Golf Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Re: Golf Thread - The Ryder Cup

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Wouldn't be surprised to see scheffler up there and winning again. Seems a big time player. From ours Tommy does ok round there and Fitzpatrick showed decent form a couple of weeks ago. Looking forward to it.....
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

CUSSIE01 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:48 pm Can’t wait for the Masters. Any early predictions ?? A group of mates do a competition where you take the odds off Bet 365 & you have to pick 3 players with combined odds of over 100/1, winner is the player with the lowest combined score of the 3 players, penalty for any players missing the cut. £10 each, tends to go right to the wire.
Obvious winner is Scheffler but 4/1. No thanks.
My Three against the field. Zalatoris, Schauffle & Matsuyama. If Zalatoris had a putting stroke I’d be a lot more confident about him. I said to myself out loud the other night “has a major ever been won with a broomstick style putter” and quick as a flash the Mrs said “Adam Scott in the Masters”. Fair play 👏
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

I think Ludvig Aberg is a good shout.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

CUSSIE01 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:48 pm Can’t wait for the Masters. Any early predictions ?? A group of mates do a competition where you take the odds off Bet 365 & you have to pick 3 players with combined odds of over 100/1, winner is the player with the lowest combined score of the 3 players, penalty for any players missing the cut. £10 each, tends to go right to the wire.
Aye, it's always a great watch Cussie, though usually a late finish here :sleep:

I think Matt Fitzpatrick will have a good showing for us. I dunno what kind of form John Rahm is in? But he's a big occasion player.

The Yanks will dominate the leaderboard though. Brooks Koepka is capable of winning it. Shame Ricky Fowler often fades in the Majors. Ricccccckkkeeehhhhhhh
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Golf Thread - The Masters

Post by Jaydog »

Should be an exciting last round with an ultra tough firm & fast Augusta. Would like to see someone knock Scheffler off his perch tbh. No fish jokes….
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:40 am Should be an exciting last round with an ultra tough firm & fast Augusta. Would like to see someone knock Scheffler off his perch tbh. No fish jokes….
I wouldn’t bream of it.

On a serious note I haven’t really watched the Masters this year, just haven’t had time. Had to rely on highlights to keep up. Hard to look past Scheffler or Homa.
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Scheffler seems a nice guy and excellent golfer.
Should have stuck some dough on him.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:41 pm Scheffler seems a nice guy and excellent golfer.
Should have stuck some dough on him.
Was only 5/1 at the start Mick. Best player in the world by a mile but 5/1. Bit boring unless you’re a high roller.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

DDB220 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:37 pm I wouldn’t bream of it.

On a serious note I haven’t really watched the Masters this year, just haven’t had time. Had to rely on highlights to keep up. Hard to look past Scheffler or Homa.
Stop carping on for goodness sake.

What are you doing at night to stop you watching DDB? On the other hand maybe don’t answer that.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Domestic servitude takes up a lot of my time.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

If I am being entirely truthful I have a rotator cuff issue with my right shoulder. Had an MRI a week ago. Seeing my consultant next week to learn the bad news. I believe I have buggered the tendon. I Cannot play golf now, watching just annoys me at the moment.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:53 pm Stop carping on for goodness sake.

What are you doing at night to stop you watching DDB? On the other hand maybe don’t answer that.
Have you played Belton Woods (Lincs) Jay?
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Chilli D wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:28 pm Have you played Belton Woods (Lincs) Jay?
No Chilli. Is it a good course?
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:40 am Should be an exciting last round with an ultra tough firm & fast Augusta. Would like to see someone knock Scheffler off his perch tbh. No fish jokes….
I honestly don't think anyone will beat Scheffler. The bloke is like a robot. He's undoubtedly the best player in the world right now but I find him boring.
My tip before the start of the tournament, Ludwig Aberg, is still in with a shout.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Jaydog wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:32 pm No Chilli. Is it a good course?
It has two course, the Lakes and Woodside, both really good. My society last went there in 2014 so we're going back in June.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Chilli D wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:33 pm I honestly don't think anyone will beat Scheffler. The bloke is like a robot. He's undoubtedly the best player in the world right now but I find him boring.
My tip before the start of the tournament, Ludwig Aberg, is still in with a shout.
I agree. I was enjoying it when he had a little meltdown yesterday but then he went and got it back on the two par 5s. But yes he’ll win although Morikawa won’t be a pushover.
Hopefully it’s very close. Aberg is a bit special but I think he might struggle today.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Chilli D wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:34 pm It has two course, the Lakes and Woodside, both really good. My society last went there in 2014 so we're going back in June.
That’s the s**t golf society? Something like that I seem to remember. CRAP maybe 😂
Madron
First Team
First Team

Post by Madron »

Tommy birdies the first.
Cmon boy
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Jaydog wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:32 pm No Chilli. Is it a good course?
Belton Park is nicer has 3 nines. Much preferred it to Belton Woods. That's a marriott isn't it ?
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Stoke Rochford out that way is also nice