Have the Government nothing better to do!!!!

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Have the Government nothing better to do!!!!

Post by billysboots »

Is it just me or does opening the door with your left hand mean you will have to twist your spine, that’s going to be painful for anyone ( like me) with back issues.
There Is Only One United.
VinnysTattoo
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by VinnysTattoo »

Scenario.

Two lane narrow road with a national speed limit. It’s school chucking out time from the nearby infant school. I am doing about 40 mph driving towards a fairly blind corner. There is a constant stream of traffic coming the other way. As I arrive at the corner there is a jogger in the road running towards me. I had to slam on as there is no footpath. He holds his hands out in a gesture of “ where do I go” Erm…on a f.ooking road with a path as one suggestion.
I suggest that a more elderly driver would not have spotted him and he would just be another statistic.
Some people cannot make decisions on their own it seems. What an irresponsible idiot.
Oh, and a hundred yards further back in the direction he has run from is a road with a footpath that goes for several miles.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

For a second there i thought you were on about the 4.3 Billion (yes i said billion) the government has written off in Furlough fraud and mishaps. Tax payer money down the pisshole and yes you guessed it.... We will be paying it back in tax rises for decades. What a farce this government have been. Roll on Universal Basic Income. :angel:
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

HarryofOz wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:20 pm That's because the rules have been designed for political popularity - being able to make motherhood statements like 'we're looking after cyclists and pedestrians' - rather than practicality.

How many pedestrians are simply going to walk across a road without looking simply assuming the driver will stop?
Is that a serious question?

You would be surprised at how many do just that. My office is on one of the busiest junctions in the area and the amount of people who just step out in the road is quite unbelievable!

:bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

hector wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:01 am Here mate... You want adventurous on the roads... I road a motorbike around Cairo and Luxor for quite a while... :shock: :shock: :shock:

If there is not a lane there.... who cares?? they just nudge the cars to one side and make another lane, bikes don't stand a chance...

Thing is... You get knocked off your bike there, it is your fault... If you were not there, it couldn't have happened is the police attitude...

:) :)
Well I've always viewed cyclists and motorcyclists as being expendable mate ;-)

I visited Luxor and Cairo about thirty year ago for a holiday and yeah the driving was pretty wild in Cairo. But we were only in taxis and calashes so didn't get to put my skills to the test, thank fook :?

I once drove in New York, and put about ten years on me, FFS :shock:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

becchio bear wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:53 am Is that a serious question?

You would be surprised at how many do just that. My office is on one of the busiest junctions in the area and the amount of people who just step out in the road is quite unbelievable!

They probably think they're indestructible cos they're fully jabbed ;-)
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

becchio bear wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:53 am Is that a serious question?

That was my point. The new rules will increase the likelihood of pedestrians just walking without stopping and looking.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

White Riot wrote: Exactly mate Image

If you think driving in the UK's adventurous come and have a spin in a country where anything and everything goes, 24/7, 365. Just make your own rules and laws up, life's good like that Image

Nazdrave :beers:
Wouldn't have it any other way now WR. I had to spend 6 months there last year and hated it.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

BGwhite wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:26 pm Wouldn't have it any other way now WR. I had to spend 6 months there last year and hated it.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk
Yeah, I will get back to the UK for a visit at some stage, and guessing it will be culture shock, after being in Canada for seven years and Bulgaria for four years :duno: