Tyler Adams

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Re: Tyler Adams

Post by YorkshireSquare »

weasel wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:31 pm I think KP's passing range and reading of the game was a lot better but Adam's makes up for that with the non stop running. When his reading of the game improves he could be one hell of a player.

Definitely, I don't mean to downplay Phillips' ability. He suited the Bielsa game, he will suit Guardiola's game but Adams definitely suits Marsch's game.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:38 pm I'll only quibble on the margin with regard to reading of the game. I think Adams has a tremendous football brain.
I think as his reading gets better he will run less as he will find himself in the right position earlier, I'm not saying he is a bad reader of the game, far from it, just that mainly because of his youth he has less experience of reading play. I found as a centreback when I was younger I was making a lot of last ditch tackles, thankfully I had good pace and the ability to tackle at full stretch with either foot. The more matches I played though the less I had to make those sort of tackles (and it wasn't due to losing pace). In many matches later in my career I probabably wouldn't even find myself needing to make a single tackle in the game.

I think KP benefitted from Bielsa's teachings which probably fast tracked his reading of the game (as don't forget he was a box to box midfielder and played a different role to the one Adams does where it was a lot more about being in the right place rather than exerting pressure.
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

weasel wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:28 pm I think as his reading gets better he will run less as he will find himself in the right position earlier, I'm not saying he is a bad reader of the game, far from it, just that mainly because of his youth he has less experience of reading play. I found as a centreback when I was younger I was making a lot of last ditch tackles, thankfully I had good pace and the ability to tackle at full stretch with either foot. The more matches I played though the less I had to make those sort of tackles (and it wasn't due to losing pace). In many matches later in my career I probabably wouldn't even find myself needing to make a single tackle in the game.

I think KP benefitted from Bielsa's teachings which probably fast tracked his reading of the game (as don't forget he was a box to box midfielder and played a different role to the one Adams does where it was a lot more about being in the right place rather than exerting pressure.
I think that's some thoughtful analysis. Not sure I agree as Jesse's system requires Adams to cover a lot of ground while pressing and providing support for the fullbacks. I'm not sure he or anyone else will run less in this system.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
Currie14
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Currie14 »

MOTM for me today, our new Duracell bunny. Not sure about the tackles stat as there was a passage of play where he made 3 tackles in about 30 seconds! Love it.
Tom_Siffringer
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Tom_Siffringer »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: I'll only quibble on the margin with regard to reading of the game. I think Adams has a tremendous football brain.
Agreed, they're different players but in no way does KP have a better football brain than Tyler

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:47 pm I think that's some thoughtful analysis. Not sure I agree as Jesse's system requires Adams to cover a lot of ground while pressing and providing support for the fullbacks. I'm not sure he or anyone else will run less in this system.
Definitely differing systems and I'm not sure that KP would fit into JM's way of playing, whereas TA definitely does.

As a manager whenever I played with a defensive midfielder I used to tell them that less was more. FoOr me I wanted the DM to stay central at all times, I didn't want him going over to tackle a winger etc. If we had been exposed (by having our fullbacks pushing forward) I would expect one of my centrebacks to move accross to cover for the fullback and the DM to slot in next to the other centreback. Similarly I think Bielsa xpected the same from his DM.

Whilst having not fully got to grips with JM's system I do think TA is expected to get forward and getback and the key part to his game is having the ability to run all match and cover lots of ground, definitely a different role to the how the DM was seen under MB. It does look initially to me that Roca is more likely of the pair to be sitting back and keeping the shape.

TA and Aaronsen are definitely key to JM's way of playing.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Tom_Siffringer wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:32 am Agreed, they're different players but in no way does KP have a better football brain than Tyler

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
I think Bielsa taught him exceptionally well how to read the game and anticipate things. I don't think KP would fit the TA role under Marsch and similarly I don't see TA fitting the KP role under MB.
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

weasel wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:10 am I think Bielsa taught him exceptionally well how to read the game and anticipate things. I don't think KP would fit the TA role under Marsch and similarly I don't see TA fitting the KP role under MB.
I completely agree with this. Marcelo Bielsa absolutely made KP into the player he is.
Football/Futbol/Soccer
geeno_philly
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by geeno_philly »

Though I would bump this thread.....take a ride through the beginning posts and share your thoughts.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Tyler is my favourite player right now, a perfect replacement for one of my loves, Kalvin.

Never believed I would utter those words,

Adams has filled big shoes at Leeds & has taken on the role admirably, love his tenacious play.
AylingFlop
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by AylingFlop »

1964white wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:52 am Tyler is my favourite player right now, a perfect replacement for one of my loves, Kalvin.

Never believed I would utter those words,

Adams has filled big shoes at Leeds & has taken on the role admirably, love his tenacious play.
You echo my thoughts after watching him v Southampton & Chelsea. Doing a brilliant job of covering to let Struijk go forward amongst the many other positive actions
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2022-08-22 10.39.36.png
Screenshot 2022-08-22 10.39.36.png (402.74 KiB) Viewed 781 times
1964white

Post by 1964white »

What a genuinely nice guy 8-)

Talks about Jesse, Pat, players, fans & enjoys a bit of fun at the end of the clip

andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

1964white wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:24 pm What a genuinely nice guy 8-)

Talks about Jesse, Pat, players, fans & enjoys a bit of fun at the end of the clip

Terrible the way they put him on the spot at the end with the Yorkshire phrases. I grew up in Yorkshire for 26 years and there were 2 that I didn't know. "Faffing" and "Ginnel"
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:22 pm Terrible the way they put him on the spot at the end with the Yorkshire phrases. I grew up in Yorkshire for 26 years and there were 2 that I didn't know. "Faffing" and "Ginnel"
One people...divided only by a common language. :roflmao:
Football/Futbol/Soccer
1964white

Post by 1964white »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:22 pm Terrible the way they put him on the spot at the end with the Yorkshire phrases. I grew up in Yorkshire for 26 years and there were 2 that I didn't know. "Faffing" and "Ginnel"
My mum often used the word "faffing", bless her.

As a kid, "ginnel" was a popular word as where I lived there was an avenue that led to Armley Park for playing football/cricket most days of any given year,
hector

Post by hector »

Aye... a ginnel is another name for a snicket....

:mrgreen:
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Stop faffin abart n stick tha bike down ginnel.

Where i'm from the ginnel was the gap between 2 adjoining houses
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:51 am Stop faffin abart n stick tha bike down ginnel.

Where i'm from the ginnel was the gap between 2 adjoining houses
We just called them alley ways when I were a kid
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Comes across as a really genuine guy in that clip. And I never knew Neville Longbottom was a Leeds fan!!!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson