying to suggest they made a good decision to hire Heckingbottom (cos he is doing well at Sheff U) - no mention then of why they sacked him if they thought he was so good and no mention as to how Tomas Christiansen is doing

Even with the loan clauses he was quick to big up the saving in wages etc rather than the fact we were overpaying them and that no club wanted to buy them for anything like the inflated fees we paid.

All just about making token concessions to foll people into thinking you are genuine and then snowballing them with your agenda. Like a biased ref giving you a couple of cheap free kicks in areas of the pitch where there is no danger. You then think as he has given you those free kicks that were somewhat generous that he can't be biased. He then gives the opposition a penalty for nothing. Kinnear gives the small concessions of fault but then absolves himself or the club of any real blame.
PhoenixUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Hmmm. Angus Kinnear come across as a slippery ell that is very difficult to pin down. He is an element of the previous regime that helped create the shambles that we were last season and the second half of the season previous. He is also culpable as part of that team for the ticking bombs that have gone off of late. As CEO did he ask the difficult questions and point fingers when it was all falling down around him. Did he point out the obvious problems to his Boss and did he have any solutions? Did he like heck as Nell. And there he is in all his glory still in his job.

I have no idea what it is that AK does but am sure that he is handsomely rewarded. As for what he has to say - I take it all with a great big pinch of salt in the same way as I do whenever any politician opens his mouth. I am no wiser now having listened and watched the interview than I was before it.
Keep The Faith MOT WAL
Rook
First Team
First Team

Post by Rook »

Fair play to him for doing the show.
I smell blood and an era of prominent mad men - W.H. Auden
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 4:12 pm Indeed it was. Always someone else's fault. Always happy to talk up something to make him or the club look good, such as trying to suggest they made a good decision to hire Heckingbottom (cos he is doing well at Sheff U) - no mention then of why they sacked him if they thought he was so good and no mention as to how Tomas Christiansen is doing

Even with the loan clauses he was quick to big up the saving in wages etc rather than the fact we were overpaying them and that no club wanted to buy them for anything like the inflated fees we paid.

All just about making token concessions to foll people into thinking you are genuine and then snowballing them with your agenda. Like a biased ref giving you a couple of cheap free kicks in areas of the pitch where there is no danger. You then think as he has given you those free kicks that were somewhat generous that he can't be biased. He then gives the opposition a penalty for nothing. Kinnear gives the small concessions of fault but then absolves himself or the club of any real blame.
Its all very politician like.

Ah yes this can be perceived as wrong but this this and this

Yes in hindsight this can be perceived as wrong but at the time this this and this.

He refused to hold his hands up enough for me, was always admission with excuses.

Saved £40mil on wages for those players that left? Just shows we were paying ridiculous wages to players who werent worth it having overpaid for players who weren't worth the fees we paid in the hope they may become 9/10players rather than the 5/10 we signed (a rather strange admission I felt).

What had some randomisers from the Austrian League done to earn £30,40k a week?

They should have been on £15-20k max and that would have removed the need for these above average wage reductions because those are ok in the Championship.

We turned down £25mil for Meslier? What's positive about that? That's a great price.

Struijk £12-15mil turned down? Again how is turning that down a positive?

Harrison wouldn't accept a new contract without a loan clause, then lower the wage reduction to 20-30% and back the club to be able to get a decent price in the summer rather than naff all.

Then when he laid out all the things Victor Orta had to do and was involved in and then in the same sentence pointed out how some of these things were skills he may not have had like organising contracts . . . . . Well why was he allowed to be involved?

And wtf were you doing? Orta seemed to do everything.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Ooo Radz firing back
He probably has a point, it is Kinnear's job to run LUFC day to day and advise the board on best practice not just blindly do as he is told.

Then again Radz as owner not suggesting he should scrutinise every detail of every contract (the tea bag delivery).

But the contracts of the most valuable assets of your business, perhaps should be getting those looked at if not by himself then by unbiased parties? A legal team separate from the club ?

Maybe Radz was just utterly Clueless and totally reliant on Laurel and Hardy.

