Brenden Aaronson

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Overman
Manager
Manager

Re: Brenden Aaronson- Expected to depart this summer

Post by Overman »

O well nevermind, next.
Victor_Notts-17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Victor_Notts-17 »

Saiz is still a big miss and he only bothered to play well for half a season. Aaronson should have been a similar player but he has not lived up to expectations. Maybe the pressure of the £25m transfer fee we paid is too much for him to handle...
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

Overman wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 5:41 pm O well nevermind, next.
Our luck is already changing. :lol:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 5:18 pm You've got a stat for every occasion Cjay I'll give you that. Do you actually WATCH football or are you just a stats nerd?

We have a lot of NFL and MLB fans in the United States that are like that. All into the fantasy league stuff pouring over every stat. But can't be bothered to actually watch games.

Not intended to be a put down just curious.
I'm awful at Fantasy Football as my performance shows :lol:

I used to watch tons, because as said before I'm a football geek and proud :) I've got an app on my phone to watch all sorts of leagues.

But don't watch as much as I used to because I cba, so tend to watch specific teams.

The standard in Europe isn't as good as it was imo. Bundesliga isn't as strong as it was, Serie A has dropped miles since its 80s and 90s pomp, La Liga is decent technically but soft.

Not to say there aren't good teams in each league but as a collective its not as good imo.

Championship isn't technically brilliant and the standard isn't particularly high.

But it's a slog, it's long, it's physical, it's tiring.

Aaronson has energy and can beat a man but aside from his obvious end product issue he us weak as they come.

He struggled with that in the Premier League.

Championship is more physical, this seasons Aaronson would get flattened.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Hopefully our American friends will know a bit more on this. I felt Aaronsen lost his confidence after a reasonable start to the season. He always then seemed to me to be trying to take that one touch too many, trying to be too deliberate rather than natural. I think he then started to really feel the pressure and the problem just kept growing. SO the question is that when he has been playing for the US or at previous clubs has he looked more natural and a far better player than he has showed for us?
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

GreennWhite wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 4:38 pm We are very quick to pick on players and throw them under the bus in this forum. Aaronson did struggle this season and I'm not ignoring that. But the guy is still young and inexperienced and a lot of players struggle to adapt to their first season in the Premier League. I do think there is a good player in there that we could well do to keep next season. Maybe not a regular starter but someone who could come on and make his energy and ability count in games.
Does no one think he has what it takes to come back for the start of next season and improve on this one. For me the Championship isn't the big tough no nonsense league it once was. Yes there are some very hard grounds to go and play in but you cant say they are worse than going to play in some of the Premiership grounds. Plus there is a lot more emphasis on actually trying to play football from what i see.
I agree with you. The lad has quick feet and good acceleration. He will have learned a few lessons from this season and there is a good chance he will be a better player for that experience. Players with pace in the championship are the most potent weapons as the defenders are generally slow. Keeping hold of James will also be a good move.
Bally
First Team
First Team

Post by Bally »

Flop
needs to go to whoever will have him and it certainly won't be a premier League club
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

weasel wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 7:42 pm Hopefully our American friends will know a bit more on this. I felt Aaronsen lost his confidence after a reasonable start to the season. He always then seemed to me to be trying to take that one touch too many, trying to be too deliberate rather than natural. I think he then started to really feel the pressure and the problem just kept growing. SO the question is that when he has been playing for the US or at previous clubs has he looked more natural and a far better player than he has showed for us?
The real answer is that he regressed under Jesse Marsch. Both at Salzburg and with Leeds. He looks like a shell of the dynamic attacking midfielder he showed at Philadelphia Union. Or with the USMNT during WQ Qualifying. He is overthinking the game. And his confidence is shot.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:11 am The real answer is that he regressed under Jesse Marsch. Both at Salzburg and with Leeds. He looks like a shell of the dynamic attacking midfielder he showed at Philadelphia Union. Or with the USMNT during WQ Qualifying. He is overthinking the game. And his confidence is shot.
Well said, Paul. He needs a coach that believes in him and will get him playing up to his potential.
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

I , like a few on here, thought he had a decent start.

Not one player has improved under Marsch.

The pitch was so condensed that players were nearly tackling each other, so he might have a little more space in the Championship.

The question is, who are we going to be left with?
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 4:29 pm I think you and many here overrate the Championship. Aaronson will do just fine at that level. Until some Neanderthal get's tired of chasing him and puts his studs through his knee... ;-)
First game potentially Paul. :)
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Is he any better than Archie Gray. If he does stick around we may find out next season. I must admit i would cash in if we got a decent offer of £15m+. Its a key position where Brendon plays and i didn't see enough to convince me. Albeit the coaches seemed to respect his energy.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

What is leaving a bad taste for me is that Aaronson and his agent barely waited a day to start leaking to the press this release clause.

That information wasn't leaked by accident.

It's coming from his agent.

If he is that keen to leave then get him gone.

We don't need players that desperate to leave with us next season.
Signed

King Cjay

Prisoner37
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Prisoner37 »

If your main attribute is the ability to fall over then you need to at least be in a team that can score from free kicks.

Be gone with ye!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Anyone know what the release price is? Has the agent disclosed that yet?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Most of the fouls on Aaronson have been trips, not barges. That doesn't suggest lack of functional strength to me
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

Cjay wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:10 pm What is leaving a bad taste for me is that Aaronson and his agent barely waited a day to start leaking to the press this release clause.

That information wasn't leaked by accident.

It's coming from his agent.

If he is that keen to leave then get him gone.

We don't need players that desperate to leave with us next season.
Leeds fans have been disappointed with his play most of the season. Many have made comments that are not so nice. Most people on here don't want him to stay. So now you are disappointed with his Agent testing the waters? Or are you just pissed off that he won't stay and take more of our abuse?

Kind of self fulfilling prophecy isn't it? Offer nothing but abuse all season. And then when he leaves you can disparage him even more for having a bad attitude and declare that he can just f**k off.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
Victor_Notts-17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Victor_Notts-17 »

He's not good enough...
Musicman1965
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Musicman1965 »

Some assistance will be needed to get him to his car.
We don't want him falling over on the way out of the club.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 2:52 pm Leeds fans have been disappointed with his play most of the season. Many have made comments that are not so nice. Most people on here don't want him to stay. So now you are disappointed with his Agent testing the waters? Or are you just pissed off that he won't stay and take more of our abuse?

Kind of self fulfilling prophecy isn't it? Offer nothing but abuse all season. And then when he leaves you can disparage him even more for having a bad attitude and declare that he can just f**k off.
I've praised his attitude actually.

He is apparently very professional and credit to him.

But having your agent leak stuff literally a day after the club you play for is relegated is in bad taste imo.

This could easily be done in private, but no leak it to the press.
Signed

King Cjay