Where will Leeds finish this season?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Poll ended at Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:20 pm

Top 6
14%
7th-9th
5%
10th-12th
14%
13th-16th
48%
17th-21st
10%
22nd-24th (relegated)
10%

Total votes: 21

Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

Vote where you think Leeds will finish this season. At the start I said top half, I now don't think we will be top half this season, I think a finish of around 13th-16th is the most likely at the moment.
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Re: Where will Leeds finish this season?

Post by paddy parrott »

Top ten no but eleventh or twelfth I'd say.
Gregsta
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Gregsta »

I think Cook or Mowatt will be sold in Jan. Byram will go too. Cellino will still be our owner for the remainder of the season at least, we won't get anything decent player wise coming in and we'll just unravel and be in a relegation fight come March time.

Sorry to be negative but that's my opinion... Hopefully I'm totally wrong!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gregsta wrote:I think Cook or Mowatt will be sold in Jan. Byram will go too. Cellino will still be our owner for the remainder of the season at least, we won't get anything decent player wise coming in and we'll just unravel and be in a relegation fight come March time.

Sorry to be negative but that's my opinion... Hopefully I'm totally wrong!
We've just signed Bridcutt on loan & he looks decent

Losing Cook would be a massive blow although it's inevitable he'll go at sometime, don't think it will be January though
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

1964white wrote:We've just signed Bridcutt on loan & he looks decent

Losing Cook would be a massive blow although it's inevitable he'll go at sometime, don't think it will be January though
We only have Bridcutt until January though because of the limit on emergency loans...
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

13th or below I think.

Had high hopes for a top 10 finish at the start of the season, but the wheels came off after Pearson left and Rosler was sacked. Would hope we manage to finish top half, but it's going to a lot of effort to bring consistent enough results.

We'll probably finish 15th again, underlining the lack of progress we've made over the last 3/4 years.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

I'll stick with my initial view at the start of the season we'll finish between 7th & 10th with a possible chance of snatching a play-off place

Cellino didn't purchase LUFC out of a whim & to hover around the bottom half of the table, he always insisted this would be the season we'd improve our league position

Who voted for a top 6 finish out of interest ?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Genghers wrote: We only have Bridcutt until January though because of the limit on emergency loans...
if Sunderland are interested we need to negotiate a switch deal between Byram & Bridcutt

Bridcutt is still young & has plenty of fire in his belly unlike Sam. Liam Bridcutt will be influential this season & more use to us than young Sam tbh
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

1964white wrote:if Sunderland are interested we need to negotiate a switch deal between Byram & Bridcutt

Bridcutt is still young & has plenty of fire in his belly unlike Sam. Liam Bridcutt will be influential this season & more use to us than young Sam tbh
Don't think it's a fair swap really, Byram has much more potential, regardless of form. Could see it happening though.

Sam has found himself largely redundant this season due to Berardi's form and us bringing in proper wingers. Though he'd have been my choice at RB when Taylor was out, he wasn't picked and so has had no chance (and will get no chance) to establish himself back in the team.

Evans has said that he won't play a part until he signs and Byram wants assurances that he's a first team player, so we're going to lose him.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

As always start of this season I was really optimistic and yes I thought we may make top 6 even put a quid or two on it Doh!

I now think we'll muddle around where we are now somewhere 13-16th can't see us getting any higher as much as I'd love us to. Rest of the season will pretty much be the same as the first half a couple of highs and lots of lows our team will be brilliant and shite in equal measure and can see Bryam and one from Mowatt or Cook leaving in Jan.
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'd like to keep Byram, Quality is there and for me a better right sided midfielder than full back.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
ldsutd
First Team
First Team

Post by ldsutd »

Was confident of a top 10 at the start of the season, now I would say 13 to 16th in the league.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

I thought top six at the beginning of the season and if we can put a good run together we can still manage it....Didnt Reading under McDermott string a load of results together in the second half of the season the year they got promoted? One of the problems as I see it is that all the so called bigger clubs in the championship are gonna bust a gut this year to get into the premier league because its going to be even more lucrative. The clubs with money will just chuck everything at promotion. Money is going to talk I'm afraid and I don't think we can compete in that area
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

1964white wrote:I'll stick with my initial view at the start of the season we'll finish between 7th & 10th with a possible chance of snatching a play-off place

Cellino didn't purchase LUFC out of a whim & to hover around the bottom half of the table, he always insisted this would be the season we'd improve our league position

Who voted for a top 6 finish out of interest ?
Me :) :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote:
Me :) :bear:
Nice one young lady :cup
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Somewhere between 13th and 16th. Cellino may want us to get promoted, but how he conducts the football side of things makes that a forlorn hope, imo. There'll be at least one more coach before the season's out, and it'll be the usual stop-start-false-dawn (repeat to fade) until the season ends on its usual whimper for us.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
hibbi86
First Team
First Team
Twitter: @Hibbi86

Post by hibbi86 »

10-12th

i would expect to see Byram gone in Jan more likely he will be offered around over xmas to find any potential suitor. I think cellino is Mad enough that he may even invest money in January on a couple of players.

If Steve Evans is still in charge come then, which i hope he is as we do not need this constant hiring and firing mentality the guy should be given a chance to get the team to gel and with an addition of one or 2 of his own to suit his needs and style of play.
Forever and ever we shall follow are team, because we're Leeds United we rule supreme!
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

13th-16th but I'd be delighted to be proved wrong. Unfortunately, inconsistency has been our only consistency.
Last Saturday was great though and it's nice to be able to believe for a while.
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

Genghers wrote: Don't think it's a fair swap really, Byram has much more potential, regardless of form. Could see it happening though.

I think it is not as unfair as you are suggesting, but yes I agree Sam has greater potential.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

Easily talented enough for top 6, but whether or not Evans can push them to that level consistently remains to be seen.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011