Must do better

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Must do better

Post by Cjay »

Most shots, most shots on target, most touches in the opposition box in any Leeds game this season.

But we drew. :evil:

Same as Millwall, same as Birmingham, we should have won.

We didn't because we lacked a clinical edge.

We have dropped 7 points at least because we havent taken the chances we created.

Teams that get promoted arent so wasteful.

Must become more clinical. :(
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Must do better

Post by SG90 »

No luck atm or all season.
Douglas hitting his shoulder not head.
The almost own goal from them that went just wide.
The hit and hope that goes in off the post, if it was us it'd be no goal.

If we start getting the luck of others we'll coast to victories.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:56 pm No luck atm or all season.
Douglas hitting his shoulder not head.
The almost own goal from them that went just wide.
The hit and hope that goes in off the post, if it was us it'd be no goal.

If we start getting the luck of others we'll coast to victories.
All ifs and buts imo.

Very pleased with the performance and a point at Hillsborough isnt a bad point, same as at The Den.

But we must start winning again, especially in games where we have the chances to.

Not being negative but more clinical play and 1 win in 5 would, could and chance wise should be 4 wins in 5.

Winning when you play poorly is great.

Not winning when you should is something that cant carry on for to long imo.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

I'm not to bothered.
Still top with 4 or 5 good players to come back.
Played well tonight.
irishpat
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by irishpat »

Totally agree ,,, we didn't spend much money at all ,, when saiz plays well like tonight it's class someone said he's premier league I thought that before he's not only when he's on game premier league u always have to be on game for cam role ,,m alioski hot and cold every game think Harrison getting better every game Roberts did well ,, but we need a plan b in championship against strong phyteams tonight was just not gonna happen ,, Phillips played very well cleaned Bannan but if Bannan had Phillips help ????we didn't replace viera , I haven't seen Forshaw do anything for us yet but is not ur typical aggressive player u need like Bieslas pochettino guardiola teams have enforcers who could pass the ball ,, Phillips gets overpowered by big physical aggressive ball winners and swanseas Dutch international who is class way too good for championship Leroy fer made that so noticeable we payed ten million for bamford hes 25 now ,, but it happens a lot to Philips u want ur commander to be ur leader as well he can pass but I hope he can do it is he's hot or cold ,we sold viera for 7 bought bamford for 10 , last year against derby viera was unreal overpowered Bradley Johnson will Hughe and s I think Huddlestone as well in 50/50 hungrier Phillips be fine in a 3 mans with Bridgett who I though was a stupid sell at time ... I suppose he sees it al in training lassoga is banging them in grot had confidissues plan b though 2strikers ,, January with a kitty Gary medel cover every defensive position, loan a prem striker ,, hopefully no need to buy keeper but we should have ,,
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

only criticism really apart from our finishing is our decision making again could have been better. nevertheless still a very good perfomance.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Not worried as games like this happen all the time where the chances all fall to the wrong players, or the opposition keeper has a blinder. The important thing is that we keep creating the chances and hopefully when the likes of Roofe, Bamford and Hernandez are back, or when Harrison gets more composure, or when Alioski and Saiz rediscover their scoring boots we will be fine. For Saiz to have not scored yet in the league this season is staggering given his ability to score. Harrison looks like he has goals in him. Alioski continues to look like he could go a run of scoring goals, like he did last season. Tyler Roberts is still learning but looks to have goals in him, but they may come in snatches rather than steadily.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:30 am Not worried as games like this happen all the time where the chances all fall to the wrong players, or the opposition keeper has a blinder. The important thing is that we keep creating the chances and hopefully when the likes of Roofe, Bamford and Hernandez are back, or when Harrison gets more composure, or when Alioski and Saiz rediscover their scoring boots we will be fine. For Saiz to have not scored yet in the league this season is staggering given his ability to score. Harrison looks like he has goals in him. Alioski continues to look like he could go a run of scoring goals, like he did last season. Tyler Roberts is still learning but looks to have goals in him, but they may come in snatches rather than steadily.
I'm not concerned too Weasel, especially as I'm watching the best football since we dropped out of the premiership

Yes we should have taken our chances however I finding it difficult to understand the negativity I'm reading when we have stuffed the Owls football-wise without three of our big players who were instrumental in similar performances v Stoke & Derby.

