Joe Gelhardt

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Joe Gelhardt

Post by SG90 »

faaip wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:54 pm This will be down to Marsch who hasn't shown a lot of faith in Joffy ....
Probably because he isn't good enough
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SG90 wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:45 pm Probably because he isn't good enough
Oh he absolutely is ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

faaip wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:47 pm Oh he absolutely is ...
Well he's not shown it at all this season
MightyWhites
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MightyWhites »

And he's definitely not showing it today!
velo
Manager
Manager

Post by velo »

Is he playing?
Stop worryin' about what people say, when it ain't gonna stop them anyway.

Hater of Liars, Cheats and Trolls

Freedom of speech is not allowed if it upsets the mods
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SG90 wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:50 pm Well he's not shown it at all this season
Marsch has been clueless that's why....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Tighthead
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Tighthead »

faaip wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:13 pm Marsch has been clueless that's why....
Bielsa used Tyler Roberts and Dan James before Gelhardt.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Anonymous 1st half. Got into game 2nd half. Playing as lone striker doesn't really suit him. If thats the way, he needs to keep coming deep to get more involved. Was better when Rodrigo was on.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Felt for the kid again. We all wanted to see him but the team was so poor first half Messi would have been pulling his hair out. He gets pulled just has the game is starting to open up. Once again he seems to get the rough end of the stick. If he comes on with 20 to go when Cardiff are out on their feet and all over the place he may have done better. But that's just excuses from me.
Pullhard
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Pullhard »

A loan spell for rest of season could give him the game time to bring him along
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Leeds1000 wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:23 pm Felt for the kid again. We all wanted to see him but the team was so poor first half Messi would have been pulling his hair out. He gets pulled just has the game is starting to open up. Once again he seems to get the rough end of the stick. If he comes on with 20 to go when Cardiff are out on their feet and all over the place he may have done better. But that's just excuses from me.
Perkins only needed one chance though. We can't keep making excuses for him. He just isn't as good as he's been hyped up to be. That's not his fault of course, but the board's and fans' fault for overhyping him. Maybe a loan will do him good, but I don't see a PL level player sadly.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Pullhard wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:28 pm A loan spell for rest of season could give him the game time to bring him along
Who does he start for in the Championship though? None of the top 6, and a struggling side won't improve him tbh.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

SG90 wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:38 pm Perkins only needed one chance though. We can't keep making excuses for him. He just isn't as good as he's been hyped up to be. That's not his fault of course, but the board's and fans' fault for overhyping him. Maybe a loan will do him good, but I don't see a PL level player sadly.
We were so bad he didn't get any chances. They were down to 10 and out on there feet and i dare say Joffy would have enjoyed that but its also fair to say its not happening for him and maybe a loan will do him good.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Leeds1000 wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:46 pm We were so bad he didn't get any chances. They were down to 10 and out on there feet and i dare say Joffy would have enjoyed that but its also fair to say its not happening for him and maybe a loan will do him good.
He would've scored a tap in had he reacted quicker just before the Greenwood chance. I just don't see the top level striker that loads do. I wouldn't even call him a top Championship striker either, as none of the top sides would start him.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

faaip wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:13 pm Marsch has been clueless that's why....
Not everything is Marsch's fault. He hasn't shown anything when he's had starts. His best position is a super sub with 15/20 mins left if we're chasing a game.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

There will be plenty of takers in the championship for Joe's services, wigan, swansea and sunderland all showing interest, sunderland may go all out to buy him.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

mentalcase wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:38 pm sunderland may go all out to buy him.
I don’t mind a loan, but a full sale would not be for me.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

Barring more injuries to the attackers, in a couple of weeks we could have every attacker almost match fit.
Unless it’s a cup game I can’t see Joffy getting a look in - he might not even make the bench.

LW. Sinisterra/Summerville/Gnonto/ Harrison/ Rutter

CF. Rodrigo/Bamford/ Rutter/Gnonto/Summerville

RW. See left wing

Surely a loan is the only option?

PS, I like Joffy but this is how it might pan out.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Finnatic wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:02 pm Barring more injuries to the attackers, in a couple of weeks we could have every attacker almost match fit.
Unless it’s a cup game I can’t see Joffy getting a look in - he might not even make the bench.

LW. Sinisterra/Summerville/Gnonto/ Harrison/ Rutter

CF. Rodrigo/Bamford/ Rutter/Gnonto/Summerville

RW. See left wing

Surely a loan is the only option?

PS, I like Joffy but this is how it might pan out.
It would be the best for his development. Best for the club in the long run too. They might decide to keep him around for 5 minute sub appearances just because our current position is so precarious.
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Seems I recall that some people compared Joe Gelhardt to Wayne Rooney. So how about we send him to DC United in MLS. He can reunite with Klichy and learn from his name sake. :roflmao:
Football/Futbol/Soccer