Another TV date - Southampton!!!!!!

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
GreennWhite
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Another TV date

Post by GreennWhite »

VoiceofaLurker wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:02 am Had a response back stating "Due to the change in date/time, we would be happy to honour a refund should you so wish."
Decision now is whether to book a hotel at more expense and alter train ticket to return the following day as there is very little left in terms of hospitality till season end.

VOAL
Make the changes and go to the game. Take this opportunity as you never know when you might get another one. :tup: :scar1
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

VoiceofaLurker wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:02 am Had a response back stating "Due to the change in date/time, we would be happy to honour a refund should you so wish."
Decision now is whether to book a hotel at more expense and alter train ticket to return the following day as there is very little left in terms of hospitality till season end.

VOAL
Glad you’ve got somewhere with it, as I said I’ve always found them very helpful. I’ve not missed a home game since 2011, you can imagine the stuff I’ve had to move round to keep that going.

At least you’ve got options now.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Chilli D wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:15 am This is unfortunately a result of being a promotion chasing championship team. If we were sitting in mid table with nothing to play for it wouldn't be an issue.
Sky would still change the fixtures and show us even if we were bottom of the table, they would still get higher viewing figures than the top teams. Not even sure if it would be any easier getting tickets as there’s always a massive demand.
Keeping The Faith
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

VOAL
Go for it, you’ll regret it if you don’t. What package did you book ? We’ve always done the Centenary Pavilion one but the standard of the food & draught beer was really poor for the Bristol game compared to previous times.Team sheet, programme, pre-match appearance by Beckford, Matteo etc, free wine, beer and opens at 12pm so plenty of time. Not bad if you get it for the right price.
Keeping The Faith
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

CUSSIE01 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:36 am Sky would still change the fixtures and show us even if we were bottom of the table, they would still get higher viewing figures than the top teams. Not even sure if it would be any easier getting tickets as there’s always a massive demand.
I was explaining this to a Leeds hater at work who always moans that we are “Always on Sky and nobody else gets a look in”
I pointed out that we have fans all over the world who want to see us win, whereas everyone else watches hoping we lose (including him)
He just pulled a face 😁
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

GreennWhite wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:31 am Make the changes and go to the game. Take this opportunity as you never know when you might get another one. :tup: :scar1
Agree. I've done corporate and it's a fab experience. I tried last year and year before unsuccessfully. Book the hotel and ENJOY!
VoiceofaLurker
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by VoiceofaLurker »

CUSSIE01 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:46 am Go for it, you’ll regret it if you don’t. What package did you book ?
Yes, it is the Centenary Pavillion one, I have now booked the hotel and changed the train times.

VOAL.
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

VoiceofaLurker wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:41 pm Yes, it is the Centenary Pavillion one, I have now booked the hotel and changed the train times.

VOAL.
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Keeping The Faith
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

VoiceofaLurker wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:41 pm Yes, it is the Centenary Pavillion one, I have now booked the hotel and changed the train times.

VOAL.
Looking fwd to you reporting back on your experience VOAL :scar1
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Shock, horror…

Blackburn at home now on SKY, flaming 12.30 KO 🤬🤬🤬
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Yet again ripped off by Sky. My better half was going to book this match for my birthday, flights/hotel etc but I told her to hold off till the tv fixtures were announced. Planned to fly in on the morning, fine for a 3pm ko but a nightmare for 12.30. Fans treated like s***e again. Would now have to get a Friday flight and an extra night in a hotel . 😡
Keeping The Faith
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Atleast Leicester got screwed as well.

They have Millwall at The Den on Tuesday and now Plymouth away on the Friday night.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

Ffs, I work three Saturdays out of four until 1pm and they seem to pick the ones I’m working.
Over a season it works in my favour twice if I’m lucky 😡
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Barlow Boy wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:09 pm Shock, horror…

Blackburn at home now on SKY, flaming 12.30 KO 🤬🤬🤬
No atmosphere at 12.30pm matches.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

1964white wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:31 pm No atmosphere at 12.30pm matches.
Agree mate, hate the 12.30 ones.
Jammy 07
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jammy 07 »

Absolute pain in the bum these early KO for match going fans.

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't think we've had a Saturday 5-30 KO which is actually the one TV slot that's not too bad. Doesn't really take much working out though as Sky show a PL game at that time and so they use us more for the lunchtime slot to compete against BT/TNT.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Jammy 07 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:35 am Absolute pain in the bum these early KO for match going fans.

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't think we've had a Saturday 5-30 KO which is actually the one TV slot that's not too bad. Doesn't really take much working out though as Sky show a PL game at that time and so they use us more for the lunchtime slot to compete against BT/TNT.
Yeah, the early ones are a killer.

Thankfully, I’m only 45 minutes away from the ground, so it’s not a disaster but it still knocks everything out, no proper pre-match meet ups with the lads etc.

You’re right, I don’t think there has been a 5.30 KO, which is a KO time I don’t mind to be honest.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Absolutely hate 12.30's.....
hector

Post by hector »

whiteswan wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:46 pm Absolutely hate 12.30's.....
Is that because you are hardly ever up at that time?? :angel: :angel:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

hector wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:57 pm Is that because you are hardly ever up at that time?? :angel: :angel:
NO!!!! It isn't......🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝 off :x

;-)