Marcelo Bielsa

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Re: Marcelo Bielsa.

Post by Mountain »

Musicman1965 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:03 pm Obviously Everton a club that needs saving is well beyond his capabilities.
If you are suggesting Sean Dyche is a better manager than Marcelo Bielsa, might I say on behalf of everyone who follows football around the world...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:12 pm So a boring 0-0 draw on the cards at Goodison, then.
At least he won't need to get them trained up in time wasting, rolling around and general thuggery, they're already masters at that.
Musicman1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Musicman1965 »

Mountain wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:03 pm If you are suggesting Sean Dyche is a better manager than Marcelo Bielsa, might I say on behalf of everyone who follows football around the world...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
No, if you read the post it actually asks a question on why he has turned down a great opportunity to manage a top club, when there is limited opportunities to work in the Premiership. Faaip has given an explanation that its more to do with the amount of staff he needs and the limited time available. This will not fit with the way he operates as a manager.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Seeing he is in the UK cant we ask him back?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Musicman1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Musicman1965 »

faaip wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:07 pm Image
I can read your reply from across the room whilst making tea..... :)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Always a bonus ....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Musicman1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Musicman1965 »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:26 pm Seeing he is in the UK cant we ask him back?
Why has he left a bucket behind? :lol:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Kennyb41 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:34 am What absolute fcking puke :sick:

I now fully understand why you wanted Bert gone.

You totally didn't understand Bert and what he was all about, it makes perfect sense now, you just didn't get it, and if that's all you saw in him you wouldn't understand what was happening at the end of his tenure, so being blind the obvious thing to you was to call for his head.

Turkeys voting for Christmas. :roll:
Nope I'm Clueless and you are the enlightened one.
wibble.gif
wibble.gif (1.67 MiB) Viewed 469 times
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:57 am When did he say that?

Mentioned Costa, never recall James.

And I followed every Press conference.

Also
Systems are crucial over the individual

Every time

Every team sports coach knows that.

Some players adapt and improve as a result.
He definitely said it, and it's true, James needs space to make his pace effective etc.

Systems over the individual is great but past a certain level you need both.

System alone is never enough in the end.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Mountain wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:06 am I'd say every manager in the history of the modern game, including the Cloughs, Fergusons, Klopps and Guardiolas, have purchased a player that hasn't worked out. I've never really seen it all characterised in terms of "obsess...obsession...obsessed" though. It's just football.
That's his personality though (not criticising him as a person).

But he has that autistic obsessive trait.

Can see it in how he works but he does get fixated on things and James was one.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:07 pm Image
So he travelled 13hours to tell them he didn't want to manager there 1st team but wanted millions to be there youth team coach

He has some front tbf :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:39 pm So he travelled 13hours to tell them he didn't want to manager there 1st team but wanted millions to be there youth team coach

He has some front tbf :lol:
What makes you think he came for just Everton? That's a lot of luggage for a job interview. Maybe he was always planning a holiday
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:43 pm What makes you think he came for just Everton? That's a lot of luggage for a job interview. Maybe he was always planning a holiday
Funny you say that because I couldnt understand why he'd fly to London for a job in Liverpool

You can get flights from Brazil to much closer to Liverpool than London (including Liverpool itself).

I wonder if he is here for secret talks with West Ham who interviewed him before.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

And that
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Cjay wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:46 pm Funny you say that because I couldnt understand why he'd fly to London for a job in Liverpool

You can get flights from Brazil to much closer to Liverpool than London (including Liverpool itself).

I wonder if he is here for secret talks with West Ham who interviewed him before.
West Ham is a good shout also. There are rumours online that the airport picture is from 6 months ago and is actually in a different country.
Lots of speculation flying around, it is anyones guess as to what is fact and what is fiction.
I might go buy a Daily Star so I am better informed.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

DDB220 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:55 pm West Ham is a good shout also. There are rumours online that the airport picture is from 6 months ago and is actually in a different country.
Lots of speculation flying around, it is anyones guess as to what is fact and what is fiction.
I might go buy a Daily Star so I am better informed.
Somebody apparently proved it was Heathrow with a wider picture containing the background.

And I would think if it wasn't true Somebody in the media would have found out by now.

Regarding the quite excessive luggage for a brief trip another simple explanation is it contained all his data and research for the interview?

Strikes me as a man who prefers paper and files to a computer disk

Could just be that
Signed

King Cjay

Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Musicman1965 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:24 pm No, if you read the post it actually asks a question on why he has turned down a great opportunity to manage a top club, when there is limited opportunities to work in the Premiership.
The line...

"Obviously Everton a club that needs saving is well beyond his capabilities."...

is not a question though, it is a statement.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:38 pm That's his personality though (not criticising him as a person).

But he has that autistic obsessive trait.

Can see it in how he works but he does get fixated on things and James was one.
Like I have said before though Bielsa had James for about 6 months, no pre-season, no chance to really get him acclimatised and then thrust into a role he was unsuited to due to Bamford being out and us having 2 wingers both fit.

He didn't get the 7 weeks of intensive training with Dan James that he obviously feels is essential judging by the Everton job refusal. So just because Dan James didn't become a world beater overnight it seems ludicrous to put it down to some sort of weird obsession.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Cjay wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:46 pm Funny you say that because I couldnt understand why he'd fly to London for a job in Liverpool

Everton owner was in London is why.

Personally I hiope he gets the Leicester gig for next season.

They are well past a change.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa