Today's Games

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Today's Games

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:24 pm Aye, and another season in the Championship to look forward to.

I expected Ipswich would fade and to some extent they have, but not as badly as us and Southampton.

They have shown more character than the others in the top four.
Ipswich are a good side, they bounced back from defeats at Preston/Cardiff & the four goals they conceded against us twice, they remained strong in adversity, stayed calm mentally & physically.

Good luck to them.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Irish Ian wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:40 pm You better not let Herr Farke hear you say that :lol:

But blimey, those were the days...Mr Churchill on the radio, sleeping in the shelters at night, rats, fleas, tics, and all those bloody Jerries and their Lufwaffe dropping bombs on us every bleeding night.

And the Queen Mum bless her, always with a big smile on her face and a kind word for everyone.

I wouldnt swap those times for nuffink.

Al together now..

Underneath the Arches I dream my dreams away...............
:) Naughty.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Jaydog wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:41 pm Don’t really see it as a free hit.
Farke has to go in to that game believing the impossible and Southampton would love to win at ER and damage our self confidence a little more than it already is.
Seems like an important game in many ways. At least to me anyway.

I get that, but I think we have to be pragmatic.

Put it like this, there are a few of our guys getting into the red zone injury wise. There are also the likes of Joseph, Anthony, Cresswell and Geldhardt who desperately need minutes to find any sort of touch.

Would playing those lads really weaken us when we have Rutter, and James obviously unfit and Ampada and Rodon who have around 50 games under their belt?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

White Riot wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:24 pm Aye, and another season in the Championship to look forward to.

I expected Ipswich would fade and to some extent they have, but not as badly as us and Southampton.

They have shown more character than the others in the top four.
I genuinely am really concerned about our accounts if we stay down?

I don't understand how a team that owes nearly £200mil and only stands to receive £2,3mil whilst having its income stream dropped by a reduction in parachute payments can't be absolutely screwed financially?

Not on about PSR but just cash flow? £70mil is due in June apparently.

So we have to sell £70mil worth of players just to pay the bills before we even start a rebuild?

We need promotion :(
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Irish Ian wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:52 pm I get that, but I think we have to be pragmatic.

Put it like this, there are a few of our guys getting into the red zone injury wise. There are also the likes of Joseph, Anthony, Cresswell and Geldhardt who desperately need minutes to find any sort of touch.

Would playing those lads really weaken us when we have Rutter, and James obviously unfit and Ampada and Rodon who have around 50 games under their belt?
Maybe Bielsa had a point playing the unused players in the u23s?

People like Cresswell have barely kicked a ball for a whole year.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:54 pm I genuinely am really concerned about our accounts if we stay down?

I don't understand how a team that owes nearly £200mil and only stands to receive £2,3mil whilst having its income stream dropped by a reduction in parachute payments can't be absolutely screwed financially?

Not on about PSR but just cash flow? £70mil is due in June apparently.

So we have to sell £70mil worth of players just to pay the bills before we even start a rebuild?

We need promotion :(
I'm hearing the financial picture is not as bad as you paint, Cjay.

Where has this £70 million due in June come from?
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Ipswich had to get points off Hull & Coventry away, and did it.

We lost to Blackburn at home and capitulated at QPR 4-0.

We don’t deserve Autos, and now it’s up to Farke to earn his corn.

Yes it’s a long season, but now it’s over (don’t give me the alternative suggestion). Three cup finals, his management, no lack of player familiarity or injury excuses the outcome if we fail.

Go on Daniel son, 0 out of 5, break the jinx.
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Playoffs it is then, personally hope we don’t get West Brom. We have the players to win it but we don’t seem to have the team anymore
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:58 pm I'm hearing the financial picture is not as bad as you paint, Cjay.

Where has this £70 million due in June come from?
The accounts Leon

It's in black and white

Even the YEP reported it

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... ed-4587025

£73.6million due by June 2024

£116.4mil due after.

The Raph and KP cash is gone hence why we are owed so little we took that as one big lump

As Kieran Maguire said Radz basically used the LUFC credit card.

