Ben White

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Ben White

Post by The Subhuman »

Actually I don't think so as I don't think there's much between the bottom 10 of the prem and most of the Championship. Go ask Sunderland Stoke and a few others.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

faaip wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:47 pm Actually I don't think so as I don't think there's much between the bottom 10 of the prem and most of the Championship. Go ask Sunderland Stoke and a few others.
I've asked them, and you're absolutely right.
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

Metro1962 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:26 pm Brighton have put a price on Ben White and it is

£50 Million :shock:

That is why they have rejected 3 bids off Leeds.
Truly delusional.

Good quality central defenders seem to have been in massive demand over the last few years (certainly more than attackers). Ridiculous fees like £80m for Maguire have inflated the market.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

As much as I want Ben White back in the fold, the asking price is outrageous at this time, the club are using him to try and cash in on his Bielsa education and not thinking about him at all. Given he has turned down 3 new contracts from Brighton, (why wouldn't he? they say he is worth 50M, well he is saying prove it! (agent bs?!) if you get it you will sell me, you want to keep me pay me what you are telling the rest of the league)...feel sorry for the lad, but if he is not prepared to ask for a transfer and go to the team he (Says he) wants, and he would be well looked after with us, then I am not feeling any love right now Brighton no way can keep his development going like Bielsa can.... No more wasting oxygen, time is pressing now, there are others available.
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Would like him to stay , but not in Leeds hands . 9 for last season , butI think the club can get as good for less than Brighton want , shame for White as I think it would have done his career good.............. Maybe , some day 🤔
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Very grateful to Ben for last season, but glad this is over at least for now.

It had reached stupid money.

£25mil for Ben White plus add ons.

Arsenal are only paying £27mil for Gabriel, ones played in Europe and a high level the other hasnt played above 2nd division.

See ya next summer Ben after Brighton get relegated :)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

Cjay wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:15 pm
Very grateful to Ben for last season, but glad this is over at least for now.

It had reached stupid money.

£25mil for Ben White plus add ons.

Arsenal are only paying £27mil for Gabriel, ones played in Europe and a high level the other hasnt played above 2nd division.

See ya next summer Ben after Brighton get relegated :)
Hopefully this puts a stop to this whole ordeal.

We were never going to get him, this has felt painfully obvious to us fans for a couple of weeks now.

I know we’re only likely to sign one CB, but £25m could bring us in a high quality CB and a decent back up option.
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

get 2 bloody CB for 25m so who is orta going to get, we need some signing soon very soon
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

More yet on the abysmal Ben White saga

Post by Smudge3920 »

I dont believe for a minute Brighton would not sell Ben to a Prem opponent if they got what they are asking for ... The club should be ashamed of what they are putting White through a player of his age and still needs some guidance... All they had to say IF they were genuine in keeping him .."White not for sale at any price" and close any discussion.

https://motleedsnews.com/transfers/yep- ... uge-shock/
Last edited by YorkshireSquare on Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged topics, we've already got a thread on Ben White
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Can officially close this thread/rumour now.

Ben White's agent been on Sky Sports and said he wont be joining us.

"The latest is there are a lot of conversations happening. Unfortunatlety for the Leeds fans, Ben's just not going to be coming to Leeds," his agent Alex Levack said.

"Brighton have categorically said that they will not be selling to Leeds though, unfortunately that's the case.

"There's converstaions going on, Ben is away in Scotland with the Brighton team for pre-season, getting himself fit, getting around the team, I would say 'watch this space' over the next few days."
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:13 pm Can officially close this thread/rumour now.

Ben White's agent been on Sky Sports and said he wont be joining us.

"The latest is there are a lot of conversations happening. Unfortunatlety for the Leeds fans, Ben's just not going to be coming to Leeds," his agent Alex Levack said.

"Brighton have categorically said that they will not be selling to Leeds though, unfortunately that's the case.

"There's converstaions going on, Ben is away in Scotland with the Brighton team for pre-season, getting himself fit, getting around the team, I would say 'watch this space' over the next few days."
Liverpool or Citeh then :(
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Ben White- Wont be joining

Post by The Subhuman »

Would either pay 35 -50 M for a player they're not likely to start?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Glad that is over then.

Great player. We got fantastic service for next to nothing be happy that we did.

Now he will be signed by one of the top six and probably need a loan if he is to see regular footy this term.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Irish Ian wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:54 pm Glad that is over then.

Great player. We got fantastic service for next to nothing be happy that we did.

Now he will be signed by one of the top six and probably need a loan if he is to see regular footy this term.
bang on ...City buy him loan him to us... I know I know pipe dream lol
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Smudge3920 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:56 pm bang on ...City buy him loan him to us... I know I know pipe dream lol
A possibility :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:40 pm Would either pay 35 -50 M for a player they're not likely to start?
The top six clubs do though!

Ben's progress would develop nicely under Pep or Klopp
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Smudge3920 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:56 pm bang on ...City buy him loan him to us... I know I know pipe dream lol
Would have to be January as you cannot buy then loan in the prem in the same transfer window. More likely is Ben gets to play Championship again if he's picked up by City or Pool etc
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Anyone else feel a little disgruntled at the Brighton stance today/yesterday?

I hope they flounder this year, that we spank them home and away and that Mr Potter gets a severe kick on the ass that makes his eyes water as he leaves.

No, not bitter, much. :)

I know Ben is their player etc., but he's made in Leeds.

Whether they sell him to City / Liverpool or keep him, it will add a bit of spice for me when we play them. :rant:
gessa

Post by gessa »

Carrick Dave wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:44 pm Anyone else feel a little disgruntled at the Brighton stance today/yesterday?

I hope they flounder this year, that we spank them home and away and that Mr Potter gets a severe kick on the ass that makes his eyes water as he leaves.

Whether they sell him to City / Liverpool or keep him, it will add a bit of spice for me when we play them. :rant:
Tbh Davy, if I was a Brighton fan, (which I'm grateful I'm not), I'd be a little despondent at the reason they don't want to sell him to us, they don't want to sell to a team they expect to be battling with at the bottom of the table, where's the ambition in that statement.
Hopefully they go down and end up having a fire sale, back to gates of 8,000.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Carrick Dave wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:44 pm Anyone else feel a little disgruntled at the Brighton stance today/yesterday?

It certainly will stir the emotions amongst both sets of fans/clubs

I feel sorry for Ben who is in a unhappy situation right now