Radrizzani

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Radrizzani

Post by malcolmw »

1964white wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:28 pm Football website Last Word On Football claims an insider has informed them that the 49ers Enterprises takeover of Leeds United could be “done by Friday” as fans wait eagerly for news on the state of their club after relegation.

Andrea Radrizzani has now been confirmed as buying Italian side Sampdoria, avoiding a points deduction with an agreement for the relegated Serie A side. It is clearly a sign that Radrizzani has set up an escape route from Leeds.

Fans are hopeful that Radrizzani’s pursuit and subsequent purchase of Sampdoria is a sign that he is open to doing an agreement with the 49ers. There were concerns that Radrizzani may stay put, and hope for an instant return.

Indeed, selling the club at Premier League price would be a whole lot cash in the Italian’s pocket – but, that is of course a risk in case Leeds do not gain promotion come May 2024. It seems as if Radrizzani is open to our sale.

The report states that less than 24 hours since confirmation of Radrizzani’s purchase of Sampdoria, he could be set to sell Leeds a few days later. The source has told LWOS that a deal could go through even this week, “by Friday”.

“Last Word on Football understands from a reliable source that 49ers Enterprises’ takeover of the club ‘should be done by Friday’. Our source is believed to be a club insider and revealed the news of Jesse Marsch’s sacking.”

49ers Enterprises takeover of Leeds United could be done by Friday

Fingers crossed, the source is accurate. It seems unlikely that such could happen so quickly, given the enormity of and scale of the sale. But if talks, as some reports suggest, have been going on for some weeks – it is a possibility.

Hopefully, for Leeds fans and indeed the club’s summer planning, the need for a takeover to go through quickly is paramount. The club have a massive summer ahead and getting a takeover done quickly can allow us to press on.
I think there is upside for 49ers Enterprises to complete a deal now. They have more leverage over Radz, given all the events of the past week for him and the club.
Word is they want to keep Kinnear until end of next season and have him working on a new director of football. Kieran Scott from 'Boro being one of the targets.
Manager- wise, I'd like to see Rodgers put in place. (Just my opinion).

I know I will get crucified for saying this, but if you do go back to 2017, the current regime have made our Financials a lot more positive. Our revenue growth and sponsor deals have been solid.
It all unraveled at 1 key moment - the start of the 21/22 season. How, why ... we'll never really know. We all have our opinions and ideas, but right now we have no option but to dust off and move forward.
The opportunity is once a deal is final, the voice of the fans must be made known to the (new) ownership. How must/should that happen? We don't want a Glazers situation to develop.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

The Athletic report that Radz has used ER as collateral to get his loan to buy Sampdoria approved, which might tie it in for 10 years plus

The 49ers were not informed in advance.

https://theathletic.com/4568028/2023/06 ... adrizzani/
Last edited by Carrick Dave on Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by billysboots »

What a fucker, we could lose the stadium again.
There Is Only One United.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

If that's true and becomes the smaller shareholder I suspect he'll charge a rent for playing there. Seems like we're going back in time here. This is the trouble with more than one outright owner. Instead of clearing things up it's getting more messy by the day.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

“Leeds United’s chairman Andrea Radrizzani offered to use the club’s Elland Road stadium as security for a £26million bank loan which his company, Aser, and a bidding partner, Gestio Capital, intended to use to complete a takeover of the Italian club Sampdoria.

Under a heads of terms agreement co-signed by Radrizzani — essentially an agreement in principle — Elland Road would act as collateral as part of a deal by Radrizzani’s Aser and his bidding partner Gestio Capital to borrow €30m (£25.8m; $32.1m) from Italian bank Banca Sistema, helping to fund their Sampdoria buy-out.”
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

I would have thought that it might put the takeover in jeopardy. Surely the 49ers would have expected ER to be part of the deal? I now would. I couldn't read all the article as it kept trying to flog me newspapers but did it say that the ER deal with the bank had actually been done?
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

“Less than 24 hours after Radrizzani announced that an agreement had been reached in principle for his group to purchase Sampdoria, The Athletic learned that a proposal had earlier been drawn up which meant that in order for the bank to approve the loan, it would be secured against Leeds’ Elland Road ground, which is controlled by Elland Road Ltd, the UK company which controls the stadium.

The proposed bridging loan would be due for repayment within two years, and also contains clauses showing that the bank would charge interest of provisionally between six and nine per cent per year during this period. However, the agreement would also enable the loan to be extended for up to a decade, which throws open the possibility that Leeds United’s home could act as security for Radrizzani’s Italian venture on Sampdoria for 10 years. The current status of the proposed loan and the extent to which it has progressed beyond a heads of terms agreement is unclear, but no charge has been registered, at the time of publication, on Companies House, the executive agency of the British government that maintains the register of companies.”
Hewin
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Hewin »

Carrick Dave wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:33 am The Athletic report that Radz has used ER as collateral to get his loan to buy Sampdoria approved, which might tie it in for 10 years plus

The 49ers were not informed in advance.

https://theathletic.com/4568028/2023/06 ... adrizzani/
Rat doing rat things again.
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

Adam Pope - "I’m afraid the chairman has failed to recognise that a football ground is more than just an “asset”. It’s a lot of people’s business. That is why
@lufctrust secured Elland Road as an “Asset of Community Value”.

https://lufctrust.com/article/leeds-uni ... nity-value
Last edited by BradWhite on Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

All very murky. What isn't clear from the article is if it was approved/accepted or if it was simply an offer whilst he was trying to put a deal together. I'd have thought with the mega rich QSI on board, offering the stadium as collateral may not have been necessary. Who knows? What is clear that even the suggestion of doing this has further alienated the fan base.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

He's showing his true colours.

An absolute scumbag who doesn't care about the club.

Get him out
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

If the ground is part of the sale of the club then the 49ers own part of it too, making any transactions without their knowledge / permission illegal and corrupt, however the fact that he 'offered' the ground as a bridging loan doesn't mean it was accepted, if it was he'd be in very deep s**t with a huge sporting enterprise.

I'm thinking the ground is a separate asset to the club and not part of the deal.

In his email, Radz told The Athletic that "What Aser Ventures does with its assets which include Leeds Utd, Greenfield and Elland Road... it's none of your business."

He added "You can do what you want but you are just trying to put Leeds United fans against myself. It is not nice."
Last edited by BradWhite on Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

You couldn’t make it up could you? The assets of Leeds United being mortgaged in an effort to save a failing Italian club!

I couldn’t imagine any “assistance” of this kind from an Italian club when we were threatened with oblivion.

Alienation from the fan base is now complete and I don’t suppose he cares one jot. Just sell up and be gone Mr Radrizzani, we really do deserve better owners than you.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

So, now he has stabbed us in the back :evil:
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

1964white wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:04 pm So, now he has stabbed us in the back :evil:
He has been underhand on all sides it'd be our luck if we couldn't get shut of him and he uses Leeds as a filter club for Sampdoria.

We have had some shitty owners.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:04 pm So, now he has stabbed us in the back :evil:
Remember when people praised him fkr "buying us the stadium back".

Shows his true motives now.

Sees it as his asset as he told The Athletic.

He's a leech just like all the others.

Least Bates never pretended to be anything else.
Signed

King Cjay

White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:14 pm Remember when people praised him fkr "buying us the stadium back".

Correct Cjay :tup:

He's the latest vermin in town and dragging this club backwards.

God help us.
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

Cjay wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:14 pm Remember when people praised him fkr "buying us the stadium back".

He is a hard nosed businessman out to make money, his heart is not in Leeds United, he has no passion or respect for the fans.
I remember Bates saying in an interview when fans wanted him out for milking the fan base, that if the fans don't come the fans lose their club, that'll be their fault, or words to that effect.

Who's to say the 49ers will be any better because the way I see it is that they have not been very vocal about anything so far.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

BradWhite wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:37 pm He is a hard nosed businessman out to make money, his heart is not in Leeds United, he has no passion or respect for the fans.
I remember Bates saying in an interview when fans wanted him out for milking the fan base, that if the fans don't come the fans lose their club, that'll be their fault, or words to that effect.

Who's to say the 49ers will be any better because the way I see it is that they have not been very vocal about anything so far.
No faith whatsoever in the 49ers and Bates was a twat.

But Bates never pretended to be anything else.

Radz made out like the purchase of Elland Road was for the club and the fans.

Got tons of praise for it (despite many fans pointing out Leeds United didn't own the ground).

Now he has shown that it was always about him and its his asset.

Why do we always attract the same chancers and liars :cry:

Apparently the 49ers own 29% of the company that owns the ground.

Is it even legal to make the offer without telling them? :duno:
Signed

King Cjay

BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

Probably get a points deduction. :lol:

I'm kidding.