I've seen some say the 49ers could just write a big cheque, and maybe they can (if the investors will do it).

But PSR rules mean the owners simply can't pay it off they aren't allowed?
Last edited by Cjay on Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Irish Ian wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:52 pm I get that, but I think we have to be pragmatic.

Well Saturdays team sheet will be very interesting but I don’t see a radical changing of the guard.
He must desperately want a positive result after QPR
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Cjay wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:02 pm The accounts Leon

It's in black and white

Even the YEP reported it

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... ed-4587025

£73.6million due by June 2024

£116.4mil due after.

The Raph and KP cash is gone hence why we are owed so little we took that as one big lump

As Kieran Maguire said Radz basically used the LUFC credit card.
I was thinking about the £55m parachute payment, surely this will help kick the financial can down the road a bit?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Irish Ian wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:07 pm I was thinking about the £55m parachute payment, surely this will help kick the financial can down the road a bit?
We've had the £50mil+ one I think this season.

Isn't the next around £35mil?

Edit apparently 1st is somewhere between £40-50mil which we got last June.

Next would be £30-40mil which we'd grt same time.
Signed

King Cjay

DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Cjay wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:11 pm We've had the £50mil+ one I think this season.

According to K McGuire on the Ger YouTube content a few weeks back, our finances are ok for next season 25/26 will be a big issue if we are not promoted next season.

But let’s see how this season pans out first, might be all ado about nothing.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

DDB220 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:25 pm According to K McGuire on the Ger YouTube content a few weeks back, our finances are ok for next season 25/26 will be a big issue if we are not promoted next season.

But let’s see how this season pans out first, might be all ado about nothing.
He said we'd be fine for psr probably.

But the transfer debt is a "major concern".

It must be? It's high by even Premier League standards.

Hopefully we get promoted
Signed

King Cjay

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Cjay wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:11 pm We've had the £50mil+ one I think this season.

I was wondering which accountancy period they will show up in. Not the ones published which show those huge loses.
From what I understand we pay £35M a year in wages this season, which will not rise if we stay down.
Tranfers wise we spent 2M more than we brought in on Adams. Sini will be from June.

I think our owners will have to think up some creative ways to inject some dosh into the coffers.
'
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

Jaydog wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:16 pm Yeah. Good one. We can celebrate failing in the playoffs at the same time.
:lol: :roflmao: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Cjay wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:55 pm Maybe Bielsa had a point playing the unused players in the u23s?

People like Cresswell have barely kicked a ball for a whole year.
That's really baffled me all year. I think Cresswell and Joseph have each only made 2 appearances for the 21's. I don't think Gelhardt or Shackleton have played for them once.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Jaydog wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:06 pm Well Saturdays team sheet will be very interesting but I don’t see a radical changing of the guard.
He must desperately want a positive result after QPR
There won't be any changes. We still have to win and hope Ipswich lose. Unlikely. But could you imagine the storm Farke would get if he played a weakened side, dropped points, and Ipswich lost?
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

DDB220 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:18 pm I really really really hope they don’t blow it at home.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Do I sense some reverse psychology in that? With you there, if so. I’m pretty much resigned to the fact that they’ll at least tie the fixture. Also suspect that our players and coaches know this, as well. I wouldn’t let it ruin your trip to Italy (if I read that correctly).

I just hope we have a squad who’s regained their urgency, energy, and focus for this fixture as well as others (would be a good mind game to get one up on Southampton here and demoralize them for the playoffs). And I further hope that our manager has grown some balls to pull those underperforming players ASAP if they demonstrate they are lacking in those areas…
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

Irish Ian wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:28 pm Now we have a free hit to sort out a few of our wrinkles going into the playoffs.
Agree Ian. Actually thought our past three games were free hits to try and get things corrected for the playoffs (and if successful with any changes made, potentially avoid the playoffs). Alas, we stuck with the same formula which, while it got us 90 points, was clearly on its last legs. Here’s hoping we get some things sorted.