Today's Games

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Today's Games

Post by Cjay »

White Riot wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:14 pm We can always have an open topped bus parade for getting 90 points 😂
We are still top 2 if the league started on September 1st (just about).

It's something
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

White Riot wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:14 pm We can always have an open topped bus parade for getting 90 points 😂
Yeah. Good one. We can celebrate failing in the playoffs at the same time.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:02 pm Yeah, no chance 😕

Thanks for f**k all Coventry :evil:
Coventry defended like chumps at times, but they did their best.

There is only one team to blame for this current situation, James.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:13 pm Indeed the Tractor Boys do, the simple fact is we don't.

We can't afford to mess up against Sunderland, Blackburn & QPR & expect to go up.
Blew it Leon, bunch of bottle jobs and bottle jobs don't go up via the playoffs that's for sure.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

JoeDenver wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:16 pm Fair play to Ipswich :clap:
I really really really hope they don’t blow it at home.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:16 pm Coventry defended like chumps at times, but they did their best.

There is only one team to blame for this current situation, James.
100% Leon

After what I witnessed on Friday there's no chance our coach and players will turn it around in the playoffs.

We've been clutching at straws for two months now.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

White Riot wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:16 pm Blew it Leon, bunch of bottle jobs and bottle jobs don't go up via the playoffs that's for sure.
I am going to save this post just in case - if the ‘Unbelievable Jeff’ happens - I will gaslight every subsequent post you make.
Last edited by DDB220 on Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:32 pm Ipswich 1st instinct is go forward.

Ours is go back
I suspect we play the ball backwards more than any club in the country, boring & so frustrating!
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

1964white wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:22 pm I suspect we play the ball backwards more than any club in the country, boring & so frustrating!
Aye - that is why the answer to the free kick question on The Chase cheered me up. Every cloud…….
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Jaydog wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:16 pm Yeah. Good one. We can celebrate failing in the playoffs at the same time.
Aye, and another season in the Championship to look forward to.

I expected Ipswich would fade and to some extent they have, but not as badly as us and Southampton.

They have shown more character than the others in the top four.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Where is the Dunkirk spirit chaps. Where is Hector to remind us what it was like during the Blitz
Last edited by DDB220 on Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

DDB220 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:19 pm I am going to save this post just in case - if the ‘Unbelievable Jeff’ happens - I will gaslight every subsequent post you make.
If that brings us luck then great.

I just can't see it happening.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Now we have a free hit to sort out a few of our wrinkles going into the playoffs.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

On the bright side this website will get some good sponsorship from the makers of Prozac if it all goes tits up in the playoffs.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

DDB220 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:18 pm I really really really hope they don’t blow it at home.
I'll be flabbergasted if they blow it now, DDB.

I was rightly concerned when we chucked five points away against Sunderland & Blackburn, was having a hissy fit in the last ten minutes of the Boro' game, the QPR defeat was the final straw for me!

Plenty of fans on here were predicting Ipswich to drop five points this week, I was never convinced.

We brought on this current situation ourselves, after what has been an enjoyable season, up to the last few weeks.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

1964white wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:36 pm I'll be flabbergasted if they blow it now, DDB.

I was rightly concerned when we chucked five points away against Sunderland & Blackburn, was having a hissy fit in the last ten minutes of the Boro' game, the QPR defeat was the final straw for me!

Plenty of fans on here were predicting Ipswich to drop five points this week, I was never convinced.

We brought on this current situation ourselves, after what has been an enjoyable season, up to the last few weeks.
We would all be flabbergasted but stranger last day outcomes have occurred previously. Never say never even though it sounds hollow. Ipswich just need to take the spirit of Cardiff into the last game and if any of those yodels are reading our forum they will still have a few jitters.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Music Re: Today's Games

Post by Irish Ian »

DDB220 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:26 pm Where is the Dunkirk spirit chaps. Where is Hector to remind us what it was like during the Blitz
You better not let Herr Farke hear you say that :lol:

But blimey, those were the days...Mr Churchill on the radio, sleeping in the shelters at night, rats, fleas, tics, and all those bloody Jerries and their Lufwaffe dropping bombs on us every bleeding night.

And the Queen Mum bless her, always with a big smile on her face and a kind word for everyone.

I wouldnt swap those times for nuffink.

Al together now..

Underneath the Arches I dream my dreams away...............
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white

Post by 1964white »

DDB220 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:31 pm On the bright side this website will get some good sponsorship from the makers of Prozac if it all goes tits up in the playoffs.
Not for me, as I reckon we'll follow the Bielsa trend & go up as champions next season.

Perspective needed, especially after what happened in London today.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Irish Ian wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:28 pm Now we have a free hit to sort out a few of our wrinkles going into the playoffs.
Don’t really see it as a free hit.
Farke has to go in to that game believing the impossible and Southampton would love to win at ER and damage our self confidence a little more than it already is.
Seems like an important game in many ways. At least to me anyway.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Irish Ian wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:40 pm You better not let Herr Farke hear you say that :lol:

But blimey, those were the days...Mr Churchill on the radio, sleeping in the shelters at night, rats, fleas, tics, and all those bloody Jerries and their Lufwaffe dropping bombs on us every bleeding night.

And the Queen Mum bless her, always with a big smile on her face and a kind word for everyone.

I wouldnt swap those times for nuffink.

Al together now..

Underneath the Arches I dream my dreams away...............
Let’s go with the Andy Williams tune