Pulisic?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Pulisic?

Post by John in Louisiana »

Christian Pulisic seems to be on the outs at scum II.

Would he be a fit for us? If so, where?

Would he represent a improvement over Harrison? Or as a new AM?

I like the kid, but I don't know..........
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Re: Pulisic?

Post by mothbanquet »

Quality player, positionally versatile and still quite young. Bielsa would improve him further. Would definitely have him if the price was right. Jack needs some competition on the left and AMF can never have enough cover.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Quality player.

Doubt we could afford him tbh.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

1964white wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:48 pm Quality player.

Doubt we could afford him tbh.
This
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

I could be persuaded as amf cover if he is up for the job ,,,but IMO we are loaded with wingers ...
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

I'd have Pulisic in a heartbeat. He appears to be a complete midfielder/winger/striker at times. His positional and technical skill lets him do what he wants at his best - not many can stop him or interfere with his immediate future intent on the field.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Chelsea paid 58m for him, way out of our league
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:41 pm Chelsea paid 58m for him, way out of our league
God knows what fee Chelsea would want for Pulisic if they decided to dispense with his services.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

1964white wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:00 pm God knows what fee Chelsea would want for Pulisic if they decided to dispense with his services.
Its ok Leon they will let you make up the difference I heard you are good for it ... :)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Does anybody else think Raph would make a bloody good 10, good wingers are ten a penny but top AMF's not so much. He'd still be able to drift right and left as Pablo did in the Championship but right now with Rodders (I've applied Blofeld to that) injured it'd be a hell of a quick fix for this season and allow us to play another skill player out wide
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

faaip wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:10 pm Does anybody else think Raph would make a bloody good 10, good wingers are ten a penny but top AMF's not so much. He'd still be able to drift right and left as Pablo did in the Championship but right now with Rodders (I've applied Blofeld to that) injured it'd be a hell of a quick fix for this season and allow us to play another skill player out wide
I have always felt he would be an excellent 10 Faaip.
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

He's on nearly 3 times the wages of the highest paid player at Leeds.

I think signings like that could very quickly spread resentment, jealousy and fracture the dressing room spirit.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Well out of our price range and injury prone, its a non starter.

Agree with Faaip about Raph, think he could be a quality number 8/10 but i expect us to sign one anyway.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:10 pm Does anybody else think Raph would make a bloody good 10, good wingers are ten a penny but top AMF's not so much. He'd still be able to drift right and left as Pablo did in the Championship but right now with Rodders (I've applied Blofeld to that) injured it'd be a hell of a quick fix for this season and allow us to play another skill player out wide
Works hard too!

So who would you play on the right Faaip?
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Mountain wrote:

He's on nearly 3 times the wages of the highest paid player at Leeds.

I think signings like that could very quickly spread resentment, jealousy and fracture the dressing room spirit.
Yes, you're likely correct Mountain. I'd still love to have his talent but we've got sufficient for now apart from a left back. No point introducing someone who could cause just that kind of resentment.

That's what I was talking about when I said Keegan got Asprilla and he inadvertently destroyed his Newcastle EPL title dream.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Mountain wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:45 pm He's on nearly 3 times the wages of the highest paid player at Leeds.

Indeed :tup:
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

could be a great shout

we would need a new right winger then imo, or to give costa a second chance!

would kind of put rodders out of the scene as well...
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Smudge3920 wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:12 pm I have always felt he would be an excellent 10 Faaip.
Yes me too. I said exactly that a while back.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Talk beginning that he will potentially leave Chelsea over his lack of game time and may even be willing to take a pay cut.

However, he is not going to rock the boat now and will wait till the summer.

Almost certainly out of our price range, we wouldnt be the richest club after him, we wouldn't have European football, but if we could convince him with a project and maybe the promise of him having it in his contract that he is thw highest paid player? Maybe that could work.

That being said its a huge risk given his injury issues.

v=
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Cjay wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:35 am Talk beginning that he will potentially leave Chelsea over his lack of game time and may even be willing to take a pay cut.

Huge injection of quality into the squad, able to play CM and LMF, positions we need that quality in, would be a no brainer - IF the finances totted up ok. If he's only out for a big payday I wouldn't want him anyway. Would certainly be a statement of intent.

We could convince him with a project

It worked for Raphinha, who categorically stated working with Bielsa was a massive draw. I think players will have seen what we have going on here and many of the ambitious talents are looking at us and thinking of what they could do with all the chances we create.

That being said its a huge risk given his injury issues.

He'll fit right in then.