Luís Sinisterra

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Luís Sinisterra - Confirmed

Post by Kennyb41 »

If the most recent Premier League arrival of a Colombia winger is anything to go by, new Leeds signing Luis Sinisterra has big shoes to emulate.

Liverpool's capture of Sinisterra's countryman Luis Diaz in January lit up English football, but Sinisterra scored more goals last season and even spoke about his similarities with Diaz in an interview back in May.

"We are players who like to have the ball and we have goals," he said. "I have a good relationship with him."

The 23-year-old exploded into life last season, two years after moving to the Netherlands from South America in 2019, scoring 23 goals in 49 appearances in all competitions.

He was exceptional in Europe, scoring six times and making a further four goals to be named Uefa Europa Conference League Young Player of the Season.

He has five international caps but did not make the squad for the June friendly with Saudi Arabia. Colombia also failed to qualify for the World Cup in Qatar so Sinisterra is guaranteed a break in November.

An electric winger, he can play off either the right or the left so should offer a natural replacement for Raphinha.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

A Decent Striker Now and were done i'd say.
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Always a good sign when the fans of his old club are gutted, not seen a single disparaging post from Feyenoord fans about him - awesome news, super excited
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

faaip wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:43 pm We're 62 mill down net atm ..
And I wonder how we'll cover that lol...
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Really excited about this one! Similar to when Raph signed, you just felt the excitement of what he's gonna bring. :love:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Victor_Notts-17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Victor_Notts-17 »

What a prospect this guy is! Hoping he fulfils his potential here at Elland Road and goes onto to bring us success. Great signing :-D
MarschingAlong
Ballboy
Ballboy

Re: Luís Sinisterra - Rumour

Post by MarschingAlong »

SG90 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:40 am Let's be honest it'll be "Oh Sinisterra" Seven Nation Army or something to the tune of Sloop John B, like all football chants these days.
7 Nation Army is always a great shout, but here is the chant the Feyenoord fans created for him in (very simple) Spanish:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CdNn8gGq ... MyMTA2M2Y=

"Que si, que no, que Luis Sinisterra!"
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

23 goals and 14 assists in 49 games for Feyenoord is very impressive for a winger even though the Dutch league isn't that strong.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Victor_Notts-17
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Victor_Notts-17 »

If we give Luis Sinisterra the #11 shirt we get: LS11 https://twitter.com/Radebe_Leeds/status ... CPbsVHACRg
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Victor_Notts-17 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:36 pm If we give Luis Sinisterra the #11 shirt we get: LS11 https://twitter.com/Radebe_Leeds/status ... CPbsVHACRg
Nice ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Post by Tyzy »

Great signing, I think🤔 Winger number .......,I've lost count! I thought JM didn't play with wingers??
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Victor_Notts-17 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:36 pm If we give Luis Sinisterra the #11 shirt we get: LS11 https://twitter.com/Radebe_Leeds/status ... CPbsVHACRg
Great point
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

I love this signing. Hopefully a similar trajectory to Raphinha.
Tighthead
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Tighthead »

Welcome Luis hope you have many happy years at Elland Rd.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

This is a super signing. Excited to watch this guy. Transfer business ticking along nicely. I'd still like us to snag Camara, a striker to compete, and backup experienced GK. Oh, and persuade Raph to stay. Not asking too much eh?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Phil has given an update on Luis injury.

A minor issue but 10-14 day issue.

Likely to miss Wolves
Signed

King Cjay

BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Should be back for Xmas then !

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Luís Sinisterra

Post by Kennyb41 »

Leeds assistant boss Rene Maric was pleased to see Luis Sinisterra score his first goal for the club in Wednesday's Carabao Cup win over Barnsley but says he will need to wait for his opportunity in the Premier League.

The 23-year-old struck powerfully from 25 yards to put Leeds ahead on his first start for the club and will offer a different option as the Whites seek to build on an impressive start to the season.

"He's a great player and a great guy and there's a lot more to come from him," Maric said. "He 's strong, fast, can dribble and is very smart too.

"He has a big variety of tools and is a high quality player. I'm very happy he was able to reward himself for the way he has trained and that he showed glimpses of his potential.

"We do though have a whole squad trying to compete and I think we have a really good roster. It will be hard for him if others keep it up."

Leeds have been drawn against Wolves in the third round. The tie will take place at Molineux between 8 and 10 November.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Luís Sinisterra

Post by Cjay »

Quality finish when we needed one.

Bit of something out of nothing as Raph used to do.

Lovely to see a right footer striking so well with his weaker foot given so many of our players are very one footed.

Bamford, Roca, Harrison, James etc.

Two goals and two Quality ones at that.

Well done Luis.
Signed

King Cjay