Anyway interesting to see the 3 stooges throwing each other under the bus :lol:

Radz did it to Orta now Kinnear

Kinnear did it to Radz and Orta.

Come on Victor your turn :)
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Re: Angus Kinnear interview- Radz responds

Post by 1964white »

The Three Stooges fighting each other, passing the buck for their irresponsible management.

Interesting replies from Leeds fans, :-D these three are not wriggling out of our demise with ease.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

My signature below says it all, as i have done for years.

Radz knew absolute jackshit about football/footballers, bought a business re LUFC, then hired what he thought was the best in the business in Orta, now after just a couple of buys i myself would've known i'd hired a prick/clown and sacked the twat, the dumb fcker still didn't know he'd hired a total fraud and got bullied by him....THAT WAS HIS BIGGEST MISTAKE BY FAR.

Bert pulled the fcking pair of them out the shite which painted over/masked the complete and utter incompetence of both the knobheads but mainly the fcking fraud/clown. And Radz would now be bankrupt without Bert, and if i got my way Orta would be in fooking Siberia smashing rocks up.

Kinnear - I've always maintained i didn't 100% fully know his role in owt, but was and still am convincd he was bullied by the clown and just towed the line like a " yes sir no sir 3 bags fcking full sir " role, and most likely took it up the arse if asked/told.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
PhoenixUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Cjay wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:31 pm Ooo Radz firing back
He probably has a point, it is Kinnear's job to run LUFC day to day and advise the board on best practice not just blindly do as he is told.

Then again Radz as owner not suggesting he should scrutinise every detail of every contract (the tea bag delivery).

But the contracts of the most valuable assets of your business, perhaps should be getting those looked at if not by himself then by unbiased parties? A legal team separate from the club ?

Maybe Radz was just utterly Clueless and totally reliant on Laurel and Hardy.

Anyway interesting to see the 3 stooges throwing each other under the bus :lol:

Radz did it to Orta now Kinnear

Kinnear did it to Radz and Orta.

Come on Victor your turn :)
I'm wait for the bit that goes along the lines of:
Just one cotton picking minute. All very well people pointing their finger at me but I only owned the shop and paid others to look after it. I saw no evil, heard no evil and obviously spoke no evil FFS. Orta screwed up in the Sales and Acquisitions department and Kinnear was in charge of security and he never bothered to lock and shut the doors!

Also my friends, do not forget that the 49rs held only a touch under half of the undertaking. What were they doing whist the ship was showing signs of leaking and listing and going down. Didn't see them even helping with moving the deck chairs around! Tell me
Keep The Faith MOT WAL
1964white

Post by 1964white »

How good was Dan & Michael interviewing Kinnear?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

The £6mil a year wages comment on Llorente is interesting in the sense it would be absolutely bonkers if he was on anything like that.

£115,000 a week that would be.

Maybe Kinnear is exaggerating but even half that is nearly £60k a week.

And court documents show we agreed to pay JKA £85000 a week (for which we still owe over £20mil).

The money this lot pissed away is absolutely staggering.

That Llorente contract even at £60k a week would be madness but anything close to £100k a week would boggle the mind.

And the club tried to sell his new deal as protecting his value because Orta believed he'd seen a gap in the market.

Madness

Then they defend the loan clauses by saying they were necessary because of the wage bill

They set the bloody wage bill by paying donkey players £60,70,80,90k a week!!!!!
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

None of them can take any responsibility for it. The fact that Kinnear is still here sickens me. But the likelihood is he will be gone by the summer.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:52 pm Yup

He did say the Brighton model a couple of times. That's not 40 to 50 million players. It's 10 million players that you sell for 40 to 50 million.

Bielsa's final season - He should have been backed with the same number of players in the same price range that Marsch was. Instead we just did James and Firpo.
"The Brighton model" was the "Leicester model", the "Southampton model", the "Swansea model" etc a few years back. How about we stop copying others? They've also been bankrolled by a sugar daddy with huge debts, but that's always left out of the love in with them.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Apparently, Radz has deleted his Kinnear tweets.