I feel some team is gonna take a real hammering score-wise in the next few games. I can't recall feeling like this in many many years
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

1964white wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:48 am I'm not concerned too Weasel, especially as I'm watching the best football since we dropped out of the premiership

Yes we should have taken our chances however I finding it difficult to understand the negativity I'm reading when we have stuffed the Owls football-wise without three of our big players who were instrumental in similar performances v Stoke & Derby.

I feel some team is gonna take a real hammering score-wise in the next few games. I can't recall feeling like this in many many years
With you there, our team look fit, motivated and well organised. Keep playing like we are and we will be there or there abouts. If Wednesday had won last night they would have been one point behind so we outplayed a decent side.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:48 am I'm not concerned too Weasel, especially as I'm watching the best football since we dropped out of the premiership

100% agree. When you hear the opposition manager basically saying we ripped them apart and should have won then it speaks volumes. Like you say some team will get stuffed by us soon and it will be a flip from this match and we will probably score 6 out of 7 shots and not play as well as we did last night.

My only 2 concerns are firstly that we don't have a proven goalscorer, and I include Roofe and Bamford in that assessment. Roofe has always shown potential but hasn't yet had consistent scoring for us over a lengthy period. Bamford has done well in the past but equally wasn't first choice last season at Boro and hasn't strung several seasons together of goalscoring. Secondly we still gift the opposition decent chances. I know it is mainly due to the risks we take, which are necessary to play the way we do, but it makes us capable of losing to any team as we could easily gift them a quick couple of goals and find ourselves with a mountain to climb. Not sure really how we combat either point as we are limited to the players we have and whilst there has been significant improvement in a lot of them they will naturally have a ceiling on their ability.
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

I'd agree with most of you all. What we could become is the " ARSENAL OF the championship;However that hopefully won't occur we are under a top football coach on and off the park that should prevent too much complacency. Our forwards are all injured and must be chomping at the bit.
Newport white
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Newport white »

Agree with most above, like I said to a negative poster on the match thread we totally out played a top 6 contender with 4 key players out, my question is can we show ambition and sign a Mitrovich type proven goal scorer in January? If the answer is yes then we go up imo
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'm quite happy with Roofe and Bamford thanks, both proven to me. I've watched them play and we spent 10M on Bamford
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
hector

Post by hector »

faaip wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:23 pm I'm quite happy with Roofe and Bamford thanks, both proven to me. I've watched them play and we spent 10M on Bamford
Ditto :tup:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

weasel wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:26 pm 100% agree. When you hear the opposition manager basically saying we ripped them apart and should have won then it speaks volumes. Like you say some team will get stuffed by us soon and it will be a flip from this match and we will probably score 6 out of 7 shots and not play as well as we did last night.

My only 2 concerns are firstly that we don't have a proven goalscorer, and I include Roofe and Bamford in that assessment. Roofe has always shown potential but hasn't yet had consistent scoring for us over a lengthy period. Bamford has done well in the past but equally wasn't first choice last season at Boro and hasn't strung several seasons together of goalscoring. Secondly we still gift the opposition decent chances. I know it is mainly due to the risks we take, which are necessary to play the way we do, but it makes us capable of losing to any team as we could easily gift them a quick couple of goals and find ourselves with a mountain to climb. Not sure really how we combat either point as we are limited to the players we have and whilst there has been significant improvement in a lot of them they will naturally have a ceiling on their ability.
Bamford was Championship player of the year in 2015 and has had a 20 goal season in the league. He's scored more goals than Assombalonga, who is overrated.