Crystal Palace Thread - 2022/23 Season Review.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Crystal Palace Thread

Post by BGwhite »

I'm sure there are many players out there who are much better than ones we already have. Are we really to believe that from the end of last season to the beginning of this Orta and his worldwide team of scouts couldn't come up with half a dozen or so potential creative midfielders who would fill a blindingly obvious gap in our team ? This has been an issue for years and it could well boil down to the fact that so many costly mistakes have been made in the past that Radz wasn't prepared to take another chance on Orta getting it right so now the club are suffering for it with the end result possibly being relegation with untold amounts being lost .

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Crystal Palace Thread - Gallagher...what a player!

Post by 1964white »

Screamer from Gallagher

Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

This is a different player than the one who was a "Poundland Grealish" last season for West Brom. Even West Brom fans were saying all that he does is run about a lot and fall over. Maybe Allardyce bypassing the midfield was the cause. The bit in quotes is what I called him btw. So respect for Bielsa and/or Orta for seeing what I couldn't, and thumbs down to his partner who insisted that they stay in London to further her blogging career. We do have the internet up here, you know.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Gandalf wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:31 pm This is a different player than the one who was a "Poundland Grealish" last season for West Brom. Even West Brom fans were saying all that he does is run about a lot and fall over. Maybe Allardyce bypassing the midfield was the cause. The bit in quotes is what I called him btw. So respect for Bielsa and/or Orta for seeing what I couldn't, and thumbs down to his partner who insisted that they stay in London to further her blogging career. We do have the internet up here, you know.
Shows the difference in class between fat sam and a world class ex-player like vierra, imagine what MB could get out of him.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Gandalf wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:31 pm This is a different player than the one who was a "Poundland Grealish" last season for West Brom. Even West Brom fans were saying all that he does is run about a lot and fall over. Maybe Allardyce bypassing the midfield was the cause. The bit in quotes is what I called him btw. So respect for Bielsa and/or Orta for seeing what I couldn't, and thumbs down to his partner who insisted that they stay in London to further her blogging career. We do have the internet up here, you know.
I saw that again while looking for my quote. TBH it had me worried I'd missed something at the time as yours is an opinion to be respected....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Crystal Palace are progressing with a loan offer for Donny Van der Beek.

Their wouldn't be an option to buy but their are definitely no options available in January better than our u23s for less than £10mil
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Cjay wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:11 pm Crystal Palace are progressing with a loan offer for Donny Van der Beek.

Their wouldn't be an option to buy but their are definitely no options available in January better than our u23s for less than £10mil
A fine footballer cjay. Been ruined at man u.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Cjay wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:11 pm Crystal Palace are progressing with a loan offer for Donny Van der Beek.

And yet it seemed every man and his dog was against us loaning a player from Chelsea in the summer......
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:21 pm And yet it seemed every man and his dog was against us loaning a player from Chelsea in the summer......
Beggars can't be choosers and Van De Beek has far more pedigree than Gallagher did tbf.

I hate straight loans in general but our situation is bordering on desperate
Signed

King Cjay

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

weasel wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:21 pm And yet it seemed every man and his dog was against us loaning a player from Chelsea in the summer......
It's a completely different scenario now. Short term fixes to keep us up would be a huge benefit.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Van De Beek
Olise
Eze
Zaha

Pretty depressing the difference in quality between Palace and us :verysad:
Signed

King Cjay

Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

SG90 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:48 pm It's a completely different scenario now. Short term fixes to keep us up would be a huge benefit.
Copied from my post on the BD - might not be exactly what you had in mind :) :

On another note, you know how Toon paid £25m to secure Wood, though he might be surplus to requirements come the summer. I was wondering if Tom Lawrence might do a job for us for a few months, and he's almost out of contract:

"Derby County’s precarious off-field position has put Tom Lawrence’s future at Pride Park in serious doubt.

The Rams’ problems have been well-documented, with Lawrence potentially about to deal the playing side of things a blow.

The Daily Mail report how AFC Bournemouth and QPR – two of the Championship’s automatic promotion hopefuls – are keen on offering the forward a route out of Derby, with his contract approaching its final months."

He mightn't cost much, he might jump at a crack at the PL and there would be plenty of takers for him in the summer if we wanted to move him on.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Cjay wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:54 pm
Van De Beek
Olise
Eze

Zaha

Pretty depressing the difference in quality between Palace and us :verysad:
Apparently we courted both and lost out on both, theres a shock.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

mentalcase wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:46 pm Apparently we courted both and lost out on both, theres a shock.
Yeah, they both wanted to stay in London.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Carrick Dave wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:26 pm Yeah, they both wanted to stay in London.
I think it's a bit more than that Dave, Gallager is another who apparently wanted to "stay in london" only he was actually in the west midlands wasn't he.
I think it's down to a manager like Vierra, telling them they will be in the first team and it's up to them to prove themselves, they're all enjoying themselves in the first team squad.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Palace sign Mali midfielder Cheick Doucoure from Lens for a undisclosed fee

Screenshot 2022-07-11 16.02.57.png
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Crystal Palace boss Patrick Vieira says it is "not ideal" so many senior players are absent from his club's tour of Singapore and Australia.

Nine players, including Wilfried Zaha, Eberechi Eze, Christian Benteke and Marc Guehi, have not travelled.

Palace have said some players were not fit and others did not meet entry requirements for the countries "when travel arrangements were made".

Vieira said he would not discuss the players' Covid-19 vaccination status.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Palace fans

Screenshot 2022-07-22 17.17.47.png
Screenshot 2022-07-22 17.20.35.png
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2022-07-22 17.24.44.png
Screenshot 2022-07-22 17.27.34.png
Screenshot 2022-07-22 17.51.15.png
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:31 pm Screenshot 2022-07-22 17.24.44.png

Screenshot 2022-07-22 17.27.34.png

Screenshot 2022-07-22 17.51.15.png
Do you still feel as confident about Jesse and his team after these games 64?