Cardiff City v Leeds Utd - MATCH THREAD

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Cardiff City v Leeds Utd - MATCH THREAD

Post by Ellandback1 »

Cardiff City v Leeds Utd

Sunday 21st June 2020 12:00 | Cardiff City Stadium

Top of the table Leeds make the four hour journey to the Cardiff City Stadium on Sunday hoping to stretch their seven point lead over third place Fulham. However, the Bluebirds have promotion aspirations of their own. If they beat the Whites, and other games go their way, they could fly to the last play off space. Leeds have occupied the top perch for 101 days, since dispatching Hudddersfield Town 2-0 at Elland Road, back on March 7th.

Kiko Casilla is serving an eight game suspension, and won't be available for selection until the final game of the season against Charlton. Jean-Kevin Augustin's recurrence of his hamstring injury has all but ruled him out of the final nine games. Adam Forshaw is back in light training, but not expected to be match fit until after the season has been concluded. Finally, there is mystery surrounding Pablo Hernandez's availability. Social media is rife with reports that the 35yo has pulled his hamstring. We await official word.

Cardiff City Manager Neil Harris has his injury concerns too. Greg Cunningham is still recovering from his ACL injury sustained whilst on loan during the first part of the season whilst Welsh International Jazz Richards has suffered a fresh injury blow that will keep the right back sidelined for a few weeks. There is better news for Lee Tomlin and Nathaniel Mendez-Laing. Both have responded well to treatment, and look set to face the Whites on Sunday.looked set to miss the rest of the campaign when they suffered their respective injuries.

Other games of significance

The Championship kicks off on Saturday at 12.30 with third place Fulham entertaining 4th place Brentford. A win for the Cottagers would bring them within four points of Leeds. The Bee's are a further four points behind Scott Parker's men. Many pundits are reporting that Brentford posses a greater threat to Leeds than Fulham.

Second place West Brom host Birmingham. Though local derbies can be unpredictable, you have to fancy the Baggies here. Blues Manager Pep Clotet has handed in his notice at St Andrews but will see out the season. They are eight points and 5 places above the drop zone.

Charlton travel to Hull for a massive 6 pointer. A lot will depend on whether Lee Bowyer can rally his troops. Hull have not won a game since early January, conceding 30 goals this year alone. Nottingham Forest face a tricky tie at Hillsborough, whilst Preston make the 200 mile trip to Luton.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Re: Cardiff City v Leeds Utd - MATCH THREAD

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Getting nervy now!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:36 pm Getting nervy now!
And we've all been so calm during lockdown, never felt so relaxed :)
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Np here, Harris won't know what's hit him !
Championys !

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

LevLeeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @Simonlev99

Post by LevLeeds »

Id say the lads are chomping at the bit to get started again!! Bring it on.
LevLeeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @Simonlev99

Post by LevLeeds »

I'm still nervous tho....... :sick: :sick:
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

It’s going to be a bit strange restarting a season after such a long break and I’m hoping the players are mentally tuned in, I don’t have any worries about their fitness from what’s been coming out of ER.
In both seasons that MB has been in charge we’ve started at 100 mph and blown teams away for the first few games so hopefully they’ll be starting this like the beginning of a season and get the required points (15-18 imo) in the first 5-7 games then the pressures off. :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rich_leeds64 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:01 am It’s going to be a bit strange restarting a season after such a long break and I’m hoping the players are mentally tuned in, I don’t have any worries about their fitness from what’s been coming out of ER.
In both seasons that MB has been in charge we’ve started at 100 mph and blown teams away for the first few games so hopefully they’ll be starting this like the beginning of a season and get the required points (15-18 imo) in the first 5-7 games then the pressures off. :tup:
We'll be alright Rich :tup:

I'm gonna miss my away trips :( at least my LUTV code has arrived
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Getting nervous for this now. I'd resigned myself to going up ppg, so it's hard to accept that we're not over the line yet.

Interested to see how we respond to the new circumstances compared to other teams. We should be better prepared than most, but it's Leeds, so anything could happen.

Injuries may prove to be key - hopefully at least Bamford and Roberts will stay fit.
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by rich_leeds64 »

1964white wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:11 am We'll be alright Rich :tup:

I'm gonna miss my away trips :( at least my LUTV code has arrived
I got my LUTV set up yesterday after my code arrived, tested it out watching some of the highlights from this season just hope it doesn’t crash with so many viewing on Sunday and the coming games as it’s not been the best according to what I’ve read in the past
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rich_leeds64 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:25 am I got my LUTV set up yesterday after my code arrived, tested it out watching some of the highlights from this season just hope it doesn’t crash with so many viewing on Sunday and the coming games as it’s not been the best according to what I’ve read in the past
Is it easy to set up Rich ?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

According to the YEP.

Pablo did "feel something" in training.

The club are "hopeful" he will make Sunday and if he doesnt they are "confident" it wont keep him out long term.

This club and injury predictions dont tend to go well :verysad:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by rich_leeds64 »

1964white wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:08 am Is it easy to set up Rich ?
Very easy, follow the link and input the code, hey presto LUTV
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

IMO in lockdown where a lot of people are not earning money or the money they should be. 10 quid per game is a rip off of the highest order. I've yet to earn a single penny this year and nothing on the horizon as I bet all the cancelled work will have been done by my customers themselves during lockdown
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rich_leeds64 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:41 pm Very easy, follow the link and input the code, hey presto LUTV
Having a problem with the Crowdie bit Rich
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Do we know if any of the players have been mysteriously missing from training ie self isolating due to a positive COVID test?
I see another 8 positive tests have been confirmed across 6 clubs.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:23 pm IMO in lockdown where a lot of people are not earning money or the money they should be. 10 quid per game is a rip off of the highest order. I've yet to earn a single penny this year and nothing on the horizon as I bet all the cancelled work will have been done by my customers themselves during lockdown
Being self-employed were you not entitled to claim a grant through the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme?
DavidH
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by DavidH »

"The English Football League said eight confirmed cases came from six Championship clubs, with Brentford publicly confirming one."
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:17 pm Being self-employed were you not entitled to claim a grant through the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme?
Not without a lot of interference and jumping through hoops, I've never claimed dole or sick pay either despite being off work for 18 months with a frozen shoulder and 6 months with a chest infection..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by rich_leeds64 »

1964white wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:58 pm Having a problem with the Crowdie bit Rich
Not done that yet but I’ve heard one or two having bother, apparently it’s the facial profile software they use as they don’t want certain “crowdies” to scare the viewing public... ;-)