Luke Ayling- Farewell Bill

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Luke Ayling

Post by Jaydog »

Sam will eat him for that. Crush his skull with his thumb and cover him with thick gravy. Mmmmmm
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Jaydog wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 12:26 pm Sam will eat him for that. Crush his skull with his thumb and cover him with thick gravy. Mmmmmm
Appointing Big Sam is worth it for the gravy jokes alone!! Humour is all we have left, so why not :lol: :lol:
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

Cjay wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 12:13 pm What he may or may not of said is irrelevant

And at the time I was focused on other players being at fault (like McKennie and Harrison).

But wtf is Ayling doing?

Walking back

His man for a start is Ryan Christie (Bournemouth 10) who ends up in the six yard box with Ayling no where near.

Makes it worse is from where Ayling is he can see Lerma long before the shot, does he do anything? No

Walking on a pitch as Vice Captain ffs

Sums the state of this club up

We need to ship so many of this lot out and Ayling is one.

Pathetic
Wow, I didn’t notice that. That’s classic “audiencing”. Only thing I can think of is that he thought he might be the outlet for the clearance. But that’s shambolic. And here I gave him a halfway decent rating…
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

lufc1304 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 12:39 pm Appointing Big Sam is worth it for the gravy jokes alone!! Humour is all we have left, so why not :lol: :lol:
Actually looking forward to his post match assessment now :roflmao:
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

lufc1304 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 12:39 pm Appointing Big Sam is worth it for the gravy jokes alone!! Humour is all we have left, so why not :lol: :lol:
Thought you said “we only have hummus left” there for a minute.
Mmmmm hummus with lashings of thick gravy
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Jaydog wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 2:42 pm Thought you said “we only have hummus left” there for a minute.
Mmmmm hummus with lashings of thick gravy
f**k sake!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:08 pm I hope Luke is not reading those replies on twitter.
I haven't seen them 64, but if he has, then it ought to fire him up to prove everyone wrong.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Jaydog wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 12:47 pm Actually looking forward to his post match assessment now :roflmao:
Farley will be all over this, can't wait to see his Sam impression 😄
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Regarding the clip that many have jumped on and agreed with the initial narrative -

Watch the footage again. When the ball is played forward Ayling is pretty much level with Summerville and Bamford near the halfway line. Lerma is stood between Summerville and Bamford in the D.

So neither of those two track his run, but Ayling is the one who is blamed. WTF was Roca doing - he went to the same defensive school as Firpo. Chasing after the ball and ending up completely out of position in no man’s land.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

DDB220 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 8:17 pm Regarding the clip that many have jumped on and agreed with the initial narrative -

Watch the footage again. When the ball is played forward Ayling is pretty much level with Summerville and Bamford near the halfway line. Lerma is stood between Summerville and Bamford in the D.

So neither of those two track his run, but Ayling is the one who is blamed. WTF was Roca doing - he went to the same defensive school as Firpo. Chasing after the ball and ending up completely out of position in no man’s land.
Bamford isn't expected to track the run of a cm

Neither is Summerville.

Ayling is the right back and Vice Captain , the Bournemouth left winger ends up in the 6 yard box having started not far from Ayling.

He was miles off him, one of them tried to get forward the other made no attempt to get back whatsoever.

Is Ayling solely to blame? Course not, Roca, McKennie, Harrison etc

But as Vice Captain and a defender he should do far more than he does, he's walking around!!!

He can see we are in trouble, just watches it unfold and makes a half hearted jog right at the end.

People like to mention Bielsa, he'd be absolutely furious with that.

It's not acceptable and sums the shocking state of the club up
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Seeing we had 4 players around their CF and 6 in the box when they scored it is a bit rich to blame Ayling.

Get a fecking foot in.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 8:24 pm Bamford isn't expected to track the run of a cm

Neither is Summerville.

Ayling is the right back and Vice Captain , the Bournemouth left winger ends up in the 6 yard box having started not far from Ayling.

He was miles off him, one of them tried to get forward the other made no attempt to get back whatsoever.

Is Ayling solely to blame? Course not, Roca, McKennie, Harrison etc

But as Vice Captain and a defender he should do far more than he does, he's walking around!!!

He can see we are in trouble, just watches it unfold and makes a half hearted jog right at the end.

People like to mention Bielsa, he'd be absolutely furious with that.

It's not acceptable and sums the shocking state of the club up
Unfortunately he is untouchable in some of our fans eyes because we got promoted. :roll:
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

White Riot wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 8:03 pm Farley will be all over this, can't wait to see his Sam impression 😄
His new Big Sam impression is now available. The breaking news banner is probably the most amusing thing :roflmao:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Jaydog wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 8:03 am His new Big Sam impression is now available. The breaking news banner is probably the most amusing thing :roflmao:
Aye, not one of his better ones tbh, and I find his Harry Kane is pretty crap too.

But the latest Harry Redknapp impression is priceless 😂

https://youtu.be/MWE5nfN5PTQ
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

White Riot wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 8:12 am Aye, not one of his better ones tbh, and I find his Harry Kane is pretty crap too.

But the latest Harry Redknapp impression is priceless 😂

https://youtu.be/MWE5nfN5PTQ
Yeah that is a classic. Harry must laugh when he sees that
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Jaydog wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 8:39 am Yeah that is a classic. Harry must laugh when he sees that
I actually, related to the Orta thread, believe Harry is another narcissist, and will be deeply offended by this 8-)
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

White Riot wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 8:41 am I actually, related to the Orta thread, believe Harry is another narcissist, and will be deeply offended by this 8-)
Good. That’s probably the idea.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Jaydog wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 8:43 am Good. That’s probably the idea.
Remember on one interview he took great offence to being called a Cockney wide boy. Which to me, was a pretty accurate assessment of him.

But as a typical narcissist his ego would not accept reality and didn't find the reporter's comments palatable.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

White Riot wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 8:53 am Remember on one interview he took great offence to being called a Cockney wide boy. Which to me, was a pretty accurate assessment of him.

But as a typical narcissist his ego would not accept reality and didn't find the reporter's comments palatable.
That’s why I think that impression is actually well observed.

Is Big Sam the same though or just completely deluded
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Jaydog wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 9:03 am That’s why I think that impression is actually well observed.

Is Big Sam the same though or just completely deluded
I don't think he's deluded Jay.

He seems like a realist to me and has the pragmatic approach we need.

It is worrying though, as others have said, that he has headed a lot of heavy leather balls during his football career and that may have caused him some brain